Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:29 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If you believe any thing daily kos says, I've got a bridge I'll sell to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The problem is that the American people are switching from one particular brand of kool-aid to another. That's not exactly change in my book. Failin' Palin needs to start her own grassroots effort rather than riding on Ron Paul's bandwagon.

She needs to start up the "I was for it before I was against it (TARP)" party, and ask John Kerry to be her 2nd in command!
Agreed. I understand she had to say some things in order to support McCain. However on something as huge as a bailout I don't see compromise. The economy was the number issue at election time. IF she was against the bailout she shouldn't have accepted the VP job imo.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:51 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,297,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agreed. I understand she had to say some things in order to support McCain. However on something as huge as a bailout I don't see compromise. The economy was the number issue at election time. IF she was against the bailout she shouldn't have accepted the VP job imo.

LOVE the status message! Can't find that quote anywhere. Did you think it up?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Exactly! Just proves once again that money talks and unfortunately so does Palin. She is more irritating and annoying than getting sand in your eye. Palin has shown us time and time again that she is a hypocrite, a liar, a quitter, vengeful, self-serving and will be on whatever side will pay her fee. She's a blip on the radar screen when history tells the story generations from now. It's a shame that people in this country actually look to this character for leadership. As I said before...This "End Time" believer whackadoodle should be pitching tents in backwoods, backward America and stick to thumping her bible, convincing the ignorant that she is doing God's work.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 AM

45 posts, read 30,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The really scary and sad statement about the intellect of this country was on full display the night of Nov 4, 2008.

Quite a few of those are now remorseful.

Yeah sarah "i read off my hand" palin would be a great president.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The really scary and sad statement about the intellect of this country was on full display the night of Nov 4, 2008.

Quite a few of those are now remorseful.
You mean election 2000 when the Supreme Court SELECTED (not ELECTED) George W. Bush?

OH yeah. I remember now

Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Palin pretends she didn't publicly support the bailouts too when Beck rips McCain as 'a progressive'
Palin pretends she didn't publicly support the bailouts too when Beck rips McCain as 'a progressive' | Crooks and Liars

It is very lame to fall back on the old standby of negating the source when you do not even bother to do some of your own research. Sad.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:40 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,400,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I can't believe how much these Republicans are flip-flopping just to oppose Obama. i don't think one minority party has ever dissented this much, not under Clinton's first 2 years not ever. Why would they go so far out of their way to oppose one president on issues they once agreed on. I think I know the answer but I'll be hissed at for playing that "card"
You'd get applause from this old soldier. NOT "politics as usual"!

Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,400,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Looks to me like Palin did all the talking, did my eyes and ears deceive me?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,542,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post

Not only supported, but sent a letter to the President asking for a big chunk. The gall of that one. Well what do you expect from someone that has to write on their hands to remember things. Maybe she needs to write that on her nose. liar liar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies