Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 08:18 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's easy. Leftists, by definition, have a deep-seated emotional need to prove themselves morally superior to all others. They embrace all sorts of fanatical causes like animal rights, abortion on demand, deindustrialization and the like in an attempt to make themselves appear enlightened. When the silly, contradictory and destructive nature of these positions (see Delta Smelt) is explained to them, they generally attack the person attempting to reason with them rather than trying to defend their own position. To the leftist, anyone who disagrees with their position is not only wrong, but immoral. Since a religious person would find it hard to defend putting thousands upon thousands of people out of work to protect a stupid fish or forcing a pro-life tax payer to fund the extermination of children, liberals are less likely to embrace traditional religion.
It's so nice to see that you don't generalize, and are open to different points of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
I don't notice a whole lot of conservatives who are all that religious, particularly men. The current crop of right wingers seems more concerned about taxes and giving their money to blacks and Mexicans than about religious issues.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:22 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I don't notice a whole lot of conservatives who are all that religious, particularly men. The current crop of right wingers seems more concerned about taxes and giving their money to blacks and Mexicans than about religious issues.
Really? I assume then you don't keep up with current affairs? Do you know who Sarah Palin is? What about Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh? They all want to shove their morality and religious beliefs down our throats until we choke and die. I wish they would all find a new hobby and go away.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Democrats are statistically more educated. Non-believers are statistically more educated.

Thus, well, you get it.
Stay on topic please. We are not talking about Democrats.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I don't think you read my post in detail.

I know of many conservative who have been caught etc. What happenned to them? They resigned. What happenned to the dems? They stayed in office Bill Clinton come to mind.

I did not say ALL as you claim, I said MANY.

Didn't say people need religion to be moral. But, people who are religous tend to be more moral than those who aren't religous.
It is true that Democrats embroiled in scandal are typically embraced by their and Republicans are ex-communicated by theirs. However, the Republicans use morality as a tool, so when they do something immoral they are being hypocritical as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:50 AM

757 posts, read 802,678 times
Evangelicals do say that the Bible is the literal word of God. What part of, the bible teaches that God exists in the heavens and sits on a throne, confuses you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Would you please revise and resubmit. Your post is confusing.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I think, therefore I am.
"Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains." - Winston Churchill

It has been my observation in 43 years of life that liberals feel more than they think. They never have a logical, well thought out answer to a controversial topic and when you give them facts they suddenly get louder and then the insults begin flying. Or they try to outflank you with something else altogether.
But hey, maybe I have just been unlucky.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Evangelicals do say that the Bible is the literal word of God. What part of, the bible teaches that God exists in the heavens and sits on a throne, confuses you?
First of all, it was your writing that was confusing.

Secondly, Catholics (of which I can only speak) don't think of heaven as being the sky. It is the kingdom of the afterlife, not some place that the space shuttle passes through on it's way to orbit.

Thirdly, I have seen multiple posts on CD where atheists deride the deity as some sort of a skyGod. And in doing so they are trying to marginalize Christians as wackos for believing in him.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:55 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
First of all, it was your writing that was confusing.

Secondly, Catholics (of which I can only speak) don't think of heaven as being the sky. It is the kingdom of the afterlife, not some place that the space shuttle passes through on it's way to orbit.

Thirdly, I have seen multiple posts on CD where atheists deride the deity as some sort of a skyGod. And in doing so they are trying to marginalize Christians as wackos for believing in him.
I can't speak for other Christians but my assumption is that God is the ultimate scientist.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:01 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times
I don't find religion to be an important thing in my life. IMO, organized religion is very flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies