Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:58 PM

303 posts, read 563,554 times

Advertisements

I am looking for people who would be willing to help in the fight for healthcare reform. I, along with more than 3500 people, were on a call with the good senator today. Please PM me if you can help and I'll provide instructions.

We need healthcare reform now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 07:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglywump View Post
I am looking for people who would be willing to help in the fight for healthcare reform. I, along with more than 3500 people, were on a call with the good senator today. Please PM me if you can help and I'll provide instructions.

Healthcare reform or insurance reform? There's a difference. Your boy Franken would be wise to start over instead of pushing through this "healthcare reform" bill that is nothing but a boon for Big Insurance.

Think about it. Why would Big Insurance agree to government competition if there wasn't a mandate included? A mandate means fines and/or jail time for non-compliance. Is that the America you want to live in?

And then ask yourself why you believe government can manage another entitlement program in light of its failure to effectively administer our current entitlement programs?

Big Al better have some good answers for you; otherwise you're just another person following Democrats right off the cliff.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:

We might need health care reform; but we do not need, nor do we want government run "health care", which is no health care at all.

Franken is an entertainer, nothing more. He stole the election. Why would you consult with that idiot? What in the world would he know about "health care reform"? Nothing. He is an air head, and one reason why Air(head) America failed. If they had actually put someone on the air with brains, they might not have gone under.

Did you see what that ass did on the Senate floor to Joe Leiberman?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Healthcare reform or insurance reform? There's a difference. Your boy Franken would be wise to start over instead of pushing through this "healthcare reform" bill that is nothing but a boon for Big Insurance.

Think about it. Why would Big Insurance agree to government competition if there wasn't a mandate included? A mandate means fines and/or jail time for non-compliance. Is that the America you want to live in?

And then ask yourself why you believe government can manage another entitlement program in light of its failure to effectively administer our current entitlement programs?

Big Al better have some good answers for you; otherwise you're just another person following Democrats right off the cliff.
And "big Al" being just an entertainer, who stole the election, has no clue what he is doing, let alone have any ideas about health care.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:24 PM

He is not just "big Al." He happens to be a senator from the Great State of Minnesota who is trying to do something to improve this country!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
He is not just "big Al." He happens to be a senator from the Great State of Minnesota who is trying to do something to improve this country!
Depends on your definition of "improve."

If a mandate is your idea of an "improvement," then you're on the losing side of this argument. The moderate conservative majority in this country does not appreciate, nor will it accept, a Big Government intrusion that includes fines and/or jail time.

Liberals have yet to accept this fact, and still push for a policy that will fail at the doorsteps of the Hart Senate Office Building.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to listen to Big Al yank his own chain, go for it.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Both, actually. We cannot afford these rising healthcare costs.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Depends on your definition of "improve."

If a mandate is your idea of an "improvement," then you're on the losing side of this argument. The moderate conservative majority in this country does not appreciate, nor will it accept, a Big Government intrusion that includes fines and/or jail time.

Liberals have yet to accept this fact, and still push for a policy that will fail at the doorsteps of the Hart Senate Office Building.
Oh, please. Medicare goes broke in 2017. The truth is we cannot sustain this current course of action.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, please. Medicare goes broke in 2017. The truth is we cannot sustain this current course of action.
Yet Democrats are cutting $500B from Medicare. Tell me what this does to help the 2017 situation?

Is this the plan you're pushing for?

Medicare is only half the battle. Millions of people won't be on Medicare. Are you pushing for an entitlement program like Medicare? If not, what are you looking for?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM

And, look, neither of you will help me. Ok. I want people to come forward who will help me. You two are extremely short-sighted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies