Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:02 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times

Advertisements

Is it worth the effort to post this? Maybe, maybe not. But I think the black folks deserve a fair shake in the political arena, don't you? It's interesting to me, as a white man, to listen to comments of everyday citizens, specifically about their misconceptions. Watch it, only take you about 10 minutes total.

PJTV - Off Color: Democrats Misspeak But Republicans Are Racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 02:14 PM

146 posts, read 112,564 times
if Democratic politicians care so much about the poor, then why is there still poverty in districts represented by Democratic Congressmen and Congresswomen? poverty in states represented by Democratic Senators?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
It amazes me how democrats makes these comments and are seen as the hero for minorities. They are the ones that really care about their needs. I dont get this trying to apply to someone based on their skin tone instead of their core values and principles.

Yet republicans dont have to say anything close to that to be called a racist.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:34 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
if Democratic politicians care so much about the poor, then why is there still poverty in districts represented by Democratic Congressmen and Congresswomen? poverty in states represented by Democratic Senators?
What exactly do you think they should do to fix this issue?

Wave their magic wands?

Old 01-31-2010, 02:34 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
Because they want them to remain poor for votes. What do democrats actually do to help them? Do they require they do things to improve their lives to get off the system? Do they encourage them to reach for higher goals? No they coddle them and make excuses for them. They accept that they are poor and thats all they can ever be.

Sometimes some people want people to stay down so they can feel better about themselves. Oh I've gone out and helped the poor? Ask the person that says that what they actually did to help them not be poor. See the answer you get

Old 01-31-2010, 02:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Because they want them to remain poor for votes. What do democrats actually do to help them? Do they require they do things to improve their lives to get off the system? Do they encourage them to reach for higher goals? No they coddle them and make excuses for them. They accept that they are poor and thats all they can ever be.

Sometimes some people want people to stay down so they can feel better about themselves. Oh I've gone out and helped the poor? Ask the person that says that what they actually did to help them not be poor. See the answer you get

As usual jadex, very good points, valid ones at that.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:40 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times
Thanks for the responses. I really mean that. - DP

Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
It amazes me how democrats makes these comments and are seen as the hero for minorities. They are the ones that really care about their needs. I dont get this trying to apply to someone based on their skin tone instead of their core values and principles.

Yet republicans dont have to say anything close to that to be called a racist.

What you said, Exactly my Sentiments.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
The Democrats are the lesser of two evils in all honesty.

Republicans simply could care less if we (minorities) vote for them or not.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:

This has to be the most ignorant, condoscending and ascenine thing you've posted yet. Continue i'm sure you have more.

Whew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies