Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:36 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,672,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
Many did not claim Bush was chosen by God...Bush said that himself.
Actually, a LOT of evangelicals believed God had chosen him - what with all his lipservice to them and his using their brand of religion as his therapy to overcome alcoholism and illegal drug abuse. It backfired in the end and led to the generational fracturing of the evangelical movement, but especially early on I heard that line about Bush being chosen by God a lot on Christian radio and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,672,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikeman View Post
God had nothing to do with his being elected; that was the result of a bunch of idiots.
Bush too, but he was the lesser of the evils.
grumblegrumble...everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot...grumblegrumble...I choose to ignore the recovering economy...grumblegrumble...

Old 02-06-2010, 05:58 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,462,418 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Factsplease
Have you considered finding a new church?
Actually I did, but only because I moved away. But once I moved I didn't feel like going to church for a good six months--mostly because I was sick of the "Jesus is a Republican and so should you" BS. I'm fine if Christians want to vote Republican, but when you start telling ME that how I should vote as a Christian, THEN I get mad. Finally I found a good Mennonite church a month ago that's more in line with my beliefs, and where I don't feel judged for being left wing.

See, when you're theology is conservative but your politics are liberal, it's almost impossible to find a good match.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:11 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
I thought the question was to be answered by Christians.
People who are supposed to accept, acknowledge and not Judge one another.

President Obama is a gift from above. Period.

The only Ass Clowns are those who judge him because of his color instead of his worth.
As a born-again believer and follower of Christ I beg to differ with you. Obama is no more a gift from God than was Caesar, Hitler, Jimmy Carter, George Bush..... If we did judge Obama for his worth he clearly falls short.

The Bible is clear about the role world leaders play in his plan. The problem is that people in the US think Christianity revolves around them. They are sadly mistaken. We have done more to pollute, denigrate and water down Christianity than any other nation in history. We have some of the most wonderful, caring Christians in the world and we have some of the most egocentric, self-centered Christians in the world.

Thank God for his word.

Romans 3:21-26

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— 22the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. 26It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:38 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The Bible is clear about the role world leaders play in his plan. The problem is that people in the US think Christianity revolves around them. They are sadly mistaken. We have done more to pollute, denigrate and water down Christianity than any other nation in history. We have some of the most wonderful, caring Christians in the world and we have some of the most egocentric, self-centered Christians in the world.

The bigger problem is that Christians beliueve the world revolves around them. There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history, to believe only one is valid is just that, belief, not fact.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,914,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The bigger problem is that Christians beliueve the world revolves around them. There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history, to believe only one is valid is just that, belief, not fact.
Most religions believe that theirs is the true religion. That is not a Christian issue alone.

Only God knows the truth and the truth will set you free.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:43 AM

29,982 posts, read 18,554,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Since all things are pre-ordained by God, isnt electing Obama his choice?

And, by going against the wishes of God, aint that anti-Christian?

Of course! Just as was Hitler, Stalin, and Jimmy Carter. Ultimately, despite what appears to be unjust and inexplicable, things happen for a reason and are ultimately rectified. When Obama is defeated next election, it will usher in another Reagan. So despite the misery and incompetence now, it will be worth it in the end.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,307,356 times
Obama is the devil incarnate.
Anti-Christ
Beelzebub
Satan
Mephistopheles
Lucifer, take your pick.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,192,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Since all things are pre-ordained by God, isnt electing Obama his choice?

And, by going against the wishes of God, aint that anti-Christian?

oh brother!
Obama got elected because a whole bunch of folks bought into a line of BS
had nothing to do with God
God tells us to use wisdom, was wisdom used for this hack to get elected?
Hell no!
God says, if you do not have wisdom, then ask for it, think the folks did that when it came for voting for this clown?
Hell no
Now folks have gotten what they voted for, they are sorry.
Obama real self is shinning and what is happening?
He is desprate, he is telling folks to quit watching TV, 'cause, gosh, all they talk about is politics!! Yikes!! LOL LOL LOL
And at the prayer meeting he is ranting about his policies, that has always been a place of non-politics, not with Mr O~~
So, do I think God got Obama elected??
Not on your life!

Old 02-06-2010, 08:36 AM

418 posts, read 1,087,343 times
Preordained by Acorn, not God by any means of the imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies