Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol, nice try. They had three talking heads waiting to speak, which Fix did not. The talking heads went on to talk about what you say MSNBC cut the speech off for in the first place: "the content of the speech is producing politics."
Oh so theres a difference on when its acceptable to cut off Obama. Long as you have a talking head waiting to take his place lol

Nice attempt at spin there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:07 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
OMG I could have sworn I seen parts of it on fox news later on.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:31 AM

13 posts, read 14,724 times
Foxnoise is not a news agency any more than provda was. It is the propaganda arm of the far right. They had Roger ailes who works suposidly as a reporter for fox do a republican fund raiser. This is a direct conflict of interest but clusterfox is no novice to this.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,131,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
"refused to air it," what? They had three people waiting to speak; Fix did not.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,131,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh so theres a difference on when its acceptable to cut off Obama. Long as you have a talking head waiting to take his place lol

Nice attempt at spin there
They kept running the speech for about another minute, then when there was a clean moment to cut they did. He had moved on to another topic when they cut. They didnt leap to censor in the way Fix did -- and in fact the talking heads brought up the same "forbidden" topic of Obama's, basically "the echo chamber."

Sorry, two different situations.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:06 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,321,374 times
Haven't read through all the replies in this post but just wanted to say that I was watching the Fox broadcast Obama Q&A. Fox cut out during Obama's response to the very last question.

I really don't get what the hype is all about. The man is on tv more than any other president in history. We get sick of hearing his incessant lies.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,288,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You seem to be completely missing the massive shift Obama's orchestrated since Brown got elected to turn the tide back. It's been pretty impressive to watch.
"Massive shift"? To what? What shift! OMG, I thought I'd die laughing when I read that! He hasn't "shifted" an inch on anything. Pray tell, to what do you refer?

Quote:
Also - not sure if you were alive way back in 2008 but the economy collapsed long before Obama took control. You can lie all you want about that fact to purge your ideology of its failures, but I'm going to call you on it every time I see it.
Not sure if you were alive back in the Carter years, or later during the Clinton administration, but the major problems (the banks, and mortgages) was primarily caused by the CRA, a little piece of legislation that forced banks to make "risky" loans. Loans that they would not otherwise have made, but under threat of losing their FDIC insurance (thank you Barney Frank and others) they were told to make the loans. Clinton then expanded the program. The thinking, of course, was that home ownership was a "Constitutional right". Yeah. Sure.

Actually, I was alive in 2008 (at 65 years of age). I'm self empoloyed (for 16 years now). And I can tell you, and I have other self employed friends that will agree, that after Obama was elected in Nov, that is when the real nose dive took place. I had no work from after the election until March, 2009. Then I got one job, from another self employed man that I had done a bathroom remodel for the year prior. He told me his business had also died, totally, right after the election. No one was doing anything. Why? People were scared that Obama was going to make good on his promises of higer taxes, higher energy bills, ("Under my plan, electric rates will necessarily skyrocket"). Business began to downsize almost immediately. Don't tell me that this was due to Bush! People aren't that dumb! Obama told us what he was going to do, and they believed him. Obama himself has caused this problem. No one else. Not Bush. Obama.

Quote:
Obama inherited the mess that, no matter who got elected, would have had 10%+ unemployment throughout 2009. They predicted a double-dip recession in the fall of 09, which never happened because Obama was able to get his people to prevent it and get the recovery moving.
Obama inherited a mess that was primarily created by Democrats (as noted above). What Obama did was to make everything 100 times worse, with the out of control spending insanity. Tax cuts (capital gains, etc.) would have been the wise choice, as well as fixing what caused the problem in the first place (Corruption at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the CRA, etc. etc.) But, no. They could not admit that they were responsible. Those are their friends, afterall. Franklin Raines did no wrong. He did a fine job! Sure.
Quote:

I know you can't stand seeing the other side succeed, but don't call him a liar for simply doing his job.
Succeed? Succeed? What has he succeeded at? Except destroying the economy! He lies every time he opens his mouth! He has succeeded at nothing, except to make things worse, which is by design. Ever read about Cloward and Piven?

"If you like your current healt care, you can keep it. If you like your doctor, you can keep him", while he tell SEIU, "I have always favored a single payor system; but, we won't get their right away".

Wake up! You're being lied to. And you are buying it, hook, line, and sinker!

Finally, tell me one thing, just one, that Obama has not lied about. Bet you can't think of anything. Can you tell me of something good that he has done? No? Didn't think so.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 02-04-2010 at 05:56 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Well I did see that directly on youtube, and dayum you're right. The whining of GOP was unbearable. My rep Capito- playing her softball position on cap and trade for constituent entertainment knowing she took her hubby on freebie global warming summit. What is there to say? I voted for her last election. The other candidate was far worse. Vote for a rock or vote for a hard place. None of the above really needs to be on ballot in all states.
Actually, Obama made an absoluet fool of himself, and everybody knows it. The man certainly knows how to lie.

It was laughable, but also frightening. Hitler was also a good liar.

This man is totally out of control. So arrogant. So smug. He needs to go. And soon.

The man should be removed from office bodily. I think he is insane.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:45 PM

Quote:
That's not really true. There were some extremely intelligent people at that House GOP convention with some important ideas to keep relevant. I think that fact makes Obama's domination all the more impressive.
You would think this idiot is "impressive". You would have followed Jim Jones (if you were alive in those days).

Do you like that Kool-Aide? You must. You're high on it.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,746,901 times
Priceless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies