Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:44 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,571,500 times

Advertisements

Gervais also says he’ll be doing a guest stint on the American version of The Office. Not in his future: marriage or kids. “There are too many children,” he opines, particularly those who are poor or unwanted. “What there is, is too many useless people … who shouldn’t have children. Should we impose some kind of limit? “Yes, based on stupid fat faces,” he replies. “If there’s a woman in leggings, eating chips with a *** in her mouth, sterilize her.”

Read more: Ricky Gervais: Stop Having 'Useless' Kids - Comedian's not apologizing for the Globes, or anything else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,501 times
Democrats like Paul Erlich have been saying this kinda stuff for years. They seem to think they have the right to tell people how many kids they can have.

That's why I often think democrats remind me of Chairman Mao.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
a bit harsh but american is slowly ever so slowly going to the reality of the french, kids are a huge liability.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
With the way the welfare system works, kids are a cash cow, that become a tool to earn money, not a person to teach and raise, to the parents. 5 kids is pushing $4000 a month

Sad but true.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 PM

8,040 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Democrats like Paul Erlich have been saying this kinda stuff for years. They seem to think they have the right to tell people how many kids they can have.

That's why I often think democrats remind me of Chairman Mao.
Procreation is not a Constitutional right. I don't believe in dictating how many kids someone can have, but I strongly favor cutting off all forms of government assistance to those who reproduce without having the financial capability to do so. In my opinion, restricting public assistance funds (as well as making public schools private) would be a good form of population control.

Kids are a huge liability to taxpayers who are forced to subsidize everything from health care to public schools ... and it's all because the bleedings hearts claim that "children are our future". To me, that doesn't matter because most children are born as the result of the egg supplier and the sperm donor failing to use protection! The responsibility of the financial support should fall entirely on the "parents" (and I use that term loosely) who brought the children into the world. It shouldn't be society's obligation to pay for the mistakes of others!

This is the position I take on having kids ... and I am probably the furthest thing from a Democrat or the likes of Chairman Mao.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
"Kids are a liability".

And there are approximately 1.6 million abortions in this country every year. IMO we seem have turned into a country that doesn't much like children.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:26 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,381 times
Well the title of that article & this thread is totally incorrect, he never said "useless" kids, he said "useless" people having kids, big difference. And he's right, why do people insist on having so many kids? I just don't get it.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
With the way the welfare system works, kids are a cash cow, that become a tool to earn money, not a person to teach and raise, to the parents. 5 kids is pushing $4000 a month

Sad but true.
You repeat that over and over on the forum yet ignore requests for the link to back up that you get $800 a kid for welfare.

Got that link?

Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM

971 posts, read 1,294,031 times
Wow. A professional comedian said something over the top and intended to offend. Is this really news?

Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,302,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Procreation is not a Constitutional right. I don't believe in dictating how many kids someone can have, but I strongly favor cutting off all forms of government assistance to those who reproduce without having the financial capability to do so. In my opinion, restricting public assistance funds (as well as making public schools private) would be a good form of population control.

Kids are a huge liability to taxpayers who are forced to subsidize everything from health care to public schools ... and it's all because the bleedings hearts claim that "children are our future". To me, that doesn't matter because most children are born as the result of the egg supplier and the sperm donor failing to use protection! The responsibility of the financial support should fall entirely on the "parents" (and I use that term loosely) who brought the children into the world. It shouldn't be society's obligation to pay for the mistakes of others!

This is the position I take on having kids ... and I am probably the furthest thing from a Democrat or the likes of Chairman Mao.
I agree, for the most part, with your comments.

If you can't afford to have children WITHOUT relying on handouts, then please, don't have them.

In the UK, and no doubt here too, there are GENERATIONS of families who have never worked and who live entirely at the tax payers expense - playing "the system" like a fiddle. I fail to see how "rewarding" non-productive members of society to produce more non-productive members of society can in any way be beneficial.

However, I don't agree with making public schools private. The last thing this country needs is a barely/non educated underclass.

The one thing that NO civilised country can afford to do is to remove the basic right to education.

I would also add that access to healthcare is a basic fundamental right in any developed country too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies