Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
 
15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Reputation: 7413

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Another lame excuse for flunking college, disguised as a rant against liberalism.
Another assumption, of which you seem to make plenty. I graduated high school at 16, and then GWU at 20 (4.0 GPA over three years), and a career beginning in 1980. Unlike many, I was able to finish in 3 years because I didn't spend 2 of them drinking beer and acting like a fool. And I rejected the liberal nonsense then, just as I do now. I never bought that liberal BS for a nanosecond.

There are free thinkers in this world, and then there are the non-thinkers. You think I haven't already heard every word of this tripe? I promise you, you've presented nothing unique ... just the same regurgitated nonsense that's been whispered in your ear. It's old, it's tired, and most everyone knows what nonsense it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
 
4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No, you look, you really do care what I do in my own home, so don't lie about it ... the liberal freaks in California want to ban people from smoking a cigarette in their own homes. There are simply no limits to the hatred of personal freedoms, eclipsed only by the sadistic fetish liberals have with government jack boots as they stomp upon freedom. The shear arrogance of your self anointed right to tell everyone else what they can and can't do is why you will never become a majority.

Furthermore, there is nothing scientific or otherwise in comparing drinking one beer and 20 beers, let alone equating drinking one beer to killing people on the highway. I wish you liberals would direct some of that high minded concern for life toward the 49.5 MILLION babies aborted since 1973, that you are so quick to celebrate in a display of morbid inhumanity.

Now, I personally believe that a bunch of male bureaucrats shouldn't be dictating to women what to do with their bodies, so I'm pro choice even though I may personally disagree with abortion. I just find it rather telling as to the liberal mindset that so strongly celebrates abortions on such a large scale. The hypocrisy is never ending ... you want to ban guns because they are dangerous and kill, with gun grabbing liberals literally coming out of the woodwork if a child gets killed, grateful for the opportunity to exploit the tragedy not because you care about children, but because you love your own causes. Then, you celebrate aborting a Million infants each year as if there is no contradiction.

But the contradiction doesn't stop there ... in the most outrageous display of hypocrisy imaginable, the liberals want to deny the rights of individuals selectively as they solely decide according to their lack of values, only to turn around and scream bloody murder if the world doesn't immediately recognize their demands for legal protection and social acceptance of a host of deviant behaviors.

You're still the minority in this country, and thank God for that. Even the 23% of you out there who thinks they can dictate to the other 77% generates more than enough stench to choke the rest of us to death.

But more and more people are waking up to the fact that the "liberal" message contains zero reason and even less common sense. The liberal days are fading fast ... not fast enough, but fading nonetheless.

Bye-bye
You're losing it. The only thing I ever asked you to do on this thread was to explain why you think drunk driving laws are an example of "liberal extremism". Why are reasonable laws to protect people from getting killed by drunk drivers labeled as extremist? I gave you the scientific rationale for the reduction in BAL threshold (i.e. why even 1 beer is too much, given the unpredictability in alcohol metabolism among different people). You could not give me a credible response beyond 5th grade level juvenile strawman arguments. Instead, you go off multiple tangents about abortion, freaks in California, fetishism, guns, cigarettes, etc etc.....Really, you are a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 10:08 PM
 
4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Another assumption, of which you seem to make plenty. I graduated high school at 16, and then GWU at 20 (4.0 GPA over three years), and a career beginning in 1980. Unlike many, I was able to finish in 3 years because I didn't spend 2 of them drinking beer and acting like a fool. And I rejected the liberal nonsense then, just as I do now. I never bought that liberal BS for a nanosecond.

There are free thinkers in this world, and then there are the non-thinkers. You think I haven't already heard every word of this tripe? I promise you, you've presented nothing unique ... just the same regurgitated nonsense that's been whispered in your ear. It's old, it's tired, and most everyone knows what nonsense it is.

Given the way you argued on this thread (i.e. inability to present a coherent argument, making points rife with fallacies and irrelevancies), I'm convinced you didn't finish grade school. You're not a free thinker. You're just a 5th grader who got denied his lollipop. wahhh..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 PM
 
15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Reputation: 7413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Given the way you argued on this thread (i.e. inability to present a coherent argument, making points rife with fallacies and irrelevancies), I'm convinced you didn't finish grade school. You're not a free thinker. You're just an 5th grader who got denied his lollipop. wahhh..
How mature of you.

I was pretty thorough in my explanations ... you're the only one that seems to be confused.

Reminds me of the woman who's been married 9 times and keeps complaining about her poor luck. Never occurs to her that maybe ... just maybe SHE is the one with the problem ... but I digress.

You know exactly what I'm saying ... no one is that dense ... well .. maybe ...

It's OK to disagree ... It's perfectly acceptable to say you think I'm wrong. But stop with the "You still haven't explained .. blah, blah, blah." It just sounds ignorant.

I understand you ... and I think you're far less deft with the written word OK?

You think that because someone, somewhere, might not be able to drink one beer and drive safely, that anyone that drinks one beer and drives should go to jail. I'm I right? Sure I am .. because that's exactly what you are saying. I think that is NUTS. It's this irrational kind of thinking that leads to all sorts of other liberal absurdities that the rest of the THINKING world find so ridiculous. And there are countless unintended consequences to such ill conceived ideas. Want some examples of this zero tolerance insanity?

The 9 y.o. kid that was sent home and threatened with suspension from school recently ... driven to tears by a school principle because he had in his possession a 2 inch GI Joe gun ... not even a plastic toy gun, but a tiny little piece of plastic shaped like a riffle. What's more ridiculous was the numbskulls trying to justify this absurd lack of common sense, and I can't wait to here yours ... well yes I can wait ... forever if need be.

Want some more? How about the policy to not screen middle eastern looking individuals at airports after 911 (because that would be profiling, and politically incorrect) yet searching little old ladies and confiscating knitting needles seemed like a great idea?

What about the deal not letting pilots have a gun in the cockpit? They can be trusted to fly jumbo jets loaded with passengers, but can't be trusted with a gun?

There are endless examples of this nonsense that thinking people question, while the no-thinks just try to explain the inexplicable and justify the unjustifiable.

Perhaps one of the most puzzling of the bunch is why wars were such a terrible thing with liberals when Bush was in office, but wars are A-OK with Obama calling the shots? I'll tell you why .. because it wan't the wars that had your panties in a bunch .. it was a Republican President that you hated. That conservative President Bush. I got news for you .. Bush was more of a liberal than was Clinton! Bush was no conservative ... he didn't have a conservative bone in his body, and the liberals are just too freaking ignorant to even recognize one of their own ... they simply believed that he was the enemy because that's what they were told. The non-thinkers need to be told what to believe because they don't think for themselves.

But I'm not so steeped in ideological dogma to believe that only liberals are this way. There are a lot of so called conservatives just as ignorant ... and a bunch of them believed Bush was a conservative too. The non-thinking group are well represented by both conservatives and liberals alike ... there just seems to be more liberals ... probably just a matter of perception, because they're so annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 01:15 AM
 
4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Reputation: 1734
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
How mature of you.

I was pretty thorough in my explanations ... you're the only one that seems to be confused.

Reminds me of the woman who's been married 9 times and keeps complaining about her poor luck. Never occurs to her that maybe ... just maybe SHE is the one with the problem ... but I digress.

You know exactly what I'm saying ... no one is that dense ... well .. maybe ...

It's OK to disagree ... It's perfectly acceptable to say you think I'm wrong. But stop with the "You still haven't explained .. blah, blah, blah." It just sounds ignorant.

I understand you ... and I think you're far less deft with the written word OK?

You think that because someone, somewhere, might not be able to drink one beer and drive safely, that anyone that drinks one beer and drives should go to jail. I'm I right? Sure I am .. because that's exactly what you are saying. I think that is NUTS. It's this irrational kind of thinking that leads to all sorts of other liberal absurdities that the rest of the THINKING world find so ridiculous. And there are countless unintended consequences to such ill conceived ideas. Want some examples of this zero tolerance insanity?

The 9 y.o. kid that was sent home and threatened with suspension from school recently ... driven to tears by a school principle because he had in his possession a 2 inch GI Joe gun ... not even a plastic toy gun, but a tiny little piece of plastic shaped like a riffle. What's more ridiculous was the numbskulls trying to justify this absurd lack of common sense, and I can't wait to here yours ... well yes I can wait ... forever if need be.

Want some more? How about the policy to not screen middle eastern looking individuals at airports after 911 (because that would be profiling, and politically incorrect) yet searching little old ladies and confiscating knitting needles seemed like a great idea?

What about the deal not letting pilots have a gun in the cockpit? They can be trusted to fly jumbo jets loaded with passengers, but can't be trusted with a gun?

There are endless examples of this nonsense that thinking people question, while the no-thinks just try to explain the inexplicable and justify the unjustifiable.

Perhaps one of the most puzzling of the bunch is why wars were such a terrible thing with liberals when Bush was in office, but wars are A-OK with Obama calling the shots? I'll tell you why .. because it wan't the wars that had your panties in a bunch .. it was a Republican President that you hated. That conservative President Bush. I got news for you .. Bush was more of a liberal than was Clinton! Bush was no conservative ... he didn't have a conservative bone in his body, and the liberals are just too freaking ignorant to even recognize one of their own ... they simply believed that he was the enemy because that's what they were told. The non-thinkers need to be told what to believe because they don't think for themselves.

But I'm not so steeped in ideological dogma to believe that only liberals are this way. There are a lot of so called conservatives just as ignorant ... and a bunch of them believed Bush was a conservative too. The non-thinking group are well represented by both conservatives and liberals alike ... there just seems to be more liberals ... probably just a matter of perception, because they're so annoying.
You keep going off tangent with issues that have nothing to do with the topic on hand. Stick to the topic. We're not talking about Bush here or 911 here. Why is the drunk driving law a form of liberal extremism? Why is the fact that alcohol is metabolized differently in different people not a valid reason to impose a ban on all alcohol ingestion prior to driving? Why should that law be labeled "extremist" when it can very well be regarded a pragmatic policy grounded on empirical science? And where do you get the idea that I am a liberal? I could be a libertarian, or even a conservative, and still support pragmatic, science-based policies that protect the public.. But you seem to have erected this "liberal" strawman in your head against which you have piled up all your imagined grievances. I think there's something not clicking right in the cuckoo's nest up there. You need to see a shrink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
 
10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Reputation: 10021
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Since most young people today consider the ethnophobic, homophobic, and socially unaware mentality of today's conservatives "uncool" will that political philosophy be tossed onto the ash heap of American history?
"Today".....uh try like 15 years ago! The next generation of conservatives are going to abandon these neanderthal social conservative ideas and will embrace fiscal conservatism while joining the rest of the world with regard to social ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 AM
 
241 posts, read 267,325 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Very possible. Not die out completely, but liberals in America may be a very small minority. From tradition America is a very conservative country. Don't expect that to change.
This also dissolves the myth that Americans "celebrate differences". That is just a big crock, because Americans are basically conformists. The American ideal is that all Americans should think and behave alike.
Maybe in your sorry version of America, but certainly not in mine. Laughable..and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 01:41 AM
 
241 posts, read 267,325 times
Reputation: 130
As for the OP, I do think present forms of social conservatism are on the wane, but not fiscal conservatism. As for liberalism, I do think socially liberal ideals will just be seen as normal in the future. People just want to mind their own business, and live and let live. I guess social conservatives can claim that everyone wants a return to the 1950s, but I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 05:04 AM
 
3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Hahaha....what a juvenile post. Attacking science because it disagrees with your politics is an example of why no one should take you seriously. Not only that, you trivialize the concept of "freedom" by equating tyranny with the prohibition of drunk driving. You sound like an 8 yr old with rotting teeth who vows to wage revolution because you were deprived of your "right" to suck on your lollipop.

Look, no one's stopping you from drinking beer. I would even support your right to drink yourself to death in your home. What I oppose is your arrogant presumption that you have the right to kill others on the road, just so you can convince yourself that you are "free".
Actually when you are more attacking science than he is. After all, he is mentioning a perfectly valid statistic, which you are ignoring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 08:00 AM
 
1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Reputation: 1101
Yes and no.

People are becoming more and more tolerant of difference in race, religious beliefs and sexual preference. This is a good thing and a long time coming IMO.

However, I think we are only going to see an increase in people demanding more responsibility in spending from government officials. People are sick of the handouts, both to the corporations and to the lazy on welfare.

If we could find a fiscal conservative that was accepting of gays and promised to secure the border he or she would win in a landslide IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:31 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top