Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:28 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
The global cooling of the 40s-70s was due to particulate matter in the air reflecting sunlight back. Advances in technology and regulation curbed a lot of that. You can look at the research yourself about the Great Lakes, but I am definitely not wrong, as you suggest.

As for your charges against these amorphic "environmentalists" (whoever they are):

1. Weather patterns and climate change are not the same. You seem to lack basic understanding if you insist on linking the two. It's about overall mean temp.

2. Pollution from developing economies is the biggest threat to our stability. Everybody knows that. What you seem to not understand is that the wealthy, developed nations are far better positioned to transition their economies to renewable energy than India and China.

3. I'm not sure what you're talking about deserts for. Deserts are defined by moisture.
You said earlier the overall trend was warming. Then you tell me not to talk about weather?

What caused global cooling during the ice age? What caused global warming at the end of the end of the ice age?

We aren't in better position to move to renewable energy than China and India because renewable energy doesn't work.

Why don't we just round up all the unemployed people in the U.S. and put them to work making wind mills and solar panels. Then we can ship them off to China and India. This would solve our unemployment problem and global wariming, climate change, acid rain, ozone depletion, overpopulation, nuclear winter, desertification, and any other nonsense environmentalists care to come up with.

What's gonna be the next environmental disaster that people are gonna fall for? Let me guess. red dye number 2 in M&Ms kill people. No wait Three Mile island will kill us all. How 'bout all the Kuwati oil fires? Is that one gonna get us. Phew. maybe next time. LOLs. Maybe if any of these things happened I would believe global warming nonsense.

And overall mean temp has been decreasing for 11 years. That's why it changed form global warming to climate change. How can people actually believe we can control the weather anyway. The entire idea is absurd.

Obama and other world leaders fly to Europe and claim they can control future temperatures down to a hundreth of a degree by passing some regulations and raising taxes. LOLs. All in the middle of a blizzard. The entire notion is ridiculous. You have to be a complete clown to think we can control global temperatures or climate.

You brought up deserts. That is why I mentioned them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 12:53 AM

805 posts, read 774,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And it was met by hoots of laughter.

0bama is going to try and use the bogus hoax of global warming to enact laws and even instruct the EPA, CIA and NASA to carry his water. The day we kick these little tyrants out of office cannot come soon enough.
It's the "Progressive" agenda.
Haven't the "Progressives" told you that they know better?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:19 AM

805 posts, read 774,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No PH.D. Are you a climatologist? Is Al Gore inventor of the Internet?
I am not arguing against the scientists. I am saying that a good many scientists argue against each others conclusions. One thing I do know. When you get a group of experts together and many don't come up with the same conclusions, then it is fair to conclude that what they call evidence might very well be assumptions.
30 years ago Scientists claimed that we were headed for another ice age.
That if we didn't change our ways, we were doomed.
What changed? Technology? Better science? Or another fad?
I am a doubting Thomas. I do not believe that just because some scientists say anything that it is automatically a fact.
I do believe in green policies. Not because I fear global warming but because it makes sense not to crap in the water you drink.
My Grammar? I really wasn't aware that good grammar was required for posting on an inter net forum. But then again I really don't care either.
Why tinman! Can't you give those that are morally superior to us their proper dues? Of course this master dbaiter has wowed everyone here with his most obvious superiority. Complex issues cannot be left to fools, they must be determined by well paid and funded scientists that can come up with a Consensus that will convince us once and for all that freezing temperatures in Florida and dying coral in Florida is man-caused global warming.

Cap and Tax, the sooner the better! I'm fortunate to live in a very Progressive neighborhood and they are so convinced of this threat to civilization that we are going to have a car burning in our town square.
So bring your Prius', Volvo's, Yugo's and gas-guzzling SUV's!

Burn, baby, burn! One way or another we are going to save the planet!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,187 times
Quote:
Let your mommy back on the computer. You shouldn't sneak on without an adult's permission.
LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Obama is like a used car salesman. Liar, liar pants on fire.
Put Pommy back on the computer. I guarantee you, he'd have smarter things to say.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:51 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Climate Depot

This site is a clearinghouse for ALL the GW, Climategate, IPCC fraud and anything else you can think of.

The IPCC has lost ALL credibility with the latest news of how often they relied on the WWF, Greenpeace, students and mountain climbers for their outlandish disaster scenarios.

Here's a good one;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...climate-change

Quote:
Water vapour caused one-third of global warming in 1990s, study reveals
Of course, they want us to believe that changes nothing, absolutely nothing regarding the robust, peer-reviewed concensus on AGW.

The *** is up, the hoax has been exposed, the house of cards comes tumbling down.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:52 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
These days, it just ain't polite to talk about the weather.

Things could get blown out of proportion - or blown away entirely!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-6U5MwyDM

Old 01-30-2010, 08:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
For someone who seems obsessed with this one issue, you'd think that you would know the difference between local weather patterns / seasonal norms and overall global temperature.

Seriously. Credibility gone with this post. I thought you knew something about the issue for a while.
Since some of you proclaim to be weather experts now.. I must ask you a question.

If I'm seeing below average temperatures, and the earth is warming, what areas are seeing higher than average? Indeed my lower than average has to be offset somewhere in order to proclaim that warming is taking place despite many areas of the country having lower than normal temperatures.

Care to provide me with a list?

Last edited by pghquest; 01-30-2010 at 09:08 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Obama fails to see that People's feelings for him, are dipping, and very ICY COLD.
The man has no perception.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
For someone who seems obsessed with this one issue, you'd think that you would know the difference between local weather patterns / seasonal norms and overall global temperature.

Seriously. Credibility gone with this post. I thought you knew something about the issue for a while.
Why is it that the fanatical alarmists always point to weather patterns to bolster their claims?

Like this ridiculous claim;

washingtonpost.com

Quote:
Harsh winter a sign of disruptive climate change, report says
How utterly preposterous.

This is just ONE example of using extremes of weather to try and pin it on AGW.

The IPCC 4th Assessment Report is riddled with fantastical claims based on unscientific, non-peer reviewed articles.

They have lost all credibility.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
for the denial people, if its a cold day in chicago-- that is irrefutable proof there is not such thing as global warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies