Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Obama's first year an utter failure?
Yes, Obama's first year was a failure. Glad he also failed to ruin the US economy. 49 47.12%
No, Obama's first year was a success. I cannot think of a better presidential first year. 14 13.46%
Not entirely a failure, not entirely a success. 36 34.62%
Other - explain. 4 3.85%
I do not know / not sure. 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
He took on a hideous mess and he´s trying to fix it. It´s not his fault if you poor scared right wingers dont know how to follow the news intelligently and on your own.
Can you ever comment without engaging in schoolyard name calling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Can you ever comment without engaging in schoolyard name calling?
No! that is what they do because they have nothing else!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:50 PM

631 posts, read 1,290,816 times
Ok guys seriously drop the whole Olympic bid thing. Lots of countries had bids and to be fair America hosted the winter olympics just a few years ago. Besides, as a rising contender on the world stage, Brazil deserved it.

Quote:
Obama begs the olympic committee to send the Olympics to S#itcago in 2012 and gets turned down. Wasn't he supposed to fix America's bad image abroad. We know how that went!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:26 PM

78 posts, read 102,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
$200 million per year, where do you get that?

Could you give a link to $200B of the stimulus money set to be wasted in 2010?
Here is a link. BTW, it's $200 Million PER YEAR to try 5 terrorists in US civilian courts. The trial will take about 1 year and 1/2 (you have to hear motions, etc) and then they will stay in NYC for their appeal process (while US citizens to go prison while waiting for appeal), so that will take at least another 1 1/2.

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Obama seeks $200 million to help cities host 9/11 trials

Wasting money with the Stimulus.... the whole plan is a waste of taxpayer money and they plan to spend (a/k/a/ waste) about $200 Billion during this fiscal year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Total success. He managed to avoid our going into a great depression that the GOP had started.
The only success I have seen was Obama's failure to collapse the US economy under Obama's Cloward and Piven strategy. You need to ctach up on your reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Ok guys seriously drop the whole Olympic bid thing. Lots of countries had bids and to be fair America hosted the winter Olympics just a few years ago. Besides, as a rising contender on the world stage, Brazil deserved it.
I thought Obama was supposed to be the new world super star... his world president status did not even get him the Olympics? Wow......

Heck, Obama's messianic status did not even get 3 out of 3 candidates he supported to win statewide races! lol Yeah, the Olympics really were a longshot! LOL

Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 PM

78 posts, read 102,020 times
Default I am still waiting.....

No one has yet made a case as to HOW Bama's first year was success.

Any accomplishments worth noting?? Other than quadrupling the national debt plan in 4 years, I am talking positive stuff.

And please, do not give me one these "Stimulus created or saved #jobs" jazz. That has been debunked as a complete sham.

Anyone???

Old 02-08-2010, 04:40 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense1 View Post
Was Obama's first year an utter failure? I think a discussion should be held about this last year.

2009 was a financial disaster. People lost their jobs in record numbers, the economy tanked even more, the national debt is on its way to be quadrupled by 2012. Meanwhile, banks were bailed out, Obama's bosses at Goldman Sachs run almost the entire Federal Reserve system, and people lost their homes to foreclosure while Obama and his bureaucrats debated Obama's "making Home Affordable" debacle. Obama has increased the National Debt from close to $10 Trillion to $13 Trillion today.

Let me not get started on the PorkImulous, which is a complete joke. The only people stimulated by Obama's stimulus were bankers and Obama donors. And of course, the builders of turtle bridges in Florida!

Not only that, Afghanistan got worse while Obama refused to make a decision on General McChrystal's plan, while wasting time and taxpayer money touring the world giving speeches about his Muslim heritage and other nonsensical subjects. The result is an embolden Al-queda and a even more defiant Iran.

Terrorism is on the surge, with Islamic extremists sensing weakness of this administration. This administration appointed Holder, a terrorist-sympathizer and former attorney/supported of Gitmo detainees, who has gutted America's intelligence apparatus and by scaring the CIA against aggressive gathering intelligence by threatening the CIA agents with prison time. The director of national security admits attacks are imminent in 6 months and since they cannot waterboard or otherwise interrogate high value terror suspects, we have no information on how to stop these attacks.

Meanwhile, Obama plans to spend $200 MILLION Dollars per year trying the worst terrorists of all in civilian court, while golfing care-free in Hawaii when Holder was giving Miranda rights to the Christmas day terrorist underpants moron. This is a chronology of how it happened:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am6f5EdHUpU Here are Obama's anti-terror team admitting the US is getting hit in 6 months - and they look pathetically hopeless to stop it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0FkrdQ12zQ And why shouldn't they? Their bosses (Bama and Holder) will prosecute CIA agents trying to get intelligence to protect us and terrorists get mirada rights on the spot!

Then we get slammed with lie after lie, about Gitmo closing in less than one year, putting healthcare negotiations on C-SPAN, having transparency, yet running the most secretive administration of the history of the Republic, and then my personal "fav" Obama lie, the well known "no lobbyist" pledge, which was quickly broken when Obama picked over 40 lobbyists for key positions in his administration. You can see a compilation of 16 Obama lies in 7 minutes... fascinating! Breitbart.tv » 16 Lies in 7 minutes: State of the Union Video Breakdown

If that wasn't enough, we have an American president bowing to foreign leaders, including the Emperor of Japan and the Saudi King left and right.

After the bowing and kow-towing to Islamic regimes, Obama begs the olympic committee to send the Olympics to S#itcago in 2012 and gets turned down. Wasn't he supposed to fix America's bad image abroad. We know how that went!

Finally (and this is a HAPPY thing) - Obama failed at healthcare, cap n trade, withdrawing troops from wars, and others. I am glad these failed, as these initiatives would have damaged the US economy beyond repair. So Obama's failures there were great news for America. But they were failures, nonetheless.

I could go on and on... But there is no point. It's clear to me (and most Americans, it would seem) that 2009 was certainly a lousy year for Obama and much worse for America.

But what do YOU guys think?? Was this a good year for Obama and the USA? Was Obama's first year an utter failure?
CommonSense1 ! ... You Are Right On Target !

Yes Indeed ... Without a doubt every aspect of HO's first year as President has been an "Epic Failure" !

I would venture a guess that this young man may well be more than ready to "Run Up The White Flag" and honestly admit he's had enough ... and let the Veep "Little Joe" take over for the remainder of this incredibly disasterous "Nightmare" !

Damn ... Just look at the horrendous mess 'Old George Bush" has caused ! Thanks / Old Lamar

Old 02-08-2010, 04:45 PM

328 posts, read 306,860 times
The responses show who the morons are. People glad and hope he fails. How sickening is this forum.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:42 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland City View Post
The responses show who the morons are. People glad and hope he fails. How sickening is this forum.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 PM

109 posts, read 114,185 times
Oh, I'm glad he's failing because that means America is not. Do you want to call me a "moron" to my face, Oakland City?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
If your personal comments were not so inflammatory and slanted to the right (and hateful) I would be inclined to offer some input. But you fail to earn it. Later.
This may be the biggest cop-out in the history of CD Forums. All that evidence, and you can't rebut a single point, so you go after the messenger.

Liberal limp-wrists always provide a good source of (predictable) entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies