Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Biblical Creation or Evolution?
I'm a liberal and I believe in Creation 0 0%
I'm a liberal and I believe in Evolution 19 55.88%
I'm a conservative and I believe in Creation 7 20.59%
I'm a conservative and I believe in Evolution 8 23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,775 times

Advertisements

Evolution does not speak to creation. Creation deals with the origin of Man whereas evolution deals with how species evolve and mutate over time. So in essence evolution deals with the how not the why.

I'm a Conservative that accepts evolution. I also believe God created Man in His image as told in the book of Genesis.

In his 1996 address to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences His Holiness Pope John Paul II summed it up perfectly: 'Truth cannot contradict truth'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,763 times
Those who are against evolution or Darwinism or whatever else you want to call it have never read the book(s).

Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Human evolution is a distortion. Creation is a distortion. The history that I tend to hold as true is too unbelievable to write here. Let's just say that self-aware fully conscious humans have been on this planet for several hundred million years, perhaps longer. This planet has served as a living library for animal life since its creation but is currently serving as a prison for human life (that's about to change).

Political ideology doesn't really fit into this argument except to simplify it in general terms. I would expect the results to be that a higher number of conservatives believe in creation than liberals with the brunt of the voters registering a belief in evolution.
I believe that this planet is a type of pergatory for uneveloved beings and some are here to raise awareness. Very diffucult task indeed, when you have human beings with reptilian thought process (and we all know who they are here on CD) that are dense enough to believe and support some of the issues and people that lead these issues. No to hijack this thread, but as a perfect example...Bush was a good POTUS and kept us safe? Palin would make a good VP? If this is not reptilain, then I do not know what is! It is quite freaky to realize that some people actually believe in Creationism totally and do not accept any talk of evolution or any other rhyme or reason to the universe. Small minded reptiles.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,648,815 times
I'm a liberal but none of the poll choices fits my position, which is that the evidence supports the theory of evolution by natural selection. (IOW it's not just a belief.)

Old 02-08-2010, 01:49 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,928,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not voting, because I'm not a liberal or conservative, along with more than 50% of this country.

However, I believe in Evolution, and I believe that there is a creator to.

So, I guess you can put me down for a vote in all 4 of your choices.
This fits me also. I tend to be centric overall, vote independent, and believe in evolution, but also believe there is a creator or God.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Every political candidate should be asked whether they believe in creation or evolution.
Why? Whether or not someone believes in one or the other should have no affect on their ability to govern, but then again that is left to the voters of their district to descide, which is a good thing, IMO.
Casper

Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
This fits me also. I tend to be centric overall, vote independent, and believe in evolution, but also believe there is a creator or God.
As do many others, why some can not accept that both can be true is beyond me.
Casper

Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
As do many others, why some can not accept that both can be true is beyond me.
Casper
Because to do so calls into question the inerrancy of the Bible. If the Bible is errant on one issue, it opens the door to questioning other Biblical narratives. Remember, belief in a god is based upon faith, when faith is shaken so is the dogma.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,246,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I'm a liberal but none of the poll choices fits my position, which is that the evidence supports the theory of evolution by natural selection. (IOW it's not just a belief.)
Not sure I understand your comment. As far as I know, natural selection (the strong survive, the weak die out) is what underlies the theory of evolution. Evolution does not include intelligent design, which would be the opposite of natural selection. If you believe in natural selection pick evolution.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It would be fun to watch them squirm as they try to gain favor with the most voters while trying not to sound like a complete idiot. It would be especially fun if they were also addressing other foreign heads of state.

Yep i can see the spin taking place NOW! and yes i imagine they would squirm, to the point they could not stay still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies