Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Sounds like Chavez's way of thinking:

Green Blog » Blog Archive » Watch Hugo Chavez: Capitalism is the way to the destruction of the planet

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2009/12/chavez-tells-copenhagen-summit-capitalism-is-the-road-to-hell-gets-rousing-ovation/ - broken link)
I didn't read the link, but can you honestly say it's working just fine? After the last year of the economy being in the toilet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well... I'm sorta liberal, so I'll give it a crack.

I believe that individuals have rights to do as they please as long as it doesn't harm anyone. Freedom to believe what you want, as long as you don't force it upon everyone else.

I also believe that we as a COMMUNITY should offer help as need be, but only in certain circumstances. Welfare aid should only be given to those most deserving, and only as temporary help. Drug testing and citizenship should be no brainer requirements to be eligible for aid. You should be thankful to get it, not feel entitled to it. But we should help out our community because we are only as strong as our weakest link.

I believe in free speech, even if you don't like it. Yes, even the KKK and the Westboro Baptist Church should have their own little soapboxes to complain on. Education will make the populace ultimately roll their collective eyes at them and ignore them.

I believe in education. ALL KINDS. From trade schools to advanced degrees, everyone that wants to be educated should be educated. I also think if you don't want to be educated, you should not be forced. BUT, you reap what you sow. I don't think college should be as expensive as it currently is. It's ridiculously overpriced. College benefits society as a whole

I left out my more 'middle of the road' beliefs in favor of my more 'liberal' ones. I do swing right on some issues as well, so I'm not ALL right wing or ALL left wing, which would be silly.
I can live with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies