Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Glenn Beck is a liar but as usual his blind followers support him. I don't expect much from group of frothing at the mouth hate mongers who cheat in online polls to make it appear that they have more people on their team.
Yes Beck is this big liar. We must ignore the video clips he uses of Obama or other peoples own words or him pointing out the sources for what he says.

Maybe you should watch the show and see that he actually points out the source for the things hes talking about he even uses video of Obamas own words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 05:22 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is she the same Huffington that owns the Huffington Post?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsf86QSwhYc

And you liberals call Palin stupid.. ooooh the humor!!!
pghquest ! ... Amazing Stuff.

It's absolutely incredible how quickly old Glenn Beck exposed this persons unfortunate lack of smarts !!! Aren't these the folks whom claim to be the so called "Intellectuals" ? If this is the case this nation is truly in for it ! Thanks / Lamar

Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes Beck is this big liar. We must ignore the video clips he uses of Obama or other peoples own words or him pointing out the sources for what he says.

Maybe you should watch the show and see that he actually points out the source for the things hes talking about he even uses video of Obamas own words.
jadex ! ...

Sounds like someones experiencing a major meltdown caused by that mean old Glenn Beck ! Keep up the good work Glenn !

The HO "Automatons" are severely "All Shook Up" are they not ?

Thanks / Lamar

Old 02-03-2010, 09:10 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

I've seen the show and he's still a liar. He uses sound bites and takes things out of context and tells straight up lies.

Here we go again.

"RHETORIC: BECK SAID VANCOUVER LOST $1 BILLION WHEN IT "HAD THE OLYMPICS." Glenn Beck said, "Vancouver lost, how much was it? they lost a billion dollars when they had the Olympics." [Transcript, Glenn Beck Show, 9/29/09]
REALITY: VANCOUVER'S OLYMPICS WILL NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL 2010. Vancouver will host the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Games from February 12 – 28, 2010 and March 12-21, 2010, respectively. [Vancouver2010.com, accessed 9/29/09]

RHETORIC: VALERIE JARRETT "WAS LAST SEEN WITH THE NEA." Beck's guest, FOX News contributor Pat Caddell, said, "[Obama] is going to go [to Copenhagen] with Valerie Jarrett who was last seen with the NEA pumping up their use of, you know, money." [Transcript, Glenn Beck Show, 9/29/09]
REALITY: VALERIE JARRETT WAS NOT ON THE NEA CONFERENCE CALL. Valerie Jarrett was not a participant in the August 10, 2009 United We Serve/NEA conference call.

RHETORIC: CHICAGO IS CLOSING THE GOVERNMENT SEVERAL DAYS A WEEK BECAUSE THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO BE OPEN. Beck's guest Caddell said, "Chicago is closing the government several days a week because they cannot afford to be open. They are going to go and reward -- this is the biggest scandal." [Transcript, Glenn Beck Show, 9/29/09]

REALITY: CHICAGO HAS HAD ONE REDUCED-SERVICE DAY IN 2009, AND WILL HAVE TWO MORE ON THE FRIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING AND ON CHRISTMAS EVE. On August 17, 2009, CBS Chicago reported, "If you planned to check out a library book, visit a city clinic or have your garbage picked up on Monday, you're out of luck. The City of Chicago is basically closed for business on Aug. 17, a reduced-service day in which most city employees are off without pay. City Hall, public libraries, health clinics and most city offices will be closed. Emergency service providers including police, firefighters and paramedics are working at full strength, but most services not directly related to public safety, including street sweeping, will not be provided. That also includes garbage pickup. Residents who receive regular collection on Mondays should expect trash to be picked up on Tuesday. Some other customers may experience a one-day delay as collectors catch up. As part of the 2009 budget, three reduced-service days were planned for 2009, days which are unpaid for all affected employees -- the Friday after Thanksgiving; Christmas Eve; and New Year's Eve. The City Council recently approved moving the reduced-service day planned for New Year's Eve to Monday. The 2009 budget anticipates saving $8.3 million due to the reduced-service days. In addition to reduced service days, all non-union employees were asked to take a series of furlough days and unpaid holidays, and most non-sworn union employees agreed to similar unpaid time off." [CBS Chicago, 8/17/09]
RHETORIC: VALERIE JARRETT WILL BENEFIT FINANCIALLY. Beck asked, "Is it possible that she is going to benefit if the Olympics come to Chicago?" Caddell responded, "Well, that’s the word. She has certainly had a lot of dealings going on in real estate." [Transcript, Glenn Beck Show, 9/29/09]
REALITY: UPON ENTERING GOVERNMENT, VALERIE JARRETT DIVESTED ALL HER REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT HOLDINGS EXCEPT FOR A SINGLE INVESTMENT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLYMPIC BID. Valerie Jarrett divested all her investment real estate holdings upon entering government except for a single real estate holding that she was unable to sell. This single real estate investment has been determined by White House Counsel and the independent Office of Government Ethics to present no conflict of interest in performing her duties as a White House advisor. It has nothing to do with the Olympic bid."

Reality Check: Turning a Point of Pride into a Moment of Shame | The White House

This is only a small sample of his lies.

My response to another blind Glenn Beck follower:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I can prove that Glenn Beck is a liar and quite frankly, I'm tired of discussing his hateful *****. I have discussed his lies and provided links proving that he lies //www.city-data.com/forum/12724871-post64.html. It really wouldn't matter because to his blind followers, he can do no wrong. Again, I am talking to people who create multiple accounts online just so they can cheat in online polls to make themselves look like they are winnng at something. It is not about love of country for Glenn Beck sheep, it is about seeing Obama fail just to prove that you're right.

Glenn Beck thrives on the ignorance, fear, and hatred of his viewers. There is nothing patriotic about wanting the president to fail just to prove that you're right. Now, what can you prove that Glenn Beck is right about? I suppose he was telling the truth when he said that Obama has a "deep-seated hatred of white people" or when he made up numbers for the Tea Party rally and sited the University that he couldn't remember the name of. I suppose you can also prove that communism is a threat in the United States. I am not doubtful that you can prove it, I am positive that you can't.
//www.city-data.com/forum/12746576-post30.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I nominate THIS, as post of the day. Just reading this whole thread has still proven my point that Glenn Beck and his followers resemble nothing short of a hateful, fearful cult, where all other info is mistrusted. "Tune in to Beck!" "What he says is so important!" "He alone has the truth!" "Everyone else lies!" "The president is evil!" It's very disconcerting. Does anyone else notice this?

I'll think for myself thank you.
//www.city-data.com/forum/12746869-post32.html

I totally agree with this one. As you can see, this is really getting redundant. Too many Glenn Beck threads and he's still a liar.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Is Ariana running for political office, or does she have presidential aspirations? No? Then she can be as stupid as she wants to be. I prefer my presidential candidates, on the other hand, to be well-versed on the issues and appreciate the complexity of the problems we face. It's a shame, really, because I actually was interested in McCain until he chose Palin to be his running mate.

BO and the Democrats in Congress spent $788 billion because they seemingly didn't know the New Deal never reduced unemployment. That we accept this level of ignorance in our elected officials is an irresponsible and dangerous way to run a country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies