U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
 
1,517 posts, read 2,570,592 times
Reputation: 336

Advertisements

Does anyone cringe when Elizabeth Hasslebeck talks politics? Yap, yap, yap - dumb. I'm watching her on the corner of my workstation & she's going ballistic right now! Apparently, she (& many others) are under the impression that ALL Get-Mo detainees are 'terrorists', but the fact of the matter is that the majority of these people (700+ not even charged or released under Bush) were innocent & if anything we've grown terrorists by unlawful incarceration for YEARS. Those that are being charged have some of the most frivolous charges after years of unlawful incarceration that trying them in a Military Tribunal would be insult to injury. I posted about this in vivid detail before from the folks on the ground at Get-Mo!

See:
//www.city-data.com/forum/4146286-post37.html


Why do these ignorant pundits feed the stupidity so much? Why would they talk about something they know nothing about and just feed off blind emotions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:27 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,478 posts, read 54,276,053 times
Reputation: 24735
As the man said, "FEAR IS THE MIND KILLER." These people prove it every day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM
 
Location: MI
1,907 posts, read 1,667,745 times
Reputation: 467
She makes me want to tell her to SHUT UP.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
 
18,529 posts, read 10,315,939 times
Reputation: 8358
and the rest of that bunch on that show are smart?

get a grip Joy Bahar is a triple moron.

PS, those in gitmo may not be terrorists, but they all want to kill Americans because we arent their brand of muslim.

LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Land of debt and Corruption
7,544 posts, read 7,616,072 times
Reputation: 2878
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Does anyone cringe when Elizabeth Hasslebeck talks politics? Yap, yap, yap - dumb. I'm watching her on the corner of my workstation & she's going ballistic right now! Apparently, she (& many others) are under the impression that ALL Get-Mo detainees are 'terrorists', but the fact of the matter is that the majority of these people (700+ not even charged or released under Bush) were innocent & if anything we've grown terrorists by unlawful incarceration for YEARS. Those that are being charged have some of the most frivolous charges after years of unlawful incarceration that trying them in a Military Tribunal would be insult to injury. I posted about this in vivid detail before from the folks on the ground at Get-Mo!

See:
//www.city-data.com/forum/4146286-post37.html


Why do these ignorant pundits feed the stupidity so much? Why would they talk about something they know nothing about and just feed off blind emotions?
If they are innocent, why then is the Obama administration planning to hold many of them indefinitely without charging them (continuing the same policy that Bush held)?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
25,103 posts, read 15,572,668 times
Reputation: 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Does anyone cringe when Elizabeth Hasslebeck talks politics? Yap, yap, yap - dumb. I'm watching her on the corner of my workstation & she's going ballistic right now! Apparently, she (& many others) are under the impression that ALL Get-Mo detainees are 'terrorists', but the fact of the matter is that the majority of these people (700+ not even charged or released under Bush) were innocent & if anything we've grown terrorists by unlawful incarceration for YEARS. Those that are being charged have some of the most frivolous charges after years of unlawful incarceration that trying them in a Military Tribunal would be insult to injury. I posted about this in vivid detail before from the folks on the ground at Get-Mo!

See:
//www.city-data.com/forum/4146286-post37.html


Why do these ignorant pundits feed the stupidity so much? Why would they talk about something they know nothing about and just feed off blind emotions?
Well then, give 0bama more drones and missiles, so he can blow the guilty terrorists to little bits and pieces in the villages of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

To think that Bush and Co. were just picking up random, innocent cab drivers and BBQ chicken stand vendors, and sending them off to Git-Mo to take up bunk space.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:37 AM
 
Location: Long Island
27,977 posts, read 15,775,174 times
Reputation: 7676
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Does anyone cringe when Elizabeth Hasslebeck talks politics? Yap, yap, yap - dumb. I'm watching her on the corner of my workstation & she's going ballistic right now! Apparently, she (& many others) are under the impression that ALL Get-Mo detainees are 'terrorists', but the fact of the matter is that the majority of these people (700+ not even charged or released under Bush) were innocent & if anything we've grown terrorists by unlawful incarceration for YEARS. Those that are being charged have some of the most frivolous charges after years of unlawful incarceration that trying them in a Military Tribunal would be insult to injury. I posted about this in vivid detail before from the folks on the ground at Get-Mo!

See:
//www.city-data.com/forum/4146286-post37.html


Why do these ignorant pundits feed the stupidity so much? Why would they talk about something they know nothing about and just feed off blind emotions?

gitmo terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is likely to be executed after being tried and convicted, Obama White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says.


so YOU say they areunlawful incarceration...yet the POTUS Obama says they will fry.....who do I believe...hmmm a city-data poster, or the president....hmm
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Wisconsin
25,103 posts, read 15,572,668 times
Reputation: 7287
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
gitmo terrorist Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is likely to be executed after being tried and convicted, Obama White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says.


so YOU say they areunlawful incarceration...yet the POTUS Obama says they will fry.....who do I believe...hmmm a city-data poster, or the president....hmm
KSM is guilty cuz 0bama and Gibbs said so, but the rest of the inmates are BBQ chicken vendors and people who were caught up in one of those BushCo dragnets, there are no terrorists in Gitmo.....errrr......well....... maybe a few are, since they are Muslims, and odds are with that many Muslims, a few have got to be terrorists.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,564,976 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and the rest of that bunch on that show are smart?

get a grip Joy Bahar is a triple moron.

PS, those in gitmo may not be terrorists, but they all want to kill Americans because we arent their brand of muslim.

LOL
exactly! Says alot about the op if they hold those yapping yentas in high regard.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,564,976 times
Reputation: 1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
She makes me want to tell her to SHUT UP.
yeah and you sit there and nod your head to the other loudmouths on that show. This country is doomed because of people like the OP and yourself.

Anyone who holds those yapping freaks in high enough regard to take their political views into consideration needs to reexamine their lives.

This is why I think anyone who votes needs to pass a basic civics exam.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top