Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Selling insurance across state lines would be disastrous for consumers.
It would be like our trade policy: a race to the bottom.
Insurance companies will run to the state with the least amount of regulations and will sucker people from states that have more requirements.
Consumers will think they are getting the same kind of insurance as everyone else in their home state only to find out their health insurance company doesn't cover what they think it covers.

Another reason it's bad:

Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review: Selling Insurance Across State Lines--Now the Dems Are Pushing the Idea--Why It Won't Work

Across State Lines Explained | NewAmerica.net

The Debate Over Selling Insurance Across State Lines : NPR

Kinda hard to shop around when you're already sick.
While I disagree with a lot of your views I have to give you credit for arguing your point with links and having a civil debate. I've seen this (and it's a good thing) from a lot of your posts. Please keep it up.

PS. I'm too tired from work to read and make any kind of credible argument at this point..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 06:53 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
You are wrong. Single payer will be much less expensive. Private insurance operates on a 30% overhead. Single payer operated on a 2% overhead.
I wish we could be like Japan in which there is a set price for every procedure. No need to worry about what one doc will charge and what hospital will charge. Every procedure will cost the same no matter which doc you use or what hospital you stay in.

I see no reason why we couldn't have that here in America.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
While I disagree with a lot of your views I have to give you credit for arguing your point with links and having a civil debate. I've seen this (and it's a good thing) from a lot of your posts. Please keep it up.

PS. I'm too tired from work to read and make any kind of credible argument at this point..

I will admit I have had my moments where I wasn't so civil.

If it's one thing I try to do, it's back myself up with facts.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

I will admit I have had my moments where I wasn't so civil.

If it's one thing I try to do, it's back myself up with facts.
I'm guilty of that as well PurpleLove08; I wish I could take a lot of my posts back, at least the harsh way that I phrased them. I don't think there's a person on this forum that can claim otherwise.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I'm guilty of that as well PurpleLove08; I wish I could take a lot of my posts back, at least the harsh way that I phrased them. I don't think there's a person on this forum that can claim otherwise.
I claim

Old 02-08-2010, 08:51 PM

t r u t h o u t | Obama Administration Demands Anthem Blue Cross Justify Massive Rate Hikes

Old 02-08-2010, 08:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Pretty difficult to hold a civil or intellegent conversation with a group of people who choose to twist words and throw about baseless accusations.

I live a life of personal responsibility where I don't expect anyone else to be burdened to pick up the tab for my living expenses, including healthcare. This is the way I was raise.

If I could not afford my retirement, my healthcare, a roof over my head I would not go crying to the government to force other taxpayers to provide their hard earned dollars for my sustinance. Obviously there are those on this forum who have no problem with leaving the cost of their living to others. And we, as a society, suffer economically for that lack of personal responsibility in others. That is my opinion and I don't care if you flame me. Truth hurts.

I hear what your saying about words that seem to get the twist. I agree as you do, but there are some! who do expect you see, for the Government to take care of all their problems. I do have a problem with that. And your right, it is called a lack of perosnal responsibility, and that is my opinion also.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:12 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Yeah. Just let the industry regulate itself....

Interesting article.

It's too bad that so many will selectively read and pick out what they want to... and they'll probably quit reading before they read the last paragraph.

Note that Anthem is targeting people who have Individual policies with the 39% increase. And, they want to start "adjusting premiums more than once a year".

It's also really interesting that their profits are already through the roof...

I guess that our evil government shouldn't care about this increase....

This makes a really good argument for letting the industry self regulate, huh?

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-08-2010 at 09:38 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 09:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I hear what your saying about words that seem to get the twist. I agree as you do, but there are some! who do expect you see, for the Government to take care of all their problems. I do have a problem with that. And your right, it is called a lack of perosnal responsibility, and that is my opinion also.
Oh, for Pete's sake. Just how do you measure "personal responsibility"? I object to implications that b/c I disagree with someone, I don't believe in PR, nor was I raised correctly.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, for Pete's sake. Just how do you measure "personal responsibility"? I object to implications that b/c I disagree with someone, I don't believe in PR, nor was I raised correctly.
I wouldn't even waste my time with these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies