Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Fact Check.Org found the speech to be mostly correct.

Four points they had an issue with.

But in their conclusions they found nothing to be false.

You can believe this partisan tripe or you can take the analysis of an objective organization.

They also found incorrect figures from the GOP response.

Obama’s State of the Union Address | FactCheck.org
If I well remember, Fact Check Org. was founded with the help of Hillary Clinton several years ago. I could be wrong of course, but this organization could very well be a liberal Democrat organization.

Edit: perhaps the site I am referring to is factcheck.com?

Last edited by RayinAK; 02-01-2010 at 08:49 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Fact Check.Org found the speech to be mostly correct.

Four points they had an issue with.

But in their conclusions they found nothing to be false.

You can believe this partisan tripe or you can take the analysis of an objective organization.

They also found incorrect figures from the GOP response.

Obama’s State of the Union Address | FactCheck.org

Fact Check is a left winger hussein obama loving website that doesn't always check all the facts.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
FactCheck was just flat out wrong about Obama's committee's sex ed bill in Illinois, as well.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
If I well remember, Fact Check Org. was founded with the help of Hillary Clinton several years ago. I could be wrong of course, but this organization could very well be a liberal Democrat organization.
You initial hunch was right ....you are wrong.

The founder and President for many years.

Appointed as Ambassador by Ronald Reagan.

Leonore Annenberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Fact Check is a left winger hussein obama loving website that doesn't always check all the facts.
What's it like to live in an alternate universe?

The founder worked to get Ronald Reagan elected.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:01 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You might want to tell the recent voters about the lack of credibility because I'd say the outcome directly disputes your comment.
And it's been proven time and time again the Brown and Christie victories had little to do with Obama.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And it's been proven time and time again the Brown and Christie victories had little to do with Obama.
I havent seen this proof.. Do you want to provide me with some? This is like proclaiming the Congress didnt switch to Democratic in 2007 because of Bush.. we all know thats not true..

Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,979 times
Quote:
What's it like to live in an alternate universe?

The founder worked to get Ronald Reagan elected.
Huh?
Annenberg died in 2002
, Fact Check was founded in 2003.

Last edited by allydriver; 02-01-2010 at 09:15 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
People will buy into because they realize the alternative to Obama is a lot worse. I'm not saying he's a good or bad president but the Republicans have no credibility considering what they did to our country for 8 years.

Let me remind of something.

The obstructionist liberals hurt America during those 8 years. Harry Reid shut down the congress because he did not get something to go his way.

Your liberals have controlled congress for the last 3 years!!!

They were elected on the same change theory as Obama and what did we get? NOTHING.

You really need to stop looking back and start looking forward.

He has total control of the country, a blank check book, and his czars controlling every aspect of our country and yet he has accomplished NOTHING.

Obama has been an utter failure. Add in 3 years of the liberals being failures in controlling congress adds up to the mess we are in TODAY.

Believe me, if you think 8 years was bad, then you had better wake up because the last year and what we have coming is far worse then you can ever imagine.

If we continue down this current road, Obama and his band of misfits will make your 8 years look like the greatest ever.

We are going down quicker under Obama then any time in any President's first year, yet you act like things are so great when they are a total disaster.

People who do not see what Obama has done ( and of course NOT DONE ) to American have to be totally blind.

It is a total shame to see what he is doing and what is up the sleeve of this man.

We can deal with it, because hopefully this country will see the error and correct it as fast as we can.

Your liberals could not even deliver a decent health care reform plan to help Americans without porking the hell out of it with crap.

Simple- The huge majority of Americans do not trust Obama and the liberals. They earned it!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Huh?
Annenberg died in 1982, Fact Check was founded in 2003.
[Poor fellow. Can't read apparently]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies