Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 07:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You know what was missing from her speech?

ummm, ahhhh, duhhh, tuhhh, ehhh, errrr.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp0hU...eature=related
This speech Obama gave in Aman, Jordan.
Here's what was missing from Palin's (the TOPIC) speech:

What is her stance/plans on ending the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? (I haven't heard it)

How would she energize the American economy and create jobs? ( I haven't heard her plans)

What is her stance on illegal immigration? (I haven't heard that).

What does she plan to do about lobbyists(ya know, the ones her DAUGHTER'S company will represent)?

I have heard her infantile criticism of Obama but NEVER a coherent plan, stance, platform....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 07:26 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

What is her stance/plans on ending the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? (I haven't heard it)

How would she energize the American economy and create jobs? ( I haven't heard her plans)

What does she plan to do about lobbyists(ya know, the ones her DAUGHTER'S company will represent)?

I have heard her infantile criticism of Obama but NEVER a coherent plan, stance, platform....
This woman is so clueless she can't even get the basic information about the state she once governed right. During her interview with Chris Wallace, she claimed that Alaska produced 20% of the U.S energy. This is not the only time she has made this claim and each and everytime she has made it she has been WRONG. Alaska ONLY produce 5%.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 PM

56 posts, read 84,470 times
Is this the where she was caught with notes written on the palm of her hand? As a newscaster she should know a tele-prompter works far better.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standbyme View Post
Is this the where she was caught with notes written on the palm of her hand? As a newscaster she should know a tele-prompter works far better.
Oh, you're new here...see, it's like this...the Repugs in here think a teleprompter is a tool of the Devil,they think no one but Obama has used one before (and really got upset about it!) and anyone who uses one is stupid...no, really , they do...

(PSST! They are kinda dumb and don't know how common teleprompters are...)

Old 02-08-2010, 08:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Oh, you're new here...see, it's like this...the Repugs in here think a teleprompter is a tool of the Devil,they think no one but Obama has used one before (and really got upset about it!) and anyone who uses one is stupid...no, really , they do...

Exactly!

Last edited by calipoppy; 02-08-2010 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: to add

Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:

Maybe you do not here her proposing all the answers to your questions because she is not running for president? I don't hear Chris Matthews, Maddow, Olberman, or Couric offer any of their own plans either, then again they are held to a lower standard, which makes sense because none of them can compare to Sarah Palin.

BTW, when did Palin become the answer girl for you?

Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:

There is a difference between any politician or public speaker using a teleprompter, and 0bama, who has been so dependent upon them that he becomes a freaking joke.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe you do not here her proposing all the answers to your questions because she is not running for president? I don't hear Chris Matthews, Maddow, Olberman, or Couric offer any of their own plans either, then again they are held to a lower standard, which makes sense because none of them can compare to Sarah Palin.

BTW, when did Palin become the answer girl for you?
So Palin is NOT going to run for office?

So some people like Palin because she just whines about Obama?

OK. Then she probably has as much chance of winning an election as Matthews, Olbermann , Couric or Limbaugh.....good.

I guess I thought some people might like her because she had some good plans or ideas or something....obviously nothing....

Old 02-08-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
There is a difference between any politician or public speaker using a teleprompter, and 0bama, who has been so dependent upon them that he becomes a freaking joke.
UH, duh,,,,I think Obama IS a public speaker and a politician.....AND, he has spoken many times without a teleprompter.....hope you don't find fire evil.....

Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
...and what makes you the authority on teleprompter usage? Are you the natiional statistician for the teleprompter industry? What makes all this hoopla about using a teleprompter so ridiculous, is the fact that it is such an inane issue to begin with. It is reminiscent of childhood and comparing whose father can beat whose father up. Really now, is that the best ya got?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies