Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times

Advertisements

This is exactly why remaining unspent TARP funds and those repaid need to be immediately applied to our debt rather than allowing the Obama administration to use it for their "slush fund".

How about cancelling the superbowl party in the WH basement or telling anyone attending they need to chip in for their own refreshments? How about putting a hiring freeze on the Federal Government for employees non-essential to national security? How about no raises for Congress? How about not funding foriegn aid when we don't have the cash on hand to back it?

Obama is an elitist piece of work living like a low-class welfare recipient who just hit the jackpot and is now living high on the hog paid for by other people's money. Any Congressional member who is not voting for serious cuts in his joke of a budget that is propped up by "faux funds" of taxes from non-existant legislation is no better.

When are people going to stop believing the rhetoric and start paying attention to the actions of this administration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Planned destruction
Maybe its just me but it's like they are doing it on purpose and want it to break.
You wouldnt act this way knowing what you know.
Any sane person that is.
I agree. I am very suspicious of this administrations call to create jobs. If Obama were so smart why would he continue down this road and destroy the economy even more? Or is he that smart after all and this is his goal? I have a friend here who knows Obama and has sat down with him and he says that he is a very, very smart man. So when the crash happens, we can only conclude that it was his intent.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I agree. I am very suspicious of this administrations call to create jobs. If Obama were so smart why would he continue down this road and destroy the economy even more? Or is he that smart after all and this is his goal? I have a friend here who knows Obama and has sat down with him and he says that he is a very, very smart man. So when the crash happens, we can only conclude that it was his intent.
Manchurian Candidate

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Treasury Dept: Expect to hit recently increased debt ceiling by the end of FEBRUARY! Yes, that would be 25 days from now.

Good going Obama and Congress! The epitome of RECORD SPENDING UNDER THE DEMOCRATS. And maybe a 'record' in and of itself....?

I worry for our financial future, inflation and my children's future. How much will a gallon of milk cost in 10 months?

Hopefully the Obama-backers on here have lots of $$$ for what's to come.
Cuz it's comin......
I'm sorry.. I'm going to have to play stupid here and respond like a liberal..

That cant possibly be true.. Do you have a source?

Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
No really, it's all doable. I just did the math. The sun is about 1/2 way through it's lifecycle, so we only need to pay about 267.00 a month toward our national debt to pay off 12 trillion before the sun burns out. And interest rates are LOW LOW LOW!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:41 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry.. I'm going to have to play stupid here and respond like a liberal..

That cant possibly be true.. Do you have a source?
I think they're referring to the debt ceiling prior to the increase. Either way, it's bad.

"The Treasury Department said Wednesday that it expects to reach the government's limit on borrowing, known as the debt ceiling, by the end of this month. The debt ceiling is currently $12.4 trillion. The Senate has approved an increase to $14.3 trillion but the House has yet to act."

Treasury Expects to Hit Debt Ceiling in February - ABC News

Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Treasury Dept: Expect to hit recently increased debt ceiling by the end of FEBRUARY! Yes, that would be 25 days from now.

Good going Obama and Congress! The epitome of RECORD SPENDING UNDER THE DEMOCRATS. And maybe a 'record' in and of itself....?

I worry for our financial future, inflation and my children's future. How much will a gallon of milk cost in 10 months?

Hopefully the Obama-backers on here have lots of $$$ for what's to come.
Cuz it's comin......
Does this count the new bailout for Fannie and Freddy? F&F should stop all new business and simply fade away.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I think they're referring to the debt ceiling prior to the increase. Either way, it's bad.

"The Treasury Department said Wednesday that it expects to reach the government's limit on borrowing, known as the debt ceiling, by the end of this month. The debt ceiling is currently $12.4 trillion. The Senate has approved an increase to $14.3 trillion but the House has yet to act."

Treasury Expects to Hit Debt Ceiling in February - ABC News
thanks for posting this source for me, I actually heard it this morning on FNC and posted immediately.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:22 PM

Cut the budget and employees of the IRS and go to a flat tax instead. Imagine how much money funding the IRS gobbles up each year!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
It's truly frightening considering by the end of this year we will be paying $200 billion in interest payments alone. That's money that could have gone to help pay for HCR.
Oh no. whatyousay don't you know, Obama says we need it, then i guess golly gee, we need it. He doesn't have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies