Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I read them all, although I saw very little intelligence being exhibited in most of them. Maybe you need to read the one right after yours to learn something about the census and what you have to answer.
I did not ask you about the intelligence of the posters. I stated that most people said they were sending in the census. You are the one who claimed that people were not sending them in at all. As for the poster after me.....I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 10:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Sure i will fill it out and mial in.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:23 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Since you are a LEGAL citizen (what other kind is there?)
What other kind is there? You don't know anything about the millions of ILLEGAL citizens here that get more benefits than the legal ones?

Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeme View Post
Does every household get the long version eventually? I completed a regular one page census form a few weeks ago and I thought I was all done.
The census forms aren't being sent out until March....I have no idea what you filled out or who you are really sending that information too but it most likely wasn't a real census.
There are census scammers out there...you should be careful. I hope you didn't give them personal information.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:51 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
What other kind is there? You don't know anything about the millions of ILLEGAL citizens here that get more benefits than the legal ones?
No such thing.

Someone who is in the United States illegally is not a citizen.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
A census would ask for the Names of the ppl living in the household, ages, sex, birthplace, etc. the census worker would know how many ppl are living there by the detailed info required.
Only if they cross referenced. That is, if both of us answered. The honest truth is that if some form comes to my apartment mailbox--especially if it's addressed to "Resident" it's going to get tossed out. All my "important" mail goes to a PO Box, and has for years.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I wonder how many of you have been happy to avail yourselves of some of the more extraneous information collected from the census?

Old 01-29-2010, 06:47 AM

853 posts, read 4,035,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
The census forms aren't being sent out until March....I have no idea what you filled out or who you are really sending that information too but it most likely wasn't a real census.
There are census scammers out there...you should be careful. I hope you didn't give them personal information.
I think what I filled out came from my town, and it only had a few questions, and I just had to verify if it was correct.

Thanks for the heads up though! Imagine filling out all of that information for a scammer, ugh!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 AM

853 posts, read 4,035,447 times
It sounds like there are people who feel strongly about answering all of the questions, and others who are strongly against giving out all of that personal information.....does anybody know where to find out what the laws are for sure?

I personally used to be very trusting, however, now I would rather only list what is needed.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:21 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneeme View Post
It sounds like there are people who feel strongly about answering all of the questions, and others who are strongly against giving out all of that personal information.....does anybody know where to find out what the laws are for sure?

I personally used to be very trusting, however, now I would rather only list what is needed.
TITLE 13 > CHAPTER 7 > SUBCHAPTER II > § 221
Prev | Next
§ 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.
(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.
(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies