Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,859,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I really can't get too worked up over the problems in other societies, especially ones that have been around much longer than us. Yes, I feel bad for them. And in some ways they probably feel bad for us. But it's not OUR PLACE to rule the world. Really, it's not.
It is not just in other societies. Sharia law is making its way into Western countries. In England it has a very strong foothold through the door. IN Ireland there is a bill that has been put forward to accomodate Sharia law in the hopes of attracting Islamic business investments.

IMO, American women should be vigilant against allowing Sharia law gaining acceptance in the United States. Is this something we want for our daughters and grand-daughters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is more global "human rights" than first-world, western "feminism."

Still, how refreshing to see a right winger giving the thumbs up to anything regarding human rights.
Keep you labels to yourself delusianne. I am not any "winger".

Old 02-06-2010, 02:46 PM

571 posts, read 942,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It is not just in other societies. Sharia law is making its way into Western countries. In England it has a very strong foothold through the door. IN Ireland there is a bill that has been put forward to accomodate Sharia law in the hopes of attracting Islamic business investments.

IMO, American women should be vigilant against allowing Sharia law gaining acceptance in the United States. Is this something we want for our daughters and grand-daughters?
Don't worry; this won't happen and if it does it won't be until after your great-grandchildren are long gone. Our Constitution states that all are allowed to have a civil trial under the law- not a Sharia trial.

Actually I wish there would be a movement for something like this to happen because it'd be so nice to see liberals and conservatives agree 100% in their opposition to something.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,312,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
So what do you think we do, invade their countries and convert them to good ol' US of A freedom, hurrah? Send thousands of our brave young men marching into death for people that don't even live on the same hemisphere as them? So they can be shot at, paralyzed, or even worse killed, and watch as their dreams are destroyed before their very eyes?

Also, true conservatives are isolationists... don't tell me you're pro-life too because what you're proposing would be hypocrisy of the highest degree.
Where have I ever said that we need to invade other countries or convert them to accept Western values?? For what it's worth, I am pro-choice, but I fail to see how that has anything to do with this thread.

Allow me to direct you to another thread where I have stated my beliefs on what I personally think we could/should be doing.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rl-buried.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
she also believes that the world needs to understand that Islam is not a religion of peace, it is a religion of war.

Theo Van Gogh had his head pretty much chopped off in the streets because of the film he made about her writings ... I'd say she's right.
It is a religion of war. It was founded on the life and teachings of Muhammed who spread this "religion" by attacking and conquering innocents and hanging/murdering/enslaving those who did not convert. Never mind his status as a pedophilliac polygamist, but that's a story for another thread.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,339,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
she also believes that the world needs to understand that Islam is not a religion of peace, it is a religion of war.

Theo Van Gogh had his head pretty much chopped off in the streets because of the film he made about her writings ... I'd say she's right.
A lot of relevence between the two stories
FileRoom.org - Dutch film maker Theo van Gogh murdered by Moroccan Islamists in Amsterdam

not a lot of people know about this incident, but luckily some like to be informed.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntamedOhioan View Post
Don't worry; this won't happen and if it does it won't be until after your great-grandchildren are long gone. Our Constitution states that all are allowed to have a civil trial under the law- not a Sharia trial.

Actually I wish there would be a movement for something like this to happen because it'd be so nice to see liberals and conservatives agree 100% in their opposition to something.
You say it will not happen here but Obama has at least one Czar in his shadow cabinet who support Sharia law in the US: Dalia Mogahed.

Citibank is developing Islamic financial systems to accomodate Sharia law.

And, the government is being held less and less accountable to uphold the Constitution as is their duty and sworn oath. So, don't look to the Constitution to protect American women from an acceptance of Sharia law as happened in England in late 2008.

Sharia only has to creep in quiety until it becomes so common that people wonder why they didn't notice it before, kind of like kudzu. Sharia has not been shut down in any country where it was able to gain a foothold.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Keep you labels to yourself delusianne. I am not any "winger".
you know what they say about the name callers.
It's a gift in disguise, though, like I mentioned in another thread. One of those easy ways to identify the special people in the world..

and thanks for reminding me about the banking thing. I've been meaning to yell at my dad for rolling that out at his bank as well. They'll start small, but eventually snake their way into everything before anyone even notices. Unless you chop off the head of course

Old 02-06-2010, 03:10 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
what about getting worked up over a fellow human? and how is throwing some support behind them trying to rule the world? I 100% support any woman that leaves a muslim culture or any other cult for that matter. I also completely support any man or child that wants to escape.

It is not a religion of peace, it is Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

I sincerely understand what your saying about caring about another fellow Human. I really do understand. In defence of Ceece she does feel bad, however in a society as the one where the women comes from, I honestly see no change. Their culture, has not treatend their women as Humans in my opinion at all, and honestly don't see too much change there any time soon. It is sad, whenever a Women is treated like this, no matter what Country she hails from. But we cannot change the way so many Countries view things that are so indifferent to our thinking. It is just sad that the men in these Countries, Hold their Women back, in so many ways.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
you know what they say about the name callers.
It's a gift in disguise, though, like I mentioned in another thread. One of those easy ways to identify the special people in the world..

and thanks for reminding me about the banking thing. I've been meaning to yell at my dad for rolling that out at his bank as well. They'll start small, but eventually snake their way into everything before anyone even notices. Unless you chop off the head of course
How odd that you think noting that some one is a "right winger" is "name calling." lifelongMOgal's every post is absolutely synched to the right wing line. Sorry if you dont like it.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:38 PM

So you are not using it as a derogatory term? Do you also enjoy tea bagging others? I know that's a popular one around here as well and not just for the gay guys...
but yeah, MOgal is a very well informed gun owner and isn't a cheerleader for obama, so she must be one of them damn right wingers. those bastids

but like I said, it's all good. It's like a secret code for some of us. We get it and we appreciate it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies