Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She was a Chief of Protocol until 1982, but didnt die until March 12, 2009..

At least pad got ONE thing right today..
Yep, I stand corrected.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're in denial.

"Dissatisfaction with the direction of the country, antipathy toward federal-government activism and opposition to the Democrats' health-care proposals drove the upset election of Republican senatorial candidate Scott Brown in Massachusetts, according to a post-election survey of state voters.

The poll by The Washington Post, the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard University's School of Public Health underscores how significantly voter anger has turned toward Democrats in Washington and how dramatically the political landscape has shifted during President Obama's first year in office.

...Sixty-three percent of Massachusetts special-election voters say the country is seriously off track, and Brown captured two-thirds of these voters on Tuesday."
washingtonpost.com

Read the entire article. It's a very good analysis on how badly Obama and the Dems have completely botched their voter-given chance at single-party control of the Federal Government.
Yet somehow his approval rate is overwhelmingly high in MA. And check my location. I was saying Corzine was going to lose before Obama endorsed him and I knew it was inevitable.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
GDP has gone up multiple quarters now, the DJIA is up 4000 from a year ago, etc. That's called demand. Then comes jobs. I predict umemployment steadily goes down starting this August every month for years. It's a long process. You can't fix 8 years of blunder in 13 months. The sooner the party of instant gratificatiom recognizes this the sooner we can have intelligent debates.
Actually the GDP has not gone up multiple quarters now..
The 3rd quarter of 2009 had an initial report showing an increase of 2.2% This was later adjusted to show a growth of around 1.5% increase, but the federal government was responsible for more than 1.5% of it, meaning the 3rd quarter of 2009 actually had negative growth..

The 4th quarter, shows around 5.2% growth in GDP, but like the 3rd quarter, this also will be adjusted downward and then need to take out the increased government spending. It indeed will show an actual growth, but we have not had several quarters of growth..

The DJIA up, sorry to burst your bubble but the DJIA is up because the economy is down. Companies are making profits and rather than higher individuals, they are paying out these profits in dividens thereby increasing the DJIA. Increased DJIA is not always positive, especially when you get increased unemployment going on at the same time.

And what 8 years of blundering would that be considering Democrats took over Congress in 2007?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:27 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Yet somehow his approval rate is overwhelmingly high in MA. And check my location. I was saying Corzine was going to lose before Obama endorsed him and I knew it was inevitable.
Hmmm... not high enough for the voters to show up and vote for the candidate Obama endorsed.

You're in denial. But go ahead and ignore the Massachusetts voters poll results... it'll make it that much easier to oust even more Dems in November!

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually the GDP has not gone up multiple quarters now..
The 3rd quarter of 2009 had an initial report showing an increase of 2.2% This was later adjusted to show a growth of around 1.5% increase, but the federal government was responsible for more than 1.5% of it, meaning the 3rd quarter of 2009 actually had negative growth..

The 4th quarter, shows around 5.2% growth in GDP, but like the 3rd quarter, this also will be adjusted downward and then need to take out the increased government spending. It indeed will show an actual growth, but we have not had several quarters of growth..

The DJIA up, sorry to burst your bubble but the DJIA is up because the economy is down. Companies are making profits and rather than higher individuals, they are paying out these profits in dividens thereby increasing the DJIA. Increased DJIA is not always positive, especially when you get increased unemployment going on at the same time.

And what 8 years of blundering would that be considering Democrats took over Congress in 2007?
What? Have you ever studied economics? Employment has always been at its highest when the Dow is high and vice-versa. It just so happens there's generally a 6 month gap in correlation, hence why I predict in the middle of the 3rd quarter, August, employment rates will increase. It's a long process. You'll be eating crow a year from now.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hmmm... not high enough for the voters to show up and vote for the candidate Obama endorsed.

You're in denial. But go ahead and ignore the Massachusetts voters poll results... it'll make it that much easier to oust even more Dems in November!
So you're telling me you know the people of my state better than me? Go and dig up the threads in the Jersey forum. All the Democrats were disappointed he endorsed Corzine. Me and them represent thousands who voted against Corzine and still endorse Obama.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:45 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
So you're telling me you know the people of my state better than me? Go and dig up the threads in the Jersey forum. All the Democrats were disappointed he endorsed Corzine. Me and them represent thousands who voted against Corzine and still endorse Obama.
You're going on anecdotal evidence and posts on a message board? LOL
Read the professionally-conducted poll results. Get a clue.
washingtonpost.com

Old 02-01-2010, 09:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
What? Have you ever studied economics? Employment has always been at its highest when the Dow is high and vice-versa.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are FLAT wrong

the DJIA in 1930 rallied 52% from their 1929 periods during the great depression. Do you really want to discuss the employment numbers during the great depression while the DJIA was rallying?
Quote:
It just so happens there's generally a 6 month gap in correlation, hence why I predict in the middle of the 3rd quarter, August, employment rates will increase. It's a long process. You'll be eating crow a year from now.
I wont be eating crow a year from now. Anyone who has studied economics understand that a NORMAL recession lasts under 12 months. If unemployment numbers go down the middle of the 3rd quarter its due to a NATURAL economic cycle. You do know about those natural cycles right? Given the fact that you were clearly wrong about the DJIA and employment numbers, I have to ask..

Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,131 times
Obama as POTUS is in as far over his head as Keanu Reeves would be if he took the MENSA exam.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama knows he can literally say anything and the slobbering left will suck it up. We have seen him caught in outright lies and they stand by him like blathering sheep.
Saw him tear some repugnant ars correcting their truthfulness. And not (even) one come back. There's a clue there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies