Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I responded to one of the claims in the post generally in a past post. You ignored my response like you always do. Again, respond to the content of the post. Put up or shut up. You are making yourself look like ignorant.

If you can't discuss the details of the points you bring up, you have no business discussing them in the first place.

so I should do exactly what you have not done when asked to repeatedly correct? Interesting stance and as I said there is no reason to argue with sources that have no credit to begin with..

here is mr watts credentials or lack there of

Anthony Watts - SourceWatch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Translation:

yuze gotz nutin, yuze an ignoratz DENIER! Yuze DENIZ, me smart, hate youze, yuze infoz iz liez, you suk, goz to hellz!

nothing except the issue that they are not even investigating the science please stop you are making yourself look bad

Old 02-04-2010, 03:55 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
whats wrong with watts???? they guy is a blogger weather man who sells the instruments he talk about being bad... Slight conflict of interest
Really? Can you support this with any legitimate information?

Also, how does that invalidate his claims? A fact is a fact, regardless whose mouth it may come from.

How about putting on your adult hat and actually explaining to us how his information is wrong? Surely by your own admission of being so massively informed and intelligent on this issue, you can do accomplish that? Can you not?

We are waiting.

Logical support please. Explain HOW he is wrong. Anything less is you blowing smoke up peoples arse.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
so I should do exactly what you have not done when asked to repeatedly correct? Interesting stance and as I said there is no reason to argue with sources that have no credit to begin with..

here is mr watts credentials or lack there of

Anthony Watts - SourceWatch
Credentials are irrelevant. They do not make something valid or invalid.

Are you uneducated or something? Surely you know that credibility is only important when we are discussing "opinion", not fact. His points are quantifiable. That is, you can measure his claims and show them valid or invalid. So please, explain how he is wrong. Attacking the speaker in an attempt to avoid dealing with the content is a fallacy. You do know what a fallacy is?

I am disappointed in you. Here you are going off about how smart you are and yet you do not even understand the most basic forms of logical argument?

Again, what about his research is "wrong". Is it his testing method? why? Are the stations showing accurate representations of temperture? Or they in proper calibration?

For instance:

www.surfacestations.org

What is wrong here? Are you contesting that these stations are not outside of acceptable CRN ratings? Please explain.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
nothing except the issue that they are not even investigating the science please stop you are making yourself look bad
Actually, most of us here commend each other for having the strength to even lower ourselves to your level to discuss. That is, we see your arguments as the standard uninformed internet mouth piece and one who can not even understand why their positions are invalid.

You know nothing about the science.

Due to your approach and method of debate, it is obvious you do not know what a proper logical argument is.

In short sir, we view your responses as a joke and we keep replying because your attempts to defend your poor position is all that is needed to show anyone who is unfamiliar with the topic just how sad the AGW support is.

Keep posting, you are winning people to the other side without them spending any effort.

Prattle on Mr. Wizard, prove my points some more.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
It's such great theater here.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
It's such great theater here.
And you are the star attraction.

But seriously,

Are you going to enter the discussion anytime or is cheap comments that display arrogance your only ability?

Old 02-04-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Really? Can you support this with any legitimate information?

Also, how does that invalidate his claims? A fact is a fact, regardless whose mouth it may come from.

How about putting on your adult hat and actually explaining to us how his information is wrong? Surely by your own admission of being so massively informed and intelligent on this issue, you can do accomplish that? Can you not?

We are waiting.

Logical support please. Explain HOW he is wrong. Anything less is you blowing smoke up peoples arse.

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/about/response-v2.pdf

so what again makes his info fact??

this might also help you understand him but doubtful. especially since you ignored the source info i already provided

Diagnosing a victim of anti-science syndrome (ASS) « Climate Progress

Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:

Are you uneducated or something? Surely you know that credibility is only important when we are discussing "opinion", not fact. His points are quantifiable. That is, you can measure his claims and show them valid or invalid. So please, explain how he is wrong. Attacking the speaker in an attempt to avoid dealing with the content is a fallacy. You do know what a fallacy is?

I am disappointed in you. Here you are going off about how smart you are and yet you do not even understand the most basic forms of logical argument?

Again, what about his research is "wrong". Is it his testing method? why? Are the stations showing accurate representations of temperture? Or they in proper calibration?

For instance:

www.surfacestations.org

What is wrong here? Are you contesting that these stations are not outside of acceptable CRN ratings? Please explain.

I am not going off about being smart at all. I am pointing out that your sources are nothing but science denying bloggers with no scientific qualifications. I am sorry but I prefer people making huge claims about science to be scientists. Call me strange

Old 02-04-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:

For instance:

www.surfacestations.org

oh yeah still waiting for you to adress that thread I gave you twice now. I imagine i'll continue to wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies