Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:58 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

I do agree with Alinsky on the ponit.

No Christian can live up to Christianity. That isnt hypocracy though.

We even have bible for it. All have sinned and fallen short.

Only those that dont understand the goal of a Christian is to stick to the plan of BECOMING see christians as hypocrits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 09:00 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,355,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I do agree with Alinsky on the ponit.

No Christian can live up to Christianity. That isnt hypocracy though.

We even have bible for it. All have sinned and fallen short.

Only those that dont understand the goal of a Christian is to stick to the plan of BECOMING see christians as hypocrits.
If that is truly the case, then we can say that everyone is "becoming". . . so what seperates christians from non-christians is a self imposed title? Doesn't seem like much to me. . . .

Old 02-05-2010, 09:05 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
If that is truly the case, then we can say that everyone is "becoming". . . so what seperates christians from non-christians is a self imposed title? Doesn't seem like much to me. . . .
Well... I suppose it depends on what one is trying to become....

Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
As expected, you did nothing but troll for the most egregious headlines you could come up with, while completely ignoring any headline that confirms the amount of charity and straight-forward help that churches have provided during this recession and the past 2000 years.

Not sure why I even responded to this post. Lightweights are boring.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
i spend 25 hours a week working with charity
Yeah. Still got you beat.

And I like the point that someone else made about how both sides of the coin are spewing ridiculous hate and pointless arguments while failing to see that they are two sides of the same coin.

My conservative and liberal friends who are reasonable people seem to agree more than disagree with each other.

People with far-out ideologies are not the ones you should use as your basis to bash an entire group of people.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Are you done crying yet? Do we need to change your diaper? Give me a break kid. Not every Right Wing Extremist Religious Fundamentalist are the things above. I guess I would be bunched into that huge group. I am religious I am a freedom loving person and I don't want government involved in my life. 1. I want my state or rather the people to vote to ban abortion. Since the government refuses to give the people the right to vote on things such as this we have to go through the government to get things done.2. I hate war. I see no reason for it unless we are attacked by an actual country first. I do not agree with the war in Iraq or Afghanistan. I would have sent a couple of seal teams and S.F teams into Afghanistan to take out Bin Laden. What happens in these other countries is none of my buisness. Almost all these wars we have been in are for and/or help Israel's agenda therefore I see no point I am tired of my country fighting wars for countries that refuse to help themselves. 3. I help needy people. I donate to toys for tots and other charities that help AMERICANS! I will not donate money or goods to any charity that refuses to help Americans first and foremost. 4. What Racist agenda's are you whining about?
you somewhat lost your credibility at helping americans only. Is that very christian like to discriminate about who needs help? Religion is not about borders made up by man

Old 02-05-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Number of Abortions in the US.
Abortion in the United States (http://www.nrlc.org/ABORTION/facts/abortionstats.html - broken link)

Until you can prove American are killing Iraq Children we cant discuss the issue and you are Just making stuff up in an attempt to justify abortion.
I am talking about what we do in the present day to respect life. If you woudl lke to start a thread on religious wars i will be happy to read it and comment if i can

Are you freaking kidding me...prove we kill children???? not to mention apparently innocent adults do not matter. Are you going to sit here as a rational huma and deny that innocent children are killed as a result of war??

I am not justifying abortion. I am saying you have no right to legislate it. you have no right to force unwanted children upon the earth. And more than anything I am saying that the pro chice movement does much more to acually stop abortion than the pro life movement does. The right wing supports abstinence only program, no access to birth control, not giving out condoms etc. well guess what that all leads to? more pregnant scared people who have abortions. this problem is solve through education and access to birth control not through preaching you will burn in hell for having sex

Old 02-05-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Pro abortion is absolutely about pushing abortion. You can educate people. I have always supported free condoms and birth control so do not lump everyone in a group.
Pro Choice is by definition pro abortion. To hide behind any shield is to just make yourself feel OK about denying 50 million people a life. People who say I would never have an abortion but I think its OK for others are hypocrites that support a genocide . Plenty of Germans said I would never kill a Jew but its OK to let the state do it. Hiding behind laws does not make it right

Anyone who does not want to be a parent can give their child up for adoption.

look you are presenting the same old tired arguments. You think that the adoption system in our country could handle 50 million kids? Secondly you do realize it was the the "pro life" movement that that changed its title and not the pro-choice movement right? which part of legislating what a woman does with her body do you like so much?

Old 02-05-2010, 10:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
you somewhat lost your credibility at helping americans only. Is that very christian like to discriminate about who needs help? Religion is not about borders made up by man
Lucky for us, you don't get to dictate how or to which charities people donate to.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
The right wing supports abstinence only program, no access to birth control, not giving out condoms etc. well guess what that all leads to?
You must be trying out for a creative writing course - one where you write fiction - like the fiction you wrote above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies