Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2007, 08:10 AM

203 posts, read 162,841 times

Advertisements

As the 9-11 plot took years to plan, that would mean that it happened under the Clinton administration. What was Bill doing at the time, that stopped him from knowing what was happening in his own country. Oh ya, that's right....but I don't want to talk about Monica now.

Boy, I wish Bill was more focused at the time, so President Bush never would have had to deal with his mess.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:34 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Is there any indication that the Bush administration took the anti-terrorism work that the Clinton administration did do seriously? And this was not exactly an insignificant amount of work either. Incoming Bush people were directly told that terrorism would be the number one problem on their watch, and the whole nine yards of it got back-burnered. In your simplistic and partisan attempt to place blame for all bad things on Bill Clinton, you posit a theory under which if only Clinton had been "more focused", then all those sharp knives in the Bushie drawer would have realized that terrorism was a real problem. Well, the sharp knives had more than enough to be convincing as it was, and they disregarded all of it. Ideologues have other agendas, you know...

Old 05-28-2007, 08:41 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I would suggest, Southpoint, you read saganista's response slowly and carefully. The points are on target. It is in the record, for the record and unfortunately true. I say unfortunate because whether on my watch or your watch, I would have wanted more vigilance on the part of the Administration (all of the players) so that the City I lived in didn't feel and experience this attack.

No words will ever describe the impact the attack had on NYC. And, Southpoint, your inferences are intolerable and insensitive.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:46 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
My Wife and inlaws are Brooklyn born and raised...
I know the impact it had on NY people.

I find it reprehensible that Southpoint makes a goof it using
0'Reillyish smuggery and posting this type of stuff.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:49 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,458 times
Southpoint,

Ever considered the timing of the attacks on 9-11, i.e. the fact that executive power in US government had changed to a group who would consider “fighting them over there so we don’t have to fight them over here” as the ultimate strategy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies