Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 03:19 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,533,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I take it you're presuming it was possible for her to recover. She was on life support for fifteen years.

So do you think all "DO NOT RESUSCITATE" orders are evil and criminal?

She was alive. All she needed was food , water and care ....that her parents were willing to render.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
And who was paying for it??? Medicaid.

What about the fact that she indicated multiple times when she was alive that she did NOT want to be a vegetable? What about HER wishes? She should be kept alive with tubes like a puppet for her parents?

So what?????? It doesn't matter! THAT WAS A FRIGGIN' HUMAN LIFE!!

Let her family work it out!! How do you know some church or someone wouldn't have chipped in!??

Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 PM

We care more about friggin' pit bulls than we do about human beings!!
MADNESS!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:05 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,070 times
Talking Old Lone Ranger joke, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
We care more about friggin' pit bulls than we do about human beings!!
MADNESS!
What you mean, "we", pale-face!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:13 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,650,191 times
Quote:

Let her family work it out!! How do you know some church or someone wouldn't have chipped in!??
Because they weren't chipping in. It cost $80k to keep a shell of a human "alive". It took much more than food and water to keep her "alive", it took a lot of machines and personell.

You think she should have been kept "alive" against her wishes?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Because they weren't chipping in. It cost $80k to keep a shell of a human "alive". It took much more than food and water to keep her "alive", it took a lot of machines and personell.

You think she should have been kept "alive" against her wishes?
so you still put a price tag on a human life? And just because no one was chipping in at the time, didn't mean they would not have.
WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT WAS HER WISH!! HER SCUMBAG HUSBAND WAS ALREADY ON ANOTHER WOMAN!

We only have his words to go by!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:14 PM

78,237 posts, read 60,452,505 times
Quote:

She had 15 years of laying there with enough brain function to breathe and that was about it.

Know anyone with cancer and no insurance? How about you spare me the outrage and at least recognize that there are tens of thousands out there with medical problems that are FIXABLE that can't get care.

I realize that you are fixated on this because of Abortion, recognize that the two positions are NOT equal.

In particular, I'm glad I have a living will as if I'm brain dead with no hope of recovery that my family doesn't have to watch me lie there forever. So, you can make your wishes clear in a legal document and I can make mine.

What do you do when you are 95 and start having a heart attack? Want them busting your ribs giving cpr so you can live 3 more months in intense pain and on major medicine? How is that gods will? He never intended us to live forever you know.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 PM

78,237 posts, read 60,452,505 times
Quote:
so you still put a price tag on a human life? And just because no one was chipping in at the time, didn't mean they would not have.
WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT WAS HER WISH!! HER SCUMBAG HUSBAND WAS ALREADY ON ANOTHER WOMAN!

We only have his words to go by!
What life experiences have you had with terminally ill or incapacitated family members have you had?

Ever been married?

You have some strong opinions just curious at your basis and if you've waked a mile in some of these tough shoes in arriving at your opinions.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:13 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,202,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Here is why we do not kill people in vegetative state by starving theming to death

Vegetative brains show glimmers of awareness

Brain scans show mental activity when patient asked to visualize scenes

Vegetative brains show glimmers of awareness - More health news- msnbc.com

From MSBC
While it claims that Terri Schiavo case was different from the ones tested. we are discovering more and more every day as proved here. We can not accpept starving people to death
From my understanding, Terry Schiavo's brain's was severely atrophied. Secondly, for all of the creationist types who reject science and technology, if not for all of the machines keeping people "alive" (if you can call it that), many people would be dead by now. I don't know why the Christian creationist types only embrace science and technology when it suits them.

I think that Terry Shiavo's family milked the taxpayers for a lot of money over the years. For one thing, I was under the impression that Hospice care for for patients who have six months or less to live. From what I understand, she was under Hospice care for years.

Do you honestly think there was still a human spirit or soul still left in that shell of a body that was known as Terry Shiavo?? I don't. There is a time for everything, a time to be born and a time to die. No one's going to live forever and certainly what kind of life or quality of life is there for someone who's brain has been severely atrophied for years and years? The only "life" force in Terry Shiavo were the machines keeping her alive artifically. I hope the poor girl rests in peace; just let it be.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:17 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,202,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
If I was a parent and my kid was bulimic and it led to her eventual death I wouldn't want to accept a lot of things.
As a parent, I wouldn't want to accept it either, but after 15 years of having my child being kept artificially alive by machines and knowing that my child's brain was severely atrophied (meaning that there was nothing there left to function), I would have to accept the fact that it's over with.

They've had more than their share of "time" and coming to terms with their daughter's state. They've had about 20 more years of being selfish than anyone else that I know of. They did not go through anything more than thousands of people in America and the world go through on a daily basis, yet, they had to make their "case" known because they're selfish a-holes who are all about the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies