Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2010, 01:38 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It's funny how "Keynesian" has become a mainstream word
Oh, I don't know. If you're a bot-programmer, what you do is fire them all up by appealing to their fears and insecurities and frustrations, but then you have to provide them with some sort of outlet to focus all that negative energy and emotion on. Remember "secular humanists"? That was one of Jerry Falwell's. And after he merged with the GOP, there was "tax-and-spend liberals". You still hear that one now and then. "America-haters" had a nice run. I bet you were called that a time or two. Then there were "elites", particularly "intellectual elites". I don't know if Keynesians are a subset of intellectual elites or a stand-alone group, but they've been one of the latest things to focus hate and anger on since all those positive numbers about the stimulus bill started coming out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is a perfect reflection of a liberal's view of the general public. They really believe that the general public is ignorant and that only the liberal is enlightened, and therefore "fit to rule". It is shocking, but they really think this way. This is why totalitarian rule is so appealing to them, as they feel a "benevolent" dictatorship by the "enlightened" over the ignorant masses is the best system for the nation, as only they really know what is best for other people. Unbelieveable!
Wow a broad negative generalization of the opposing side. How pointless.

Perhaps you should consider your own views and the flaws and negative implications that everyone else can generalize about yourself as well.

Or are you really Holier than all the rest of us?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:57 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Default IRONY of preemptive blame!!!

The irony was not lost on me that Hayek principles rammed down everyones throat disrupting regulations on the books were key instrument of financial meltdown. America was left vulnerable to exploitation. Thank neocons tinkering way over their own heads selling an experimental economic plan nobody but crooks understood. It's everyones fault for trusting them-- caveat emptor.

Blame shifting spin zone: The first instinct of crooks is to blame the innocent for their own crime. Wolf in sheeps clothing has been successful for many years in Rove camp. When this becomes political habit, that party loses all credibility. Trouble is you cannot fool all the people all the time. Hayek/ chicago boys theory was used/ abused. Too bad they couldn't stand on merits of argument; ie presenting viable plans with free will respected. You lose, and anyone who votes your way loses with you (at the very price of sovereignty & free will you claim to champion!!).

Old 02-06-2010, 01:59 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
There is nothing intellectual about Keynesians. It's philosophies tend to converge towards a hybrid of Jack Van Impe and Marie Laveau.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,044,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Americans Reject Keynesian Economics - Rasmussen Reports™

One good thing to come out of obama's push to implement his big ticket, massive government expansion agenda - the country is reminded of WHY far left democrats do not occupy the Oval Office very often.

This is a perfect lesson of the evils of liberalism.
Oh and sanrene, that Keynesian theory is not the only thing Americans reject.

"A Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey, for example, found that although 52% of the nation's voters retain a favorable view of President Obama, only 38% have a similar appraisal of the Democratic Party. The Republicans fare even worse; just 30%, fewer than

1 in 3 voters, view the GOP favorably.

A recent CBS News poll found that nearly half of all Republicans, 45%, disapprove of their party's congressional delegation.

A national Washington Post/ABC News poll found that just 24% of Americans, fewer than 1 in 4, trust congressional Republicans, like Shelby, "to make the right decisions for the country's future."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What, oh what could be the explanation for this deficit of trust?

"Outside the Senate, Shelby's conduct would be called extortion; inside the chamber, it's a "parliamentary tactic."

It's also the sort of shabby situation that brings into sharp focus both the sources of congressional dysfunction and the popular discontent on both the left and right with the congressional parties. Earmarks and pork are anathema to a majority of conservatives and independents; the Senate's outdated, made-for-obstruction rules and susceptibility to special interests are a source of increasing frustration to liberals and some independents. Yet, here we have one senator from one Southern state obstructing with impunity an entire nation's business -- purely for his narrow constituency's financial interests."

Old 02-06-2010, 02:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
There is a zero percent probability that a salaried employee trolls on CD and makes nearly 400K. However, I'm sure it makes them FEEL better about themselves trying to convince others that is indeed the case.
Exactly. Like we should believe such grandiose claims...heard them before...always a bunch of BS.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
There is nothing intellectual about Keynesians. It's philosophies tend to converge towards a hybrid of Jack Van Impe and Marie Laveau.
Summers, you couldn't provide a treatise on Keynesian economics if your life depended on it.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:10 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Summers, you couldn't provide a treatise on Keynesian economics if your life depended on it.
Nor can those who study it.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Absolutely not. Just takes all my time refuting the lies and distortions by your ilk.
Translation; You have nothing to offer in dispute.

Quote:
Your demonstrated lack of understanding basic economic principles does not do well to support your assertions.

If you, someone who spends all day and night posting about these issues doesn't grasp the most basic concepts, how would the general public approached for a poll?

Every nation uses the same basic tools and, last I checked, every nation was in full recovery.
So far, nothing you've posted has disputed anything I've said.

Every nation in full recovery, huh? I guess you aren't up to date on what's happening in the EU - if you can peel yourself away from the obama propaganda website, where you obviously get your info, you will find a whole lot of "news" out there on the subject.

Quote:
Cutting and pasting your favorite stat again! I thought you might have an original idea to offer. Anyway, you can use timelines or whatever you want to buffer your argument, but the fact is Reagan's approval ratings dropped to well below 40% while unemployment went up in his first couple years. Libs were saying just what you are now.
More hogwash.

Quote:
That's funny - twice now you've revealed that your core motivation is a vendetta against the 78% of the population that turned on Bush and basically ragged on him for the last 3 years of his failed presidency.

The fact that you are a supporter of one of the worst presidents of all time (rated 36 out of 43 by historians) suggests your track record is not one to be taken seriously.
Who cares what liberal historians have to say? In case you haven't noticed, I am WITH over half the country in terms of obama and his presidency. People now realize what a monumental mistake they made. They are rejecting, by wide margins, ALL his big ticket, liberal ideas.

Quote:
Oh, I get it. You are an ideologue who thinks the market is this magical place that, left to its own devices, will solve all our problems. History and life prove otherwise.
The history of our nation proves me right.

Quote:
The job-loss rates are plummeting, the temp hire rates are increasing... good signs.
Did you even bother to read the report yourself, or have you just relied on the regurgitated talking points from obama and the Left?

I'd say anyone who was NOT aware of what the CBO said back in 2009, before obama's stimulus, is bereft of the basics of economics.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-06-2010 at 02:44 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 02:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Oh, I don't know. If you're a bot-programmer, what you do is fire them all up by appealing to their fears and insecurities and frustrations, but then you have to provide them with some sort of outlet to focus all that negative energy and emotion on. Remember "secular humanists"? That was one of Jerry Falwell's. And after he merged with the GOP, there was "tax-and-spend liberals". You still hear that one now and then. "America-haters" had a nice run. I bet you were called that a time or two. Then there were "elites", particularly "intellectual elites". I don't know if Keynesians are a subset of intellectual elites or a stand-alone group, but they've been one of the latest things to focus hate and anger on since all those positive numbers about the stimulus bill started coming out...
Labels are important. It is a lot easier than addressing the problems. I would think, even hawkeye, as a physician would recognize the value of stopping the hemorrhaging, so that the patient can stay alive long enough to be cured. Which is what the Keynesian approach is intended to do. There certainly can be some arguments as to specific target selections of the stimulus, but hard to refute that the effort has been effective. However, focusing on a convenient label to demonize, is an all too familiar ploy used by Pundits to mobilize their minions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies