Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Click all that apply
I have smoked Marijuana before 105 63.25%
I have not smoked Marijuana before 43 25.90%
I believe Marijuana should be legal 98 59.04%
I believe Marijuana should stay illegal 25 15.06%
Other 7 4.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
K-2 is incense treated with a chemical that simulates cannibinoids. I'm not one for chemicals. Ask your kids or grandkids where to get Mj (if you have them).
Have a buddy in Maine who got arrested with 80 plants. They gave him 3 months probation and a misdemeanor. Love your state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Big push locally here to make K-2 illegal.

I've never smoked pot, never plan to (not a fan of smoking in general, be it tobacco, pot, banana peels, etc.), but don't see any point in its being illegal if booze is legal.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:44 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Have a buddy in Maine who got arrested with 80 plants. They gave him 3 months probation and a misdemeanor. Love your state.
Here you can have up to 2.25 oz. and it's punishable by a fine, similar to a traffic ticket. We also have a medical marijuana law but as of yet, no dispensaries. It seems they weren't prepared for the overwhelming vote to allow dispensaries in the State and don't know how to go about it. It is difficult to obtain if you are older or disabled here. I am considering adding a few plants to the vegetable garden this year. I live in the boonies on a good sized piece of property. I'm just not sure that the deer won't eat it.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
If I had to venture a guess, I'd think that there are a few folks who still haven't exhaled from the 60's.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:14 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
If I had to venture a guess, I'd think that there are a few folks who still haven't exhaled from the 60's.
LMAO! Could be. I'm legal here. I have a diagnosed nuerological disorder that falls under the short list of this State's conditions that are eligable for Med mj.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:00 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I had a bad accident when I was 18. They had me on a Morphine drip for almost two months. When they cold turkey pulled it, I can't describe the agony. I went in at 175 very healthy pounds, and was down to 130. I looked like a sack of bones. Well, one day the doc comes in, asks me if I had any bros on the outside who could get me "some of that wacky tobaccy". So I calls up my buddy, he brings me in some fresh harvest one hit wonder. I had carte blanche to toke up in the hospital. I put on weight, even hospital food tasted great, and my mood was severely better about having to be stuck in a bed watching Tom and Jerry. It also helped with the pain, without having to worry about withdrawl symptoms. Bottom line is, grass should be legal. It does less hurt than alcohol. That booze is legal and pot is not never ceases to amaze me. there is more damage done by people boozing it up in one day, nationwide, than pot does in two years, if you remove the gang and dealers from the equation. So, why don't we just remove the latter, by making the stuff legal. It IS just a plant for petes sake. Plant a seed, it grows, how do you make that illegal? Arrest God?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i was astounded in my last job that all those baby boomer people i worked with that got thru the 60's and 70's had never smoked dope, not one.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:05 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Quite honestly, legalizing and taxing the growth and usage of marijuana would:

Free up jails and prisons (which saves money)

AND

Bring in tax revenue (which brings in money)

With saving money and earning more money.. that would be great for many states who are looking at massive deficits.
Good idea about saving money. I wonder how many serving time for marijuana violations are in the custody of Corrections Corporation of America?

Old 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Interesting thread and good to see that liberals and conservatives agree on something and not blamin or bashing each other. I think it should be legal for the same reasons that have been mentioned here. I have believed this for years and alcohol is more harmful than marijuana. Anyone who believes that marijuana should be illegal should feel that way about alcohol. There are many prescription drugs that are far worse and being abused as well. Just because the government says it's bad or good (in the case of alcohol) does not make it so.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:28 PM

768 posts, read 942,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I had a bad accident when I was 18. They had me on a Morphine drip for almost two months. When they cold turkey pulled it, I can't describe the agony. I went in at 175 very healthy pounds, and was down to 130. I looked like a sack of bones. Well, one day the doc comes in, asks me if I had any bros on the outside who could get me "some of that wacky tobaccy". So I calls up my buddy, he brings me in some fresh harvest one hit wonder. I had carte blanche to toke up in the hospital. I put on weight, even hospital food tasted great, and my mood was severely better about having to be stuck in a bed watching Tom and Jerry. It also helped with the pain, without having to worry about withdrawl symptoms. Bottom line is, grass should be legal. It does less hurt than alcohol. That booze is legal and pot is not never ceases to amaze me. there is more damage done by people boozing it up in one day, nationwide, than pot does in two years, if you remove the gang and dealers from the equation. So, why don't we just remove the latter, by making the stuff legal. It IS just a plant for petes sake. Plant a seed, it grows, how do you make that illegal? Arrest God?
We might just get along after all.

Inspiring story, and I'm glad you're doing better. I'd burn one with ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies