Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Don't people eventually get tired of these threads?
No, I get tired of people defending these politicians simply because it's the political party they support. It's a disgrace that so many members of the legislature behave this way. I wish certain evening news shows like 20/20 or 60 Minutes would follow these legislatures when they travel overseas to tour America's military bases and visit the troops. What they're actually doing is getting a tax payer paid vacation. They show up on a base or navy ship, pay a visit with the commanding officer, wait till the enlisted people are gathered like at lunch and then show up with a photographer. They grab someone's hand, turn towards the camera for a few photos, and then we never see them again on base. The rest of the time they're visiting local tourist sites with the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 04:28 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Uh-huh. So, what kind of service did Ronald Reagan have on all those trips back and forth to the ranch at Santa Barbara? He used to ride horses out there, I remember. And I remember W had a ranch in where was it again...Waco, I think. No wait, they didn't want to call it Waco, so they used some little no place name for it instead. W didn't ride horses on his ranch of course, because he was so much of a rancher that he didn't know how to. So he cut brush instead. As if that were necessary on a ranch. Sometimes he'd go out and look over the livestoick, too. None of which belonged to him...they were all leased. But I wonder what the food service tabs for W were like on all those trips to down there. Peanuts, I bet...

Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No, I get tired of people defending these politicians simply because it's the political party they support. It's a disgrace that so many members of the legislature behave this way. I wish certain evening news shows like 20/20 or 60 Minutes would follow these legislatures when they travel overseas to tour America's military bases and visit the troops. What they're actually doing is getting a tax payer paid vacation. They show up on a base or navy ship, pay a visit with the commanding officer, wait till the enlisted people are gathered like at lunch and then show up with a photographer. They grab someone's hand, turn towards the camera for a few photos, and then we never see them again on base. The rest of the time they're visiting local tourist sites with the family.
Hooey. Beg a ride sometime. See what it's really like...

Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Maybe this will bother you;

Un-frickin-believable: U.S. Military Serving as Chauffeurs, Babysitters for the Pelosi Kids: Receipts That Will Blow Your Mind

Quote:
What hasn't been revealed so far is that military aircraft are being used to shuttle Pelosi's kids and grandkids between DC and San Francisco without any Congressional representatives even onboard! Put simply, the United States Air Force is serving as a multi-billion dollar chauffeur- and baby-sitting service for Nancy Pelosi's kids and grandkids -- presumably because commercial travel is beneath the families of the autocrats.
Silly me. We can predict it won't.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:33 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
What the heck are you talking about?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
You sound like a public servant with a guilty conscience.
Who are you, Sigmund Freud with a screen name? Seriously, how can you make such a snap judgementd?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:40 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Ok let me explain something to you who complain about Nancy and her expensive trips. She is a democrat and democrats can spend $100,000 on booze and food and flowers for her office and that is ok. Got it? Now, if she were a republican, say like Sarah Palin, and bought some fancy duds for an election year run for office, then this is a bad thing....got it? So, Nancy spends about $2,000 a month on her flowers, big deal. she has been utilizing our air force for her trips with families for a decade now. Calm down.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:44 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Uh-huh. So, what kind of service did Ronald Reagan have on all those trips back and forth to the ranch at Santa Barbara? He used to ride horses out there, I remember. And I remember W had a ranch in where was it again...Waco, I think. No wait, they didn't want to call it Waco, so they used some little no place name for it instead. W didn't ride horses on his ranch of course, because he was so much of a rancher that he didn't know how to. So he cut brush instead. As if that were necessary on a ranch. Sometimes he'd go out and look over the livestoick, too. None of which belonged to him...they were all leased. But I wonder what the food service tabs for W were like on all those trips to down there. Peanuts, I bet...
I can guess Ronnie did not spend $100,000 on booze and food for his friends. Why must you always answer a critic with a "well W did it, or Ronnie did it, or Joe Blow did it? Then I guess we should just ignore all these expense accounts during a depression? Seriously who gives a ****e what W did, we were in far better shape then.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Maybe this will bother you; Silly me. We can predict it won't.
You are indeed often silly, this being one of those occasions, as I've heard nary a peep over the waste inherent in the law's also having applied and in exactly the same terms to Denny Hastert when he was Speaker. What law? The one requested by W after 9/11 and passed by Congress mandating that the Speaker of the House (next in the line of succession to the President after the Vice President) be provided with full security and military travel support. That law covers the Speaker, security staff, aides, and family members travelling to the same airport. Non-federal employees reimburse the government at commercial coach rates. The bottom line is that the law is the law, and the law is really the doing of a bunch of right-wingers. Maybe you should go bark and howl at them instead...

Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I can guess Ronnie did not spend $100,000 on booze and food for his friends. Why must you always answer a critic with a "well W did it, or Ronnie did it, or Joe Blow did it? Then I guess we should just ignore all these expense accounts during a depression? Seriously who gives a ****e what W did, we were in far better shape then.
Ronnie didn't make the decisions. Neither does Obama or Pelosi. The Air Force makes the decisions as to what levels of service will and will not be provided on these flights. Maybe you all should start voting to cut defense spending or something...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies