Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

I the end i have to reall wander about these type studies on IQ. Just how did they get the millions upon millions of IQ testing results. Most people themsleves have no idea their IQ and most have never actaully been tested. he the results are not easily available. IMO this is just more politcally flawed and aimed research ;if that.We are talkig IQ here ;not educwtion which are vastly different things.If we measure people for college by their IQ that would vastly change who goes to college and who does ;I firmly believe.We would see alot of people that have IQ that are working in some successful but ordinary jobs now being tpped to go to college;while masses of others would not make it.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:42 PM

22 posts, read 20,900 times
I find the idea that people will try to discredit their political adversaries by claiming that they have a lesser intelligence quite worrisome. A free society like ours is dependent on a faith in every individual to make their own intelligent decisons and direct their own path. When we start to seriously question someone's intelligence, the logical extension of that is that they are not capable rationalizing for themselves, and consequently don't know what is best for themselves. It is poisonous to a free society.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? — The American, A Magazine of Ideas

No real surprise here. Remember this study doesn't show that all conservatives on average have a lower IQ than liberals, but conservatives that identify themselves as social conservatives AKA Christian Taliban tend to have a much lower IQ than liberals and conservatives that are socially liberal. Explains a lot about some of the post and posters on this board.
We all knew that already. You have to be smart to be a liberal because being a liberal requires that you think things through.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:55 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,878 times
After traveling from the east coast to the west coast, I found myself totally out of sink with the locals, after about a year I finally understood there way of life. So it depends what environment you are use to as to how you feel or act. At first they felt like I had a low IQ because I was not in step socially.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
After traveling from the east coast to the west coast, I found myself totally out of sink with the locals, after about a year I finally understood there way of life. So it depends what environment you are use to as to how you feel or act. At first they felt like I had a low IQ because I was not in step socially.
What were the liberals doing in a sink? Most of us have tubs and showers.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Source: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? — The American, A Magazine of Ideas

No real surprise here. Remember this study doesn't show that all conservatives on average have a lower IQ than liberals, but conservatives that identify themselves as social conservatives AKA Christian Taliban tend to have a much lower IQ than liberals and conservatives that are socially liberal. Explains a lot about some of the post and posters on this board.
If that is true, than judging from most of the two line posts on here most of the people who think they are liberal would prove themselves to be social conservatives by their IQ score. LOL

Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,231 times
I'm afraid you are embarrassingly mistaken. What you call "leftist" is actually authoritarian. Authoritarianism is the polar opposite of libertarianism. There are both left-wing and right-wing authoritarians. A good example would be Hitler and Stalin. They were both authoritarians, though Hitler's fascism is a right-wing ideology, and Stalin's communism is left-wing. So saying that being leftist means being against freedom, etc., is simply wrong. The word is authoritarian. If you wish to avoid humiliating yourself in future posts, then you will use authoritarian in place of leftist.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:07 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
This study makes a lot of sense to me; then again, I already knew the results from personal experience with bible-thumping, gun-clutching hilljack morons.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway29south View Post
I can't believe this thread is even being allowed. Comparing anyone in the U.S. to the Taliban is horrible. What they did to us is beyond words and to even suggest anyone here is like that just because they are Christian or belong to a certain political group is inexcusable.
I don't see anyone locking up threads when everyone is comparing Obama to Hitler, Stalin, etc. for trying to do something with the broken health care system.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:43 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:

It's immaterial at the ballot box. Social conservatives vote as they see fit, the same way everybody else does, and a social conservative's vote carries as much weight as the vote of a liberal elitist.

The study is only one more log thrown on the fire of divisiveness that polarizing this country in ways never before seen in our entire history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies