Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm not sure what they were trying to prove there with those sound bites that some of them were up to 10 years old but I know what kind of people they were playing to there and it wasn't a Palin lover, like me. The later ones sounded just like I thought she sounded from the beginning of the campaign.
What they were trying to prove is that there is a discrepancy between the way Palin has spoken to audiences since becoming VP pick as opposed to before that happened. Most of you in the lower 48 had never seen her on TV until the RNC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Gosh darn it, no....was going to go to happy hour but fat Mark's truck was out in front of the lodge and he's an idjit of the worst kind. So I'm home alone with a couple of Irish ales.
It sounds like fat Mark must be a conservative.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:10 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I got it, I got it! AFFIRMATIVE ACTION! That is the crap I bet he got more than his fair share of and is the reason he needs those teleprompters. CASE SOLVED!
FYI,
women (Sarah Palin) benefit from affirmative action, too.

Talking About Affirmative Action - National Organization for Women (NOW)

Old 02-07-2010, 09:11 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Because when i listen to her talk ...I'll be honest, I find her to be very unintelligent. Now I hear people that defend her say she's smart but every time she talks it sounds canned and she still does not sound intellectual enough that I would consider her a good political leader. Do alot of Alaskans talk like her ...is that regional?
No, she just sucks as a public speaker.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
He does indeed Roy. It sounds like he is stumbling over the word to sound intelligent and it just does not work. I am going to say this guy had a lot of, no make that a whole lot of............. What is that term Roy, wherereas they give blacks and minorities extra points for getting into the best schools and job considerations and the like. I have a mental blcok on that term, you know it is like an unequal advantage because your of color, quotas that sort of thing.

I'm gonna be really dissapointed in myself when you tell me but I will say I bet Obama got a lot of it along in his life. So much so that we have what I would call the missing years in the mans life. We don't have papers written or grades or even a birth certificate. Hell this guy could be from another planet. What do you call that when you get unfair advantage because of color or minority status?
I don't know what word you are looking for but then I often have to just stop typing and wrestle with myself to bring up all kinds of words and right now that is one of them that just escapes me.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times
Affirmative Action. I wonder if he got any extra votes for that! eh?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Those have all been locked up? Is that kind of like Obama's birth certificate, and all his educational records? Did this happen before or after her nomination that fateful fall? I know Obama's stuff was locked up quite a while before we knew about him as a person other than his keynote speech in 2004.
I don't know, Roy. I've always been more tuned in to state politics rather than national ones. I do know the clips were available for a short time after the nomination and then the Anchorage TV station claimed copyright and zipped them up.

Kind of a shame because she did rather well in her sportscasting job.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It sounds like fat Mark must be a conservative.
Actually, I believe that fat boy Mark is quite the liberal. He detests me because of an op/ed piece I wrote.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Blogs are just opinion pieces. They prove nothing.
I know about blogs but why were we linked to Firedog Lake? It is a blog.

So? That's how people from Pittsburgh talk, too!
I hardly think that Obama has ever lived in Pittsburgh. Has he?

I was at church.
Now I did watch that thing at 10:00 am my time and again at 1:00 my time. Hmmm, I wonder why they have it on so many times. BTW I watched on a local Fox channel and then on the News Channel.

No one ever accused Pittsburghers of having any kind of an elitist accent, which is where the uphill sentences come from. Never noticed that in Obama, or in anyone from Chicago. Hawaii has its own very distinctive accent, yet O doesn't have that either. Maybe cuz his mom was from. . . . drum roll. . . . . Kansas, and he picked up some of her speech patterns.
I have never heard anyone talk quite like he does with that very distinctive manner. Maybe he has developed his own thing or maybe he picked it up that year in Pakistan, you know, during the time when the US wouldn't let their people have a visa to go there. I just uncovered another thing that he has never offered to disprove.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:20 PM

Sorry Assila; I'd love to help you out but I'm hot on the trail of Sarah Heath's African roots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies