Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 05:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"'My daughter and (her) baby are fine, and the baby is absolutely beautiful,' said the mother of the 11-year-old girl."

"Update: Her stepfather is the father"

What's with that mother?! How could you be so... dislocated as to sit by and watch your 11-year-old through a nine-month (I guess) pregnancy... knowing....

>yack<
Well, there's way too many women who think having a baby is the greatest thing to ever happen...and brainwash their daughters to believe it, too.
They don't care who or what get them pregnant , just as long as they are....this woman is one of them

Old 02-06-2010, 05:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So it's not the actual ACT of an abortion you object to....

just people having sex that you don't approve of...

Like I said..."""Oh, I see, choice is OK with anti-choice people if it's THEIR choice.......
If you consented to the sexual act with all the inherent risks involved, then you should accept the responsibility of the child conceived as a result. Rape victims had no say in the sexual act that caused the pregnancy and should be allowed an abortion if they do not wish to carry the baby to term.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
If you consented to the sexual act with all the inherent risks involved, then you should accept the responsibility of the child conceived as a result. Rape victims had no say in the sexual act that caused the pregnancy and should be allowed an abortion if they do not wish to carry the baby to term.
So you agree with:

""""So it's not the actual ACT of an abortion you object to....

Like I said..."""Oh, I see, choice is OK with anti-choice people if it's THEIR choice.......""""""

See, most anti-coice people say they're so concerned for the "baby".

You at least are honest enough to admit you want your morals inflicted on others and don't really care about the fetus.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
So in the post-privacy world you long for, it would be okay for anyone to get an abortion as long as she says she was raped?

Old 02-06-2010, 06:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
So it would be okay for anyone to get an abortion as long as she says she was raped?
Is there an accompanying police report - where there is confirmation of a rape - where a rape kit was use?

In such a case, even though I do not approve of abortion, there are situations where that opposition has to be set aside.

I oppose amputation of limbs. At the same time, amputation may be necessary to save the life of the individual.

Permission does not equal approval

Old 02-06-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you agree with:

""""So it's not the actual ACT of an abortion you object to....

Like I said..."""Oh, I see, choice is OK with anti-choice people if it's THEIR choice.......""""""

See, most anti-coice people say they're so concerned for the "baby".

You at least are honest enough to admit you want your morals inflicted on others and don't really care about the fetus.
Excuse me? I have no desire to "inflict my morals" on others. I do care about all unborn babies (fetuses) and do not wish to see abortion happen for ANY reason but I'm not about to tell a rape victim that she has to carry her rapist baby to term. That would be heartless, don't you think? Anyhow, I'm not really interested in debating futher with you because I already know that my words will be twisted around to support your stereotypes about conservatives. I'm not interested in playing that game anymore as I don't fit into those stereotypes.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
So in the post-privacy world you long for, it would be okay for anyone to get an abortion as long as she says she was raped?

I highly doubt that many women would lie about being raped so I am inclined to believe a woman when she states that she was a victim of rape. If she lies about it, then that is on her conscious.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Is there an accompanying police report - where there is confirmation of a rape - where a rape kit was use?

In such a case, even though I do not approve of abortion, there are situations where that opposition has to be set aside.

I oppose amputation of limbs. At the same time, amputation may be necessary to save the life of the individual.

Permission does not equal approval
Thank you Greatday! Just watch out, certain posters will twist your words around (we know whom I'm referring to).

Old 02-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Excuse me? I have no desire to "inflict my morals" on others. I do care about all unborn babies (fetuses) and do not wish to see abortion happen for ANY reason but I'm not about to tell a rape victim that she has to carry her rapist baby to term. """

No, but you're willing to "tell"(WHO ARE YOU???)other women what to do based on YOUR morals....again, who DO you think you are?

That would be heartless, don't you think? Anyhow, I'm not really interested in debating futher with you because I already know that my words will be twisted around to support your stereotypes about conservatives. I'm not interested in playing that game anymore as I don't fit into those stereotypes.
I did not twist your words....I just can't get you to accept the fact that you want to impose your MORALS on others and have no concern for the fetus as most opponents of abortion say they do.

The abortion in the case of rape or incest is EXACTLY the same thing in other abortions. Same actions, same results.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
I highly doubt that many women would lie about being raped so I am inclined to believe a woman when she states that she was a victim of rape. If she lies about it, then that is on her conscious.
You stated, "Rape victims had no say in the sexual act that caused the pregnancy and should be allowed an abortion if they do not wish to carry the baby to term."

Dont see how your words are being "twisted" (); the holes in them are big enough to drive a truck through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies