Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Remember when obama said this in the SOTU address?

Another load of BS from this man. Is he not aware things like this can be checked, or does he believe the press won't call him on the lie?

Obama makes a mockery of his own lobbyist ban | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Obama-makes-a-mockery-of-his-own-lobbyist-ban-83385832.html - broken link)

Former lobbyists in senior Obama administration positions | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Former-lobbyists-in-senior-Obama-administration-positions-83362902.html - broken link)

The man is truly shameless in his rhetoric and lies.
0bama, and his 0-bots simply do not get it, when he makes pledges and even signs an executive order which says lobbyists "will not work in my White House,"and he is going back on that pledge and executive order by hiring 40 of them. there is no nuance to it.

When he says he will "ban all earmarks" and then signs bills with almost 20,000 of them, or states he will veto the Defense Bill if it contains earmarks in it, and then signs it with earmarks any way.... what can you say beyond "this guys lies" or "he does not stand for what he believes in"??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 PM

871 posts, read 3,017,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Remember when obama said this in the SOTU address?

Another load of BS from this man. Is he not aware things like this can be checked, or does he believe the press won't call him on the lie?

Obama makes a mockery of his own lobbyist ban | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Obama-makes-a-mockery-of-his-own-lobbyist-ban-83385832.html - broken link)

Former lobbyists in senior Obama administration positions | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Former-lobbyists-in-senior-Obama-administration-positions-83362902.html - broken link)

The man is truly shameless in his rhetoric and lies.

Thank you for your service to our country. I am glad we have you on this case.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and I've won. I don't take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they won't find a job in my White House.

Organizing for America | BarackObama.com

I believe I am reading from Obamas own web site him saying lobbyist wont find a job in his white house. So lets not pretend he didnt say that or that he some how meant something else.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Ethics | The White House

The order in question is on the web page. I would cut and paste it in full (NO MODERATOR!!! NO!!! I'LL BE GOOD!!) but I would probably get a nasty-gram.

Ethics Commitments By Executive Branch Personnel

Old 02-03-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
He didn't promise there would be no lobbyists, just as he didn't promise there would be no earmarks, didn't promise there would be no no-bid contracts, and didn't promise that unemployment wouldn't go above 8% if the stimulus bill were passed. These are all claims manufactured over at the right-wing disinformation media's promise-extruding facility. There, you take something that someone actually did say, then you blow and stretch it out of any recognizable proportion, claim that this newly minted version is what actually applies, and proudly announce that lo and behold, you've discovered some violation of it, trivial as even that may be. It's all downright laughable in the most pathetic sense of that word...
Nothing the man says matters to you, we get it.

In January '09 he did say: "We will ban all earmarks" and yet he signed thousands of earmarks into law. What part of that is spin?

In January '09 he did say: "If you are a lobbyist entering my administration, you will not be able to work on matters you lobbied on or in the agencies you lobbied during the previous 2 years., even signing an executive order to the effect, and yet he did appoint active lobbyists to his administration to work in the exact fields they had been lobbyists for. Once again, where is the spin?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Not sure if the Examiner reporter read this first, or ever.

How We Have "Already Changed" Washington | The White House

Old 02-03-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Not sure if the Examiner reporter read this first, or ever.

How We Have "Already Changed" Washington | The White House
And yet the Apollo Aliance took part in crafting and promoting the stimulus bill, and Van jones who worked at the Apollo Alliance and other environmental agencies was assigned as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, by 0bama.

And Andy Stern the president of SEIU helped write the health care bill, sorry, but lobbyists are alive an well writing legislation and being appointed in 0bama's admin. 0bama breaks his word and his executive orders without pause or reflection.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And yet the Apollo Aliance took part in crafting and promoting the stimulus bill, and Van jones who worked at the Apollo Alliance and other environmental agencies was assigned as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, by 0bama.

And Andy Stern the president of SEIU helped write the health care bill, sorry, but lobbyists are alive an well writing legislation and being appointed in 0bama's admin. 0bama breaks his word and his executive orders without pause or reflection.
Could you give a link to something that says Andy Stern helped write the health care bill?

And Van Jones wasnt a lobbyist.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Could you give a link to something that says Andy Stern helped write the health care bill?

And Van Jones wasnt a lobbyist.
I really wish I could provide that info about Sterns.... but damn it, all the health care meeting were closed door and secret, and no C-SPAN cameras either. So I can pretty much claim he did.

As to Jones, all he did was lobby for green jobs, that was his job, and its why 0bama hired him.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I like that. I can't say that I know what it means, but I like it. I'm going to use that sometime and see what happens...

I'll be looking to see where you use it! and tell me what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies