Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 01:26 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The real issue is that so many of us DO get some kind of government check, yet we're all enthusiastic about cutting off someone elses.' After all, we DESERVE ours...right?
I NEVER received a dime from the government.

If I ever get to the age to receive Soc Security I will accept that check, because I pay into it.

I don't believe that people who "cheat the system" should get the money or assistance they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Wow, you guys seem to know an awful lot of people on welfare.
I'm sure you know they lied and haven't provided refuting information to the agency in your state.
Therefore you are complicit in a crime.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm sure you know they lied and haven't provided refuting information to the agency in your state.
Prove it.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:52 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I know of 5 people in my city.
Dick Cheney is one. He cheated and lied in order to get us into the war in Iraq and now he gets plenty of welfare (taxpayer money) for his war profiteering machine. Anything else?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,154 times
Quote:
Yep... that was why I posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
And if you do know of any, why haven't you contacted the appropriate authorities?

I searched google and quickly found these sites:

Searching food stamp fraud:
FSSA: Fraud Hotline

Searching welfare fraud:
Reporting Welfare Fraud (each state has their own site)

Searching mecdicare fraud:
Medicare.gov - How to Report Medicare Fraud

Last edited by Bagger; 02-07-2010 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: Removed extraneous quote.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Of course they know who fathered the children. They lie to get welfare and to let the father off the hook for child support.
You mean like the FLDS women/mothers? I'm surprised that the Department of Welfare and Human Services hasn't caught on to the fact that 200 of their welfare recipients all live at the same address. You would think that the Brinks truck delivering the (welfare checks, food stamps, Medicaid, SS Disability for all of the children afflicted with various deformities that severe inbreeding causes, Section 8 housing vouchers) would have told them that. Yeah, you're right, they do lie to get welfare and let the polygamist "fathers" (sperm donors) off the hook for child support.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
I know of 5 people in my city.
I used to work with a lady who told the welfare office that she was single even though she was married to a man who made more than $1200 per month. She received food stamps, welfare and Medicaid for her and her children. I turned her in when I found out.

Here in the Missouri Ozarks, it seems that we have more people abusing the SSI laws (being on "disability") than anything else. Here if you have a pimple on your butt, you apply for disability. I have never seen so many, worthless, lazy, white trash people who are "disabled" in my life. It sure doesn't stop them from drinking beer, smoking cigarettes and watching television all day. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
Prove it.
Prove what?
If you can't prove it, then you're judging and making people guilty without having any proof.
If you have proof and are not turning it in, you're complicit.

This isn't rocket science.
Of course, I don't know how much logic can be found in the bible.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Prove what?
If you can't prove it, then you're judging and making people guilty without having any proof.
If you have proof and are not turning it in, you're complicit.

This isn't rocket science.
Of course, I don't know how much logic can be found in the bible.

Were we discussing the Bible somewhere?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
Were we discussing the Bible somewhere?
Most of the people complaining on this thread are thumpers.
You still haven't responded to the issue, is it because you can't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies