Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times

Advertisements

for those defending obama and the bailouts, just think about that 100 million that AIG is going to be handing out this week, to REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR on the backs of american workers and savers. obama is clearly facilitating this looting.

for those of you who would defend the bailouts, what has been fixed in this country????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You won't see a Democratic President, who can talk well, before a group of Republicans like that again. At least not for a long time. Not only did it hurt them publicly, its also helped to start turning around the Presidents poll numbers.

They can't afford to do that again.
Turning around his poll numbers? According to what poll? Where's that kool-aid?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:26 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
for those defending obama and the bailouts, just think about that 100 million that AIG is going to be handing out this week, to REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR on the backs of american workers and savers. obama is clearly facilitating this looting.

for those of you who would defend the bailouts, what has been fixed in this country????
When did this culture on wall street demanding such bonuses for top performers begin? This is right up there with Al Gore invented the internet. People were freaking out the banks are getting nationalized... no they weren't, and these bonuses are evidence that the same business culture in in full force on wall street the way it's been for a ridiculously long time.

What shall we do floridasandy, petition the law to regulate wall street? That's getting worked on with volcker rules proposition, and it's adamantly being fought by special interests. Perhaps we the people need to get these fleas off his back and let the man work?

Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
When did this culture on wall street demanding such bonuses for top performers begin? This is right up there with Al Gore invented the internet. People were freaking out the banks are getting nationalized... no they weren't, and these bonuses are evidence that the same business culture in in full force on wall street the way it's been for a ridiculously long time.

What shall we do floridasandy, petition the law to regulate wall street? That's getting worked on with volcker rules proposition, and it's adamantly being fought by special interests. Perhaps we the people need to get these fleas off his back and let the man work?
i think that this "man" has done enough damage to all of us. if you don't see the damage that the bailouts did to our currency, i can't help you. the bailouts DEGRADED the value of our currency that we need to use to live.

if you want to ignore all the bonuses that they are getting and all the massive profit taking they are doing on the backs of american workers, feel free, but i can't do it. i don't know who is going to win the next election, but it can't possibly be worse than bush or obama. the fact that obama appointed wall street tax cheats to the highest offices in the country is not lost on me.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Turning around his poll numbers? According to what poll? Where's that kool-aid?
His approval rating went up to above 50% this week.

We went back to the ABC-Washington Post poll and found that Brazile is technically correct: Obama's approval rating has increased three percentage points from 50 percent in December 2009. That was his lowest job approval rating to date, according to the same poll.

PolitiFact | Brazile claims Obama's job approval rate is going up

Yeah, his numbers are going up.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama lied through the whole thing. He tried to tell them that he is not responsible for the position we are in (again). One only needs to look at the debt today compared to the end of '08, the unemployment, etc, and nothing is improving, but only getting worse.

Everything the man does is making things worse. He's not responsible? Then who is? He's the President. They are his policies that are doing this.

Which Party is completely lost? I'd say it is the Democrat Party. Actually, they don't even have a Party anymore. They have allowed themselves to be taken over by the hard left Progressives.
You seem to be completely missing the massive shift Obama's orchestrated since Brown got elected to turn the tide back. It's been pretty impressive to watch.

Also - not sure if you were alive way back in 2008 but the economy collapsed long before Obama took control. You can lie all you want about that fact to purge your ideology of its failures, but I'm going to call you on it every time I see it.

Obama inherited the mess that, no matter who got elected, would have had 10%+ unemployment throughout 2009. They predicted a double-dip recession in the fall of 09, which never happened because Obama was able to get his people to prevent it and get the recovery moving.

I know you can't stand seeing the other side succeed, but don't call him a liar for simply doing his job.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:48 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
His approval rating went up to above 50% this week.

We went back to the ABC-Washington Post poll and found that Brazile is technically correct: Obama's approval rating has increased three percentage points from 50 percent in December 2009. That was his lowest job approval rating to date, according to the same poll.

PolitiFact | Brazile claims Obama's job approval rate is going up

Yeah, his numbers are going up.
It's about time that Obama kick some GOP a*s. Putting out the proverbial olive branch to the GOP as a peace gesture gets you nothing more than getting your hand bitten off by rabid dogs. The GOP doesn't understand the meaning of "play nice"; they are about lies, intimidation, bullying, etc. They must have been wonderful classmates at school.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
i think that this "man" has done enough damage to all of us. if you don't see the damage that the bailouts did to our currency, i can't help you. the bailouts DEGRADED the value of our currency that we need to use to live.

if you want to ignore all the bonuses that they are getting and all the massive profit taking they are doing on the backs of american workers, feel free, but i can't do it. i don't know who is going to win the next election, but it can't possibly be worse than bush or obama. the fact that obama appointed wall street tax cheats to the highest offices in the country is not lost on me.
What damage? American currency is rising again. Inflation rates have remained low.

You all seem to confuse a temporary period of unrest as some permanent reflection on our currency / policy.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:

I saw no alternative plan than bailouts. Both sides and all economists on record were unanimous. I consider that every dime of these bailouts was spent years ago when the funny money was created in the form of credit default swaps. Call that the exotic credit card used for a decade that cost us 5 decades. These giants too big to fail would have put padlocks on every industry in America because money would have seized up entirely. The cascading effects would mean every dime of foreign debt we carried would have been called in like a run on the bank of the great depression. We still risk losing the US$ as benchmark currency of the world.

Do I agree with these bonuses? HELL NO! Does wall street need come upance? HELL YEAH! How do you propose to do this if privatized banks control our currency & economy to the extent that they do? If you shoot the beast you shoot what's in it's belly (YOUR PENSION). Should we nationalize banks? How do you think we should fix this god awful mess? Because when all the kings horses and all the kings men are concluding the same, that leads me to believe we have very few options available to ourselves. I suggest you spend your money on durable goods you know you'll be needing in the next few years if you're really that concerned about inflation destroying what you have on hand.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Yeah, that Q&A was utterly humiliating for the GOP. They had to end it. It was a Man essentially scolding children, but with a smile on his face.

I actually have empathy for some conservative principles, but man, that party is completely lost. Not a single Republican anywhere in Congress that is even in the same intellectual vicinity as Obama.

It's tough out there for an adult, serious conservative, one imagines.
That's not really true. There were some extremely intelligent people at that House GOP convention with some important ideas to keep relevant. I think that fact makes Obama's domination all the more impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies