Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Geez, Roy, you needed Beck (or Google) to tell you that it was only a few months after Wilson became president that we got involved in WWI? What was he suppose to do after Germany sank our ships, stand around with his finger you know where because he'd promised not to enter the war? Did Glenn have an answer for why he broke that campaign promise or did he gloss over the facts? Campaign promises, by the way, get broken but that doesn't make them necessarily lies to begin with....isn't that the parallel Beck is trying to draw between Obama and Wilson, that they both so-called lied in their campaigns?
I don't know what you call a few months but it is a bit too strong.

Beck is trying to show that Wilson was an Ivy League progressive and wants to compare the things he did that hurt us in the end to some of the things that Obama is doing now. He hasn't said word one about the Obama lies told to get votes in his campaign but he did prove the Wilson lie very well.

In case your knowledge of the period is as limited as I think it is let me tell you that is was about one month to the day before he went into the war. Maybe I could also call to your attention that the Germans had been sinking our ships since back in 1915 but he waited until 1917 to get us into the war so he could get re-elected. Maybe you need to read up on the period so you can judge better what Beck is attempting to do. I can tell you that I know many of the dates he talks about so I know that he is just telling the truth about Wilson.

How many years did you say it has been since you have seen Beck's show? You know so very little about it now that I know it has been many months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 11:50 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
15 threads posted by OP the the past month alone telling us we MUST watch Glenn Beck, or we MUST visit his website.
And 15 times you haven't had enough guts to take a chance. Right?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,163,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It doesn't take guts to watch Beck, what it takes is a lot of patience....the man is an idiot.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,414,428 times
I love our country, but I was born in it's decline. We started to lose "America" during FDR's administration. It probably will never come back the way it was. Let's just hope we end up with something salvagable, and somewhat represents capitalism.

I'm sure our president is a swell guy on a personal level, but he's a bigger enertainer than Beck.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:56 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,089,158 times
I don't like Obama, but I definitely liked McCain and Palin less. However, I love my country more than anything. These United States are a truly special place, despite how politically screwed up they are.

On that note... I actually like Scott Brown.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:18 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,621,644 times
Quote:
It takes "guts" to watch Glenn Beck? That is hilarious.

I'm actually forced to watch Beck all the time, I get a weekly medical treatment and they unfortunately always have the TV tuned to Fox and I go after work.

His show is on the same level as the circus.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,089,158 times
Also, as a moderate, I will say that I take Glenn Beck as seriously as Bill O'Reilly. They're both a couple of radical whackjobs.

The key is to balance between logical right wing and logical left wing ideals.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 PM

52,601 posts, read 47,778,949 times
Default Being An American Still Means Something

Look, folks, in no way is this nation perfect. But we should count our blessings that we do live in America and still have freedoms, which our founding fathers intended for us, left that we enjoy. I love my country. Always have and always will. Forget all of the imperfections; it's still a great place to call home. As for the fellow who currently occupies the U.S. presidency, I might like him as a person. Heck, we can probably talk baseball for hours, since the grand old game is one of his passions. But that's as far as it gets, because he isn't a very good president.

Regardless of who is in the Oval Office, I will always take pride in America being the world's greatest country in history, and am dang proud to be a part of it. Period. If you don't love your country, you should.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,278,326 times
Quote:
I don't know what you call a few months but it is a bit too strong.

Beck is trying to show that Wilson was an Ivy League progressive and wants to compare the things he did that hurt us in the end to some of the things that Obama is doing now. He hasn't said word one about the Obama lies told to get votes in his campaign but he did prove the Wilson lie very well.

In case your knowledge of the period is as limited as I think it is let me tell you that is was about one month to the day before he went into the war. Maybe I could also call to your attention that the Germans had been sinking our ships since back in 1915 but he waited until 1917 to get us into the war so he could get re-elected. Maybe you need to read up on the period so you can judge better what Beck is attempting to do. I can tell you that I know many of the dates he talks about so I know that he is just telling the truth about Wilson.

How many years did you say it has been since you have seen Beck's show? You know so very little about it now that I know it has been many months.
Congress signed the declaration of war on April 7th, 1917, he asked for it on the 6th. He was re-elected in the fall 1916 election and he ran on a campaign "he kept us out of the war." Check your dates again on when those ships were sank. It wasn't 1915 it was early 1917.

I watch Beck an hour a week and that's all my blood pressure can take. I don't understand how you can worship the guy. He's as cracked as any crackpot can get. Now, how long did you say it's been since you've watched Rachel Maddow? Have you EVER watched her for a whole hour?

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 02-04-2010 at 12:57 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 12:24 PM
CSG

201 posts, read 382,241 times
I love my country, I despise its current president. How's that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies