Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 10:36 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,764,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Doesn't this belong on the religion and philosophy board? You're not reaching your audience here.

no right wingers are political and so is organized religion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 10:37 PM

760 posts, read 1,271,016 times
How about people who claim to be pro life but don't seem to have a problem with dropping bombs on foreign nations. I mean what is pro life about that????

Old 02-04-2010, 10:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
oh the churches that don't house homeless people or feed people but have 4 million dollar buildings? those churches? Just because they help a few members of their own church does not make them caregivers. Exactly what facts do you have? Shall we really start posting the facts about child molestation cover ups and the facts about priests living in 500 k dollar houses alone while people suffer? Shall we?

Idiotic response
Sure, go for it. Post the facts. I'd like to see you come up with them. But while your trolling for the most egregious headline you can find, I expect you to also come back with sound statistical data that proves that most churches don't help the needy. Afterall, you made the assertion. Time for you to back it up. Or shut up.

What's it going to be?

Your talking points are mere blather. Wah wah 4 million dollar buildings. Wah wah molestation cover ups. Wah wah big houses.

The impetus is on YOU to prove that these people are the rule instead of the exception among the hundreds of thousands of churches around this country.

Are you beginning to see how stupid you sound?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
How about people who claim to be pro life but don't seem to have a problem with dropping bombs on foreign nations. I mean what is pro life about that????
Wars are sometimes necessary. Abortions are sometimes necessary. Wars are not taken lightly (no matter how hard you lefties try to spin it. You think Obama salivates over sending troops to war?). Abortions are most often a form of birth control for many thousands of women. This has been proven statistically. So yes, there is a difference between the two, but the simple-minded hang on the words "pro-life" because they can't dig deep enough to come up with an intelligent way to differentiate.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,501,981 times
Quote:
wow great response.

I love the part when you actually say something that responds to the points
Because I don't even know where to start!... your arguments are ridiculous and simple minded.

You have the mentality of teenager in high school for crying out loud.

1. First off, not every conservative is against abortion. Myself included. Those who are against abortion believe that government should not FUND abortions, and they believe it is considered murder to kill the fetus. They believe the fetus is still a human life. Whether or not you agree with that is your deal. Abortion is not the biggest concern of 95% of conservatives anyway. The economy is.

2. Do you even understand why we go to war?! NOBODY likes war, however, not everything can be solved by "pretty pleasing" other countries to stop being meanie poopoo heads People are attacking US, killing OUR people on our own soil in case you didn't ****ing realize that.

3. Ever hear of a church? Ever hear of charity groups? Christianity does tell us to be charitable, and most conservatives are very charitable... to people who REALLY need it. Conservatives, unlike liberals, who believe in FORCING everyone to give out their own hard earned money to god knows who, prefer giving money to charitable causes of their own choosing.

What else can I prove you wrong on?

Last edited by ryanst530; 02-04-2010 at 10:59 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,153,276 times
I hope you won't mind if I twist your words around

Quote:
The left wing extremists anti-religion communist fundamentalists are the biggest bunch of hypocrites alive.

They love government involvement on everything in life, including drive-through abortions.

They scream about wars, but still support wars such as "Monica's War' in the Balkans, the war in Afghanistan, and still haven't pulled out of Iraq.

They talk about being so Christian and God followers, but continue killing the innocent with millions of abortions, don't help the needed but make them dependent of government handouts, have racist agendas (just like the other side), and step on everyone they can to climb the financial ladder. A lot of them have been in this ladder for years as you can see with the most powerful female in Congress, and a multi-millionaire who controls "moveon.org" But to be fair, not all millionaires are leftist liberal, for some are right wingers too.
"It like make up your mind which way is it you can have both," too

Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
They talk about being so christian and god followers of god but don't want to help needy people,
I'd like to respond to this one issue, raised by you. Although - I could, and may, respond to all

The above is foolish, ignorant and shows you are seriously misinformed.

Some call me a "right winger" (never a hypocrite though) - and I, and my wife, spend an enormous amount of time (and money) doing what you say we don't do.

We work in the streets with the homeless: Tending to their medical needs, their family needs, their mental needs, their housing needs etc. We get them the help they need. And, we work with some of the worse of the worse.

So, I'd suggest you not make such broad and wild statements - because I can find you left wingers who don't give a wits hoot about the needy. I can find you right wingers who also don't give a hoot.

But, I can find you MORE Left and Right wingers who are out there - in the trenches, working to help all those who are in need.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
BTW - I know a lot of "Left Wingers" who oppose abortion - who work to reverse Roe v Wade.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
The right wing extremist religious fundamentalists are the biggest bunch of hypocrites alive.

They hate government involvement but want them to ban abortion.

They scream about abortion but support totally unjust wars that kill innocent children.

They talk about being so christian and god followers of god but don't want to help needy people, have racist agendas( as apparent by posts on this forum), step on everyone they can to climb the financial ladder etc.

It like make up your mind which way is it you can have both.
What's been said about the right wing evangelicals is:
they politicize folks that are not born, and when they are very old - but don't mind if we bomb the hell out of everyone in between

Old 02-04-2010, 11:28 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,153,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What's been said about the right wing evangelicals is:
they politicize folks that are not born, and when they are very old - but don't mind if we bomb the hell out of everyone in between
I wonder if any liberal Democrat president has "bombed the hell out of everyone in between"? Only conservative Republican presidents have conducted war?

The answer is simple: both conservative and liberal presidents have conducted war all over the place. A lot of liberals are religious, too, and some are Catholic who follow the Pope's doctrine to protect the innocent (not to have abortions), and have no problems with waging war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies