Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 08:06 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Vanity Fair's "New Hollywood" issue completely lacks diversity - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

"Every woman on its new cover is extremely thin and very, very white. Unless Vanity Fair considers one redhead to be diversity, we feel the need to cry foul."
So, wonder why you don't see many white woman in Ebony magazine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
This is a really strange thread.

Liberalvoice...where I work, the "ethnic" girls (one is from India, one from S. Africa, and two from the Middle East) get hit on way more than us boring white girls (and us white girls are not ugly by any means). I myself would love to have naturally darker skin...guess the grass is always greener.

Hey, we're ALL beautiful, in our own way...

P.S. I also agree the choice of the actresses is more questionable than anything. Who are these people again?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
figures you would allow your bigotry block your common sense.
Thats right, all of us white people are bigots.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:17 AM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Oh yeah ... try having a mag, or ANYTHING ELSE that says for White People, and wait 5 seconds for the blood curdling screams.

Get real.
You obviously did not read my post, because you completely missed my point. Anyway, in my opinion, most magazines out their cater to white people (at least for women since I've never really read men's magazines). Most of the stuff in Cosmo, Elle, Glamour, et al, I can't really related to. If I need advice on make-up or hair stuff, I happily pick up an issue of Essence. I don't read the other stuff, so to be perfectly honest, I don't give a crap what they feature because I am not going to read it anyway. So yes I stand by my point, you are not going to be hearing any blood curdling screams from me.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Here:

Actually, the entire world is the US, inasmuch as everyone the world over subscribes to
Quote:
US-perpetuated
white supremacist notions of what is aesthetically "valuable" and what isn't. That even so-called progressives would be so loath to disavow these notions is perhaps the starkest example of white privilege in action.
US perpetuated, yea right, you don't even want to go there.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh, wah. I wonder what these clowns have to say about Essence.

Probably that Essence was started by black women who tired of magazines that featured only white women?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Soooo?
Look at the covers of Ebony Magazine. Tell me the last time you saw a white woman on the cover of Ebony. We need to cry foul....where is the diversity at Ebony Magazine???????
As the son of a top editor there, I can tell you that Ebony has always been more diverse, in terms of staffing, than Vanity Fair or any of the other "white" mainstream magazines. The Ebony staff has been integrated since it first published. Can you say the same about Vanity Fair?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Oh yeah ... try having a mag, or ANYTHING ELSE that says for White People, and wait 5 seconds for the blood curdling screams.

Get real.
Yea, God forbid anything labeled white, we would be called a bunch of racists!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Most people want a light golden look. It isn't because they want to look "black" or "hispanic" or anything in-between. But because the light golden look makes you look healthier. Really pale-white skin looks unhealthy.

But honestly, I tend to think white girls are more cute than sexy. Women always want to be sexy, and they want you to tell them all the time that they are sexy. But I really like the "girl next door" look. And in my mind, I just associate light-skin and fair hair, with sweethearts. That you just can't help but love, and want to just give them big hugs everytime you see them.

I see a lot of very sexy women, but the vast majority of them I would never bring home to meet my family.

Like, I would so totally bring this girl home.

But I would not bring this girl home. Though I would bang the hell out of her in my car, or behind the club, etc.

Jennifer Lopez looks cute sometimes, but most of the time she just looks like a ghetto ho.

I'd hit it, then quit it before anyone found out about it.

Sexy, not sweet.

I'd hit it if I was drinking, then pretend like I don't remember.

She tries, but she is just not sexy. Too much whiteness. She would look a lot better in like double ponytails and a big smile.

Makes me want to move to Ireland, lucky bastards.

I've always liked lindsay Lohan, but her excessive whiteness and lack of hips just aren't sexy.

So cute, not sexy.

I am not sure why Tiger cheated on his wife a billion times.

I think she looks a lot better in the top pic, with her light skin tone. Not with the nasty fake-bake tan.
Of course, you would not have a snowball's chance in hell with any of these women....................

Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM

With the rate of skin cancer on the rise, I'll stay out of the sun and keep my lily white skin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies