Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times

Advertisements

Possibly the first thing she and I agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Good for Sarah. I'm glad to see her response to this came from the heart and wasn't partisan politics. As someone else said, a mother is a mother and you should NEVER mess with a mother's kids. My "kids" are in their 40s and I'd still put someone into the middle of next week if they insulted or threatened my kids.

Very well said, and i do agree with you. I feel any Mother in her same situation, would of done the same. Your kids are your kids, no matter their age, and protect them even as adults, just something a Mom does.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:42 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Good for Sarah. I'm glad to see her response to this came from the heart and wasn't partisan politics. As someone else said, a mother is a mother and you should NEVER mess with a mother's kids. My "kids" are in their 40s and I'd still put someone into the middle of next week if they insulted or threatened my kids.
It was partisan politics, she didn't respond to Rush. She didn't call him by name, nor did she ask him to apologize. She is also campaigning for Rick Perry, Perry's top advisor has used the r word over and over again. Not a peep out of Palin, no demand of an apology. Why not??

Old 02-04-2010, 08:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
stepping down...Rahm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Despite our differences, I think we agree Rahm should step down. If Limbaugh was in Rahm's shoes as part of the gov't, I'd ask he remove himselve from leadership.
You certainly did a "creative" editing job of my post and no I don't agree that Rahm should step down. I actually wrote of which you only edited out the three bolded words:

Quote:
People had to ask for a statement from her and they got the email with the 'crude and demeaning' generic statement with no mention of Rush or him stepping down like she did with Rahm. No mention of it on her Facebook page or Twitter either. I'm sorry but the differences in her response to Rush vs. Rahm seems clearly partisan to me.

One line: "Governor Palin believes crude and demeaning name calling at the expense of others is disrespectful." Clearly not a rebuff of Rush.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:46 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
Hilarious how fake the political world is, and they get away with it.

Back when I was a working man I remember walking into an OTB board meeting of a fortune 500 that shall go unnamed, in which the board of directors chair laid into a few employees in front of everyone.

"weak-willed f@ggots," I believe, is the term used to describe the sales team in particular.

lol. "Taking offense" is such a chick thing.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Palin is being politically correct. This seems to go against what most Republicans and Tea Partiers stand for.

By condemning people for using the word "retarded" as a joke, she's also suppressing free speech.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Something is weird about Rush's comments, at least they way his comments were interpreted. I was listening to him speak about Obama's comments relating to the Special Olympics and bowling, and also about Emmanuel. As far as I understand, Rush referred to these two as "retards calling the children retards."

Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Too bad she can't call him crude and demeaning for all other conduct, not just a pet issue dear to her heart.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:30 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Palin is being politically correct. This seems to go against what most Republicans and Tea Partiers stand for.

By condemning people for using the word "retarded" as a joke, she's also suppressing free speech.

Palin is not so much being politically correct, she is being a mother of a disabled child.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:32 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Me agreeing with Palin....did hell freeze over???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies