U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2010, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Charleston Sc and Western NC
9,274 posts, read 24,422,174 times
Reputation: 4703

Advertisements

I can't believe people actually watch The View.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Riverside, CA
2,404 posts, read 3,950,859 times
Reputation: 2274
I think that she gets a fax from the Republican party every morning with talking points. She drives me nuts.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM
 
26,684 posts, read 26,308,436 times
Reputation: 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I think that she gets a fax from the Republican party every morning with talking points. She drives me nuts.
Actually, I think she's admitted that she does receive talking points from Republican strategists every morning.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 05:09 PM
 
Location: MI
1,907 posts, read 1,667,913 times
Reputation: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
yeah and you sit there and nod your head to the other loudmouths on that show. This country is doomed because of people like the OP and yourself.

Anyone who holds those yapping freaks in high enough regard to take their political views into consideration needs to reexamine their lives.

This is why I think anyone who votes needs to pass a basic civics exam.
Please tell us your civics exam score.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
 
1,517 posts, read 2,570,785 times
Reputation: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and the rest of that bunch on that show are smart?

get a grip Joy Bahar is a triple moron.

PS, those in gitmo may not be terrorists, but they all want to kill Americans because we arent their brand of muslim.

LOL
never said that, nor implied it. stick to topic.

p.s. unsubstantiated hyperbole that is fed from the same stupidity that got them there in the 1st place; though greed mostly as the majority of them were picked up by rivaling warlords or entrepreneurial types trying to turn a buck by turning in their neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
If they are innocent, why then is the Obama administration planning to hold many of them indefinitely without charging them (continuing the same policy that Bush held)?
Good question. Not sure what to do with 'em? Political fallout/fallback? Host countries don't wan't em? Many may have not been terrorists going in, Gov't worries they will be when they leave. Still OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well then, give 0bama more drones and missiles, so he can blow the guilty terrorists to little bits and pieces in the villages of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

To think that Bush and Co. were just picking up random, innocent cab drivers and BBQ chicken stand vendors, and sending them off to Git-Mo to take up bunk space.
Waste of dollars, imo. Let 'em do what they will; they make more money and rally more support my our presence there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
gitmo terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is likely to be executed after being tried and convicted, Obama White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says.


so YOU say they areunlawful incarceration...yet the POTUS Obama says they will fry.....who do I believe...hmmm a city-data poster, or the president....hmm
Good thing it's not an either/or. I never said 'they' as in all. I said 'majority'. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed deserves to fry

So how is that contrary to anything I wrote or facts I've cited. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Obama, Gibbs, and a city-data poster would tell you that... I would imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
exactly! Says alot about the op if they hold those yapping yentas in high regard.
Ironically says more about you to make such a nonsensical inference

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
This country is doomed because of people like the OP and yourself.
nonsensical inference #59. Welcome to the club, and good luck on your test... hopefully no reading comprehension involved there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Source
provided see link in my 1st post. I copied transcripts of original npr interviews w/ lawyers down there, military officials, and others involved. None of it is actually in dispute by an organization, so kinda silly to attack the numbers but feel free to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yeah, if we closed Gitmo, the flood of terrorists would cease. They can live with the missiles from the drones dropping into their villages, but Gitmo makes us look mean. Appearance versus substance.
Beside the point of the thread, but terrorism will never cease. And overthrowing countries to the tune of billions of dollars to find a couple dozen people in a cave will never be the smart choice, and will ultimately bankrupt the U.S. if continued.



AFA the View; agreed, none of 'em make for quality political discourse. But Elizabeth is the most self righteous (and IMO, the most ignorant) on these matters.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
 
2,173 posts, read 2,627,747 times
Reputation: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Does anyone cringe when Elizabeth Hasslebeck talks politics? Yap, yap, yap - dumb. I'm watching her on the corner of my workstation & she's going ballistic right now! Apparently, she (& many others) are under the impression that ALL Get-Mo detainees are 'terrorists', but the fact of the matter is that the majority of these people (700+ not even charged or released under Bush) were innocent & if anything we've grown terrorists by unlawful incarceration for YEARS. Those that are being charged have some of the most frivolous charges after years of unlawful incarceration that trying them in a Military Tribunal would be insult to injury. I posted about this in vivid detail before from the folks on the ground at Get-Mo!

See:
//www.city-data.com/forum/4146286-post37.html


Why do these ignorant pundits feed the stupidity so much? Why would they talk about something they know nothing about and just feed off blind emotions?

You make a statement like that and dare to call anyone dumb? You get the Moonbat of the week award!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
 
1,517 posts, read 2,570,785 times
Reputation: 336
what's factually incorrect or moonbat about that statement?

Last edited by tekka-maki; 02-05-2010 at 01:17 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
 
19,215 posts, read 13,825,618 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
gitmo terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is likely to be executed after being tried and convicted, Obama White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says.

so YOU say they areunlawful incarceration...yet the POTUS Obama says they will fry.....who do I believe...hmmm a city-data poster, or the president....hmm
SEVERE LOSS OF INTEGRITY

First, science - and now law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTGLpqFGyYM
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2010, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,813 posts, read 91,527,601 times
Reputation: 48823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and the rest of that bunch on that show are smart?

get a grip Joy Bahar is a triple moron.

PS, those in gitmo may not be terrorists, but they all want to kill Americans because we arent their brand of muslim.

LOL
thank you, I can't add another thing to your comment except to say, what you have said about those on the show period...

Why is it all libs think, there are no dumb asses on their side, only the right side and that just because a person doesn't word something or say something exactly the way they should they are morans..

Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2010, 02:32 PM
 
10,720 posts, read 18,460,349 times
Reputation: 9978
The View would lose ratings if Elizabeth was not on the show. She is eye candy. And it's even better when eye-candy has an attitude. I don't think she is very knowledgeable but I certainly don't think she is any less knowledgeable than Whoopi Goldberg or Joy Behar. Barbara Walters is the only one on that show that seems to have any clue what is going on.

She is often ganged up upon because she is the only conservative. And I think most of the time she makes valid points but her tone and approach is so offensive that you end up wanting to disagree with her. When she gets ganged up upon, she gets defensive and can be very aggressive in attacking. Sure, you could argue, she has a right to do that if she is being picked on. And I agree that she does have that right. At the same time, it doesn't serve her well because in her angry retorts, she just comes accross as being vindictive and mean. She doesn't know how to be graceful in these situations.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top