Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:17 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Jesus, can't they even show respect to the POTUS by showing up for the State of the Union?
I believe Thomas, Scalia and Kennedy saw the text of the speech, and saw that 0bama was going to make an ass out himself by attacking the Supreme Court justices, so they did not wish to be a part of 0bama's petty display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 05:21 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Seems no one knows why the two Justices were absent....they were absent because???
They are not rquired to be there. Most go out of respect for the Office of the President.

After the unprecidented actions of the President last night, IMO, many others will be absent for the next "speach".

Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
"Uncle Thomas"

Why so racist?
"Uncle Tom" is not racist. It's a comment on character, not race. Though it is generally applied to black males, it isn't restricted to them. It is a term used to -- usually with the name changed to reflect the ethnicity and/or gender of the person -- to describe a person who turns on his own.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Where.... Uncle Thomas last night?

Jesus, can't they even show respect....?
Pot, meet Kettle.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:07 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
"Uncle Tom" is not racist. It's a comment on character, not race. Though it is generally applied to black males, it isn't restricted to them. It is a term used to -- usually with the name changed to reflect the ethnicity and/or gender of the person -- to describe a person who turns on his own.
Right, Thomas is despised by people of color for his own self-hatred. The guy is not stable & a dreadful person for the highest court. But remember President Bush tried to get his own private lawyer on the Supreme court. Any Republican nominating a justice is motivated by selfish ignorance & Thomas is a tragic example of just that. No respect for the clown!

Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Jesus, can't they even show respect to the POTUS by showing up for the State of the Union?
"Uncle Thomas"? More of that "Racial Tolerance and Inclusion" by the left I see.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:38 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Any Republican nominating a justice is motivated by selfish ignorance
And any Democrat nominating a justice is motivated by enlightenment and intelligence, right?

What a crock of ****!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:40 AM

716 posts, read 1,119,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
thomas:

*bug eyed, grinning*

i's much obliged to work fo' the guhment, in the supreme cote. i shole iyyy!! i's do whateva massah say do.

every other conservative in the supreme court: boy, is that you speaking again?? who authorized you to speak?

thomas: no suh! that won't me suh! i's quiet suh! i's promiiiiiiiiiiise.

This is f'd up on so many levels. There's no excuse for this garbage.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
thomas:

*bug eyed, grinning*

i's much obliged to work fo' the guhment, in the supreme cote. i shole iyyy!! i's do whateva massah say do.

every other conservative in the supreme court: boy, is that you speaking again?? who authorized you to speak?

thomas: no suh! that won't me suh! i's quiet suh! i's promiiiiiiiiiiise.
What are you talking about? I can't believe you posted this and I can't believe it hasn't been zapped by now..

Nita

Old 01-29-2010, 09:38 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,213 times
says ppl that support the right and their garbage. you supporters of the right hold no weight in an argument about token blacks/uncle toms/etc.

you will never understand what its like to finally get someone in that kind of position that looks like you that ends up being someone's lapdog, that doesn't have his own opinion on anything whatsoever and that is so out of touch with the community.

he's useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies