Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:56 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

If you need a definition for hypocrisy, how about the fact that the person who most wanted to shove Obamacare down our throats received surgery, radiation and chemotherapy for terminal brain cancer at age 76. He got one more year to live at an enormous cost that would never be spent under his plan for an ordinary citizen.

yea those death panels I know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
My link gave tou the proof of how many children were denied life

thanks for the info........you are ignoring the bigger picture now are you not?

You are "pro life" but not bothered by walking talking humans, innocent humans, being killed by bombs etc in the name of an unjust war.

You are more worried about cells inside a potentially drug addicted mother than real live humans. And again you fail to address the fact that as soon as that mother is forced to have the baby you will turn around and say shes on her own because welfare is for lazy slobs who just want to bum around. No that kids can't have any of my money I just wanted it to be born and neglected. Let him find his own lunch money

Old 02-06-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
My link gave tou the proof of how many children were denied life

also are you proposing what our country needs is about an additional 150 million people, many of whom have been raised in awful conditions? Because we would have at least that

Old 02-06-2010, 01:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
thanks for the info........you are ignoring the bigger picture now are you not?

You are "pro life" but not bothered by walking talking humans, innocent humans, being killed by bombs etc in the name of an unjust war.

You are more worried about cells inside a potentially drug addicted mother than real live humans. And again you fail to address the fact that as soon as that mother is forced to have the baby you will turn around and say shes on her own because welfare is for lazy slobs who just want to bum around. No that kids can't have any of my money I just wanted it to be born and neglected. Let him find his own lunch money
No response or answers to Organick! SURPRISE SURPRISE!

WAH! WE DENY LIFE TO ALL THESE CHILDREN.....but I don't wanna pay for it.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
No response or answers to Organick! SURPRISE SURPRISE!

WAH! WE DENY LIFE TO ALL THESE CHILDREN.....but I don't wanna pay for it.

they dont actually care about living people until they are almost dying

Old 02-06-2010, 03:47 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,231 times
Quote:
some churches do help the poor true, not nearly enough though.

Also to be fair I did not say churches in my post I said people. You know the ones who b*tch and complain about all public programs to help the less fortunate

Talk about hypocricy! It is a statistical fact that conservatives give more than liberals. Liberals talk a good act but they just can't seem to crow bar their wallets open. I guess they think all that lip service is their debt to society.

Maybe it is the built in schizoid identity, they can't figure out which hand is to give and which is to recieve so they hold both out to receive. I need a program whaaaaa, give me a program cry the liberals. We need to collect money from the conservatives so we can give it out and get the credit. You girls and boys should go to Sunday school in the morning and ask for forgiveness. Then begin a new life of charity and service to your fellow man. Talk is cheap and we're not buying.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Talk about hypocricy! It is a statistical fact that conservatives give more than liberals. Liberals talk a good act but they just can't seem to crow bar their wallets open. I guess they think all that lip service is their debt to society.

Maybe it is the built in schizoid identity, they can't figure out which hand is to give and which is to recieve so they hold both out to receive. I need a program whaaaaa, give me a program cry the liberals. We need to collect money from the conservatives so we can give it out and get the credit. You girls and boys should go to Sunday school in the morning and ask for forgiveness. Then begin a new life of charity and service to your fellow man. Talk is cheap and we're not buying.

do you have stastics to prove that?????? I also would not consider tithing to a church as charity giving since not nearly all of it goes to charity

Old 02-07-2010, 08:01 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
they dont actually care about living people until they are almost dying
Y'all need some Spock lessons, because your comments are completely devoid of logic.

This is the argument I'd expect a nine year old to make.

One that was held back.

It's inflammatory, nonsensical, and flatly untrue.

You think that expecting people to take a greater role in being responsible for their lives without nanny government interference is the same as not caring about them?

I guess that means my mommy didn't care about me because she made me learn to tie my own shoes.
Or my coaches didn't care about me because they made me run that last mile I didn't think I had in me.
Or my dad doesn't care about me because instead of giving me things, he gave me the tools to go out, work, and get what I wanted that way.
Or my teachers didn't care about me because they made me work out the hard problems instead of giving me the answers.

You have a lot to learn.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,231 times
Quote:
do you have stastics to prove that?????? I also would not consider tithing to a church as charity giving since not nearly all of it goes to charity
Yes you can google and paste that for us if you would please since you need a job. I would bet I give more in a year to a number of charities than you have given in a lifetime. I know your type.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post

The problem with charitable giving to churches, is that the church itself, and it's directors, recieve a major part of the benefit of that giving. Just look at the many elaborate churches that exist in every city and town. The money given and spent building these structures could feed millions, could provide health care to millions, etc. But an elaborate Church is obviously more important to the congregations and leadership of these organizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies