Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 AM

656 posts, read 2,742,722 times

Advertisements

WTH !!!

Well another young girl has been killed by her father for dishonoring the family for low and behold, 'talking to boys'
She was Buried Alive!
Girl buried alive for 'befriending boys' - The West Australian
Could of been worst.. like being Burned alive for being Gang Raped

Look I'm not really having a go at the whole Islamic faith. I do realize that this is Islamic extremism
But in this day and age...in the year 2010...how does a Man get brain washed in believing this crap! How do Women put up with this!

What I'm trying to say is .....

Actually, in all honesty. I really just wanted to get this off my chest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 07:39 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
That is just beyond horrible
baffles my mind that in 2010 this kind of crap is still happening

Old 02-05-2010, 07:42 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
I don't cotton to the whole religious tolerance crap. Islam is evil. Period.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
That is just beyond horrible
baffles my mind that in 2010 this kind of crap is still happening
Exactly

In some of those countries. Women should just breed men out of existence

Old 02-05-2010, 07:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
And Turkey is a moderate religious country. Unfortunatly, Islamic extremists are attempting to take control of Turkey --- and if they succeed, expect more of this type of abuse.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:46 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
If anybody is really interested in this let me suggest reading "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Old 02-05-2010, 07:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
WTH !!!

Well another young girl has been killed by her father for dishonoring the family for low and behold, 'talking to boys'
She was Buried Alive!
Girl buried alive for 'befriending boys' - The West Australian
Could of been worst.. like being Burned alive for being Gang Raped

Look I'm not really having a go at the whole Islamic faith. I do realize that this is Islamic extremism
But in this day and age...in the year 2010...how does a Man get brain washed in believing this crap! How do Women put up with this!

What I'm trying to say is .....

Actually, in all honesty. I really just wanted to get this off my chest!
I dont see how this can change in our lifetimes. The people who believe this way distrust the people who live in the cities because they're (relatively) westernized.

Unless some of the leaders step up and make this sort of thing illegal, and prosecute it, and at the same time start an education campaign and just work patiently through a couple of generations.

But I dont know. Has anyone ever gone on a msg board (e.g.) and talked with people from these countries, who know about this sort of thing?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 AM

769 posts, read 887,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Unless some of the leaders step up and make this sort of thing illegal, and prosecute it, and at the same time start an education campaign and just work patiently through a couple of generations.

Unfortunately, I don't think education solves this, because it is not based on myths about anything, it is purely based on culture and the way an entire section of our planet views women. If find the treatment of women in that section of the world so despicable I support full blown intervention by the rest of the world. Respecting culture should get bulldozed in the wake of such disregard for human rights. Guess that is just the progressive in me coming out.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:22 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
But I dont know. Has anyone ever gone on a msg board (e.g.) and talked with people from these countries, who know about this sort of thing?
Strangely enough I don't ever recall coming across any Muslim women from extremist circumstances on message boards and I can only assume that actually having a computer and using it to speak to other people would result in some kind of heinous & torturous punishment for a woman.

OF the men I have spoken to on message boards about this kind of thing I've heard numerous types of rationalization and justification for the abhorent behaviour which eventually usually ends in me being labelled a western ***** or some other zealous rant for daring to question said behaviour in the first place.

OF the Muslims I have come across in day to day life I've seen no indication that this kind of behaviour would be considered let alone tolerated BUT then I've know seemingly perfectly nice blokes in public that have no problem going home and beating the living hell out of their wifes or girlfriends so **shrug** what the hell would I know?

Hairy I can't look at it. (the article) Just the thread title and your original post have made my blood boil and I probably shouldn't be here in this thread at all as the subject matter makes me so wild I could actually be violent myself. I cannot tell you just how angry this kind of thing makes me. It would completely enrage me to hear that they were doing it to animals but knowing that they do it to human beings......

Old 02-05-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Strangely enough I don't ever recall coming across any Muslim women from extremist circumstances on message boards and I can only assume that actually having a computer and using it to speak to other people would result in some kind of heinous & torturous punishment for a woman.

OF the men I have spoken to on message boards about this kind of thing I've heard numerous types of rationalization and justification for the abhorent behaviour which eventually usually ends in me being labelled a western ***** or some other zealous rant for daring to question said behaviour in the first place.

OF the Muslims I have come across in day to day life I've seen no indication that this kind of behaviour would be considered let alone tolerated BUT then I've know seemingly perfectly nice blokes in public that have no problem going home and beating the living hell out of their wifes or girlfriends so **shrug** what the hell would I know?

Hairy I can't look at it. (the article) Just the thread title and your original post have made my blood boil and I probably shouldn't be here in this thread at all as the subject matter makes me so wild I could actually be violent myself. I cannot tell you just how angry this kind of thing makes me. It would completely enrage me to hear that they were doing it to animals but knowing that they do it to human beings......
I know how you feel Moonie

Actually I was in a pretty good mood today
Until I read this article. Usually the News doesn't ever effect my mood ( Unless its something like 9/11 bad)

But this really rubbed me the wrong way today
Maybe I'm just getting crumpier because I'm getting older
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies