Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:41 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times

Advertisements

Well it looks like the same people that loved him still love him and those who think he was the anti-Christ still think he's the anti-Christ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am very happy with President Obama.

His election has brought to light the bigotry that has been seething in some folks for a long time. That is why the Tea Party movement sprang up the day after Obama was elected.
A black person "very happy" with Barack Obama? My goodness...who woulda thunk?

Marion Barry has the same level of support. Guess who his backers are? And take a guess how many times he's been to jail and still gets re-elected. Unwaivering support for these creeps does nothing but make a mockery of black people.

I shake my head in disbelief daily. So predictable its not even funny anymore.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
The Anti-Obama crowd can not get over the fact that he is still viewed as a great man by the majority of those who voted for him.

Then these same people want us to believe that Sarah Palin has an IQ of over 70. Complete nonsense.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Marion Barry has the same level of support. Guess who his backers are? And take a guess how many times he's been to jail and still gets re-elected. Unwaivering support for these creeps does nothing but make a mockery of black people.

Classic example of the bigoted views of the Right.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:53 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:

I'm not black & I still like Obama. Why do you feel the need to bring up race? Why is it always about race w/some people???

Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:

And white Republicans re-elected Ted Stevens days after the facts about him were revealed. Did you shake your head in disbelief about that too?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:54 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
I am very happy with President Obama.

His election has brought to light the bigotry that has been seething in some folks for a long time. That is why the Tea Party movement sprang up the day after Obama was elected.

Yup, those same racist people who put him in the WH is going to take his sorry butt right back out of the WH.

It's call performance, he has been a total failure in every aspect of the job and has failed us.

Without those racist you keep mentioning Obama has NO CHANCE in hell of getting to the WH.

You must accept the fact that he was a fraud and people got fooled.

It has nothing to do with race at all or he would not have been given the chance in the first place.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Classic example of the bigoted views of the Right.
Am I wrong?

I spoke the truth. Tell me where i'm wrong. I'll be glad to bend an ear in your direction when you're ready to prove otherwise.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:57 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
Before the wheels totally fall off of this one, let's try to bring it back to the land of the living...

If we want to have a sensible discussion about this, let's parse a few things out:

First, I, like many, voted for Obama not because he seemed like a messiah, but because he seemed like a preferable option. He seemed capable, thoughtful, and generally interested in making adjustments to various aspects of government and society that genuinely need changing.

I didn't think he had all the answers, but by the time the generals rolled around, it was Obama or anyone. It was Obama or McCain. Obama seemed the better choice.

A year in? It's hard to tell. Know how they say that to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs? Well, there are definitely broken eggs, and he's got a few years to make an omelet. I am disappointed he hasn't done more, but I'm also disappointed there isn't more of an open idea exchange going on across party lines. The Dems need to talk with the Republicans, but the Republicans need to understand that, in the words of Cheney, "elections have consequences". A little less obstructionism would be nice, but I get it. It's all a show. On both sides. Political theatre. Boring, but expected.

Am I enthused? Not really, but enthusiasm shouldn't be the ultimate decider of the success of a President. Let's see what he DOES given the time it takes to get things done in DC.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I'm not black & I still like Obama. Why do you feel the need to bring up race? Why is it always about race w/some people???

Am I wrong?

I spoke the truth. Tell me where i'm wrong. I'll be glad to bend an ear in your direction when you're ready to prove otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies