Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:59 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You think you can fool people, but that's not going to fly here on C-D as long as some of us are willing to tell the truth and expose your lies.
Oh, give it a rest. We've been around this block before, and you're nothing but stuck in your little CATO/Mises litter box. Mr. Huffy is all hot air.

Quote:
Here are the percentages of individual tax revenue paid compared to the percentages of income earned. It is NOT the same curve all along the income scale...
See what I mean? The point is over income taxes paid versus wealth owned, but you apparently haven't managed to keep even that much straight. And why are you still pulling data from the Tax Foundation? They use IRS data, just like me. Why not move up and play with the big boys?

Quote:
Wow... what a concept... they actually have to pay into a system they use. Imagine that. Equal treatment under the law. Is that an unknown concept to Dems?
Yeah, equal. The low income folks are of course getting screwed again, and this is just on income tax. We allow the bottom 50% to hold all of 2.8% of the wealth, then we make them pay 3.3% of the income taxes, and further sock it to them with payroll and excise taxes. Some equal treatment expert you are...

..........Tax......Wealth
.........Share.....Share
Top 1%....36.9......32.7
Top 5%....57.1......57.2
Top 10%...68.0......69.8
Top 50%...96.7......97.2
0 > 50%....3.3.......2.8

Note: These are Fed data which for definitional
reasons will differ slightly from IRS data.

And since you've had an additional six months or whatever to think about it, have you managed to come up with any explanation at all as to why taxing people according to an annual income share is preferable on equity grounds to taxing people according to their wealth share? Given the futile nature of your attempts to deal with that question last time, I would doubt it. And of course, don't forget to take marginal utility theory into account in your answer, should you at last attempt to provide one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 09:18 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Oh, give it a rest. We've been around this block before, and you're nothing but stuck in your little CATO/Mises litter box. Mr. Huffy is all hot air.
In other words, you admit you're lying. Wealth is not income. Get a clue.

Quote:
See what I mean? The point is over income taxes paid versus wealth owned, but you apparently haven't managed to keep even that much straight. And why are you still pulling data from the Tax Foundation? They use IRS data, just like me. Why not move up and play with the big boys?
You're still confused, aren't you? Again, really s-l-o-w this time... wealth is not income. We have an income tax, not a wealth tax. I know it's very hard for you to understand, but please try.

I eliminated the rest of your rambling because you're still confusing wealth and income.

Quote:
And since you've had an additional six months or whatever to think about it, have you managed to come up with any explanation at all as to why taxing people according to an annual income share is preferable on equity grounds to taxing people according to their wealth share? Given the futile nature of your attempts to deal with that question last time, I would doubt it. And of course, don't forget to take marginal utility theory into account in your answer, should you at last attempt to provide one.
You STILL don't get it... The tax code taxes income, not wealth. Why? Because wealth has been accumulated over time from income that has already been taxed, or will be taxed when withdrawn from tax-deferred investments. What about that do you not understand?

Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't mind being called racist because I voted against Obama by voting for McCain, but I do take exception to that hateful, irrational, ignorant crap because I don't agree with you.
Roys I've never accused people who voted for McCain are racist. What I'm talking about are idiots at fox and friends deciding to make a mockery of ron paul without ever hearing the man out. He was badly mistreated by R's. So was McCain, not just by the Coulter types, but by the GOP themselves in 2000 primary! Good grief!!! That was morally repugnant!

Had they called him out on merits of argument it would be one thing, but when they're a tabloid steering committee deciding to engage personal attacks by putting a clown hat on Ron Paul--- you should be kicking their a$$ or turning off that channel. Why aren't you?

Hateful irrational ignorant crap= McCain supporters attacking reporters in an airport because they were upset with Katie Couric asking a softball question. Palin did it to herself. McCain supporters did it to themselves as well. It's always someone else's fault with your side. The mirror of accountability shouldn't scare you if you're a true conservative. The problem is conservatives aren't in the republican party anymore.

McCain apologized for letting republicans down by losing the election. As far as I'm concerned, the whole lot of you weren't worthy of him. He might not be perfect, but at least he's a statesman. Something conservatives should reclaim sooner than not because this knuckle dragging behavior & low ball tactics disrupting my government makes them unfit for office. I'm not voting R again until the new age neos are shown the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies