Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

I was going to comment about Santa smoking a cigarette, but this conversation has devolved.

The one of the husband spanking his wife is awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was going to comment about Santa smoking a cigarette, but this conversation has devolved.

AWWWW - the wife getting spanked was cute!!!!!

Did you like the one of the husband with his foot on the head of the wife???

Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
AWWWW - the wife getting spanked was cute!!!!!

Did you like the one of the husband with his foot on the head of the wife???
No. It was disgusting. Plain and simple. Stupid. Glad we are not backwards and idiotic now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

But some people like it. They think a man should dictate a woman and be able to hit her when she does not listen.

Some people on this forum actually. They think it is funny to put your foot on a womans head.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I've been called LOTS of derogatory names and yes, it isn't a big friggin deal.
I was trying to illustrate that it may not be to *you* but to others it *is,* see n word discussion above; that since it hasnt ever affected you or Greatday it's easy evidently for you to be complacent and lighthearted about it.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know, I think some of the responses to this thread have shown another reason we may have been happier "back in the day." We were not nearly as cynical or angry as much of the younger folks seem to be.
I think that may be because people were a lot more naive than young people are today. Nobody understood the impacts of our actions on our bodies, other people, or on the world, so they could relax. All the while huge groups of people were treated as second class citizens or barely human.

I'm not sure young people are cyncical or angry necessarily (one could argue those older, white Tea Party activists seem pretty darn cynical and angry), but they are aware that the current way of life doesn't work.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM

After reviewing some recent posts, I have to admit getting a little annoyed at a few posters who clearly wanted to disrupt the fun that some were having here thinking about the "old" days - they had to politicize the ads etc.

Why can't those who have nothing good to say - nothing positive to say - simply shut the hell up and not say anything at all? Why must they interject comments that have nothing to do with the topic - why do they feel they have to spoil the fun others were having -

They must be very unhappy people at heart

Old 02-06-2010, 11:10 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Some people just have a mean spirit and really get off on interjecting their mean-spirited carp into every place possible. I think these are basically unhappy people who are unable to pass up the chance to spoil the fun for everyone. They probably do this IRL, too.

I say, "Ignore them." After all, a response is what they want and if no one gives them any notice it will p*** them off.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I was trying to illustrate that it may not be to *you* but to others it *is,* see n word discussion above; that since it hasnt ever affected you or Greatday it's easy evidently for you to be complacent and lighthearted about it.
I just stated that I have been called the N word (as well as a few other hurtful words) so yes, it HAS affected me personally but I just shrug it off as ignorance on the part of the person who insulted me.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
After reviewing some recent posts, I have to admit getting a little annoyed at a few posters who clearly wanted to disrupt the fun that some were having here thinking about the "old" days - they had to politicize the ads etc.

Why can't those who have nothing good to say - nothing positive to say - simply shut the hell up and not say anything at all? Why must they interject comments that have nothing to do with the topic - why do they feel they have to spoil the fun others were having -

They must be very unhappy people at heart
I agree Greatday and I have to remind myself not to allow certain posters to rile me up over nonsense. Maybe I should learn how to use the ignore feature.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I have a disability - and I have been called all sorts of names because of it. It's not the "n" word. But hurtful nonetheless.

But, I had a choice: Rant and rave and make a scene - yada, yada, yada. OR, Move on - feel sorry for the person who made the comments - and not dwell on the issue -

I choose to move on.

If that is complacency - so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies