Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:17 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

War stories for middle aged and elderly, pot bellied, white American warmongers.....LOL

The guy killed 5 Afghani's likely fighting to to rid their country of the American and British invaders.

Which we are now....invaders and occupiers.

Their killing accomplished nothing.

Except for making it harder on their families and children.... Increasing hatred for America throughout the World..... And driving this Country further in debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 08:16 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
War stories for middle aged and elderly, pot bellied, white American warmongers.....LOL

The guy killed 5 Afghani's likely fighting to to rid their country of the American and British invaders.

Except for making it harder on their families and children.... Increasing hatred for America throughout the World..... And driving this Country further in debt.
Yeah, but it sure is a feel-good revenge story, well worth the billions of dollars and thousands of Americans dead and maimed, now and in the future, that allow this type of revenge to take place. I just get misty-eyed when I think of all the nuclear powered subs, the stealth bombers, the million dollar cruise missiles, the defense budget larger than the rest of the world combined, so we can kill a few more illiterate goat herders. Thanks for your help, Tommy--I'm sure Afghanistan will be a much better and more stable place thanks to your efforts. I'm also sure the people of Afghanistan will thank you in their own way, given the chance.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teach1234 View Post
Yeah, but it sure is a feel-good revenge story, well worth the billions of dollars and thousands of Americans dead and maimed, now and in the future, that allow this type of revenge to take place. I just get misty-eyed when I think of all the nuclear powered subs, the stealth bombers, the million dollar cruise missiles, the defense budget larger than the rest of the world combined, so we can kill a few more illiterate goat herders. Thanks for your help, Tommy--I'm sure Afghanistan will be a much better and more stable place thanks to your efforts. I'm also sure the people of Afghanistan will thank you in their own way, given the chance.
"Thank him in their own way"? Stuff like this slays me. The whole blame the soldier for the war thing was stupid in the 60's and it's stupid now. Tell me teach, hypothetically, if you were to go to Afghanistan, for whatever reason, and some "innocent goat herder"() were to zap your buddy who came with you, would you be angry? Or, would you blame the soldiers that have been ordered (emphasis on the latter word) to the region for the righteous anger of the Taliban? Bear in mind that the soldiers deployed in that ****hole are not exactly over there waving signs proclaiming the superiority of the west and chanting slogans touting 'democracy' as the true path. The Taliban supported Al Queda, gave them refuge and aided them in attacking us. They needed their heads spun. I do agree that there is no need for our people, or anybody elses, to be dying there now, however, to wish death at the hands of Taliban fighters on this British soldier is over the top and flat ignorant.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
GOOD SHOW!

Keep up the good work!

The best way to deal with the enemy is to destroy them.

The Taliban are fifth-century thrown-back pedophiles with anal gonorrhea and fourth grade educations. They understand nothing of the world and serve only as easily molded stupidly willing murders for the likes of rich Saudis like Osama Bin Laden. Afghanistan and places just as remote and cut off from the world, the result of backward regressive repressive religious "philosophies" will always be breeding grounds for terrorists. No amount of foreign aid and development will change these places until the people who live there WANT to change...They don't. They like being uneducated and crazed buggering murderers...and they like killing kufars and the unclean infidel...which by the way.....is the rest of the world.

I'm sorry for the loss of this troops buddy...but he did the right thing in fighting back. A lesson for all of us...

Last edited by Happy Cells; 02-10-2010 at 07:23 AM..

Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Is that an accomplishment for you? This is a pointless war because whatever these soldiers do, the outcome would be the same, Afghanistan is the 2nd Vietnam. Hundreds of people are getting displaced today in Helmand because of NATO/US moving in there to fight the Taliban, i thought these people were going to get a better life, others are dying from hunger, bombardments, etc. what happend to al-qaeda who were considered the real threat in 2001? Nothing because the U.S. wanted a reason to invade Afghanistan.
Yes, because Afghanistan is world renowned for its fertile soil, vast mineral resources, and its placid population who have a history of submitting to foreign occupation.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:19 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,677,849 times
Wow, the numbers of people who have failed to get the whole story about our involvement in the mid east is quite unbelievable. I'm not sure if most people would be consenting to providing a list of the books they may have read in regard to US foreign policy and how it figures in conjunction with the corporate goals of globalism but it would most assuredly be a short list.

Militarism and corporatism have been the allied forces of US policy since the beginning of the republic, from "gunboat diplomacy" to the failed policies of the southeast Asia campaigns we have seen this alliance grow into the largest and most powerful tool of commerce by the sword and diplomacy by threat. It is the most difficult thing for American's to understand, their military tales of far off heroics are a salve for their very real wounds they suffer here at home, not from the Taliban, but from that same government they normally hate on any given day. Terror? That's when you lost your job because of the greed of your fellow countrymen, not the Taliban. Terror is the real experience when a man can't feed his children, is this happening because of the Taliban? Terror is the coming of the wrecking ball to tear down the factories in your town, Taliban or US globalism at work?

Old 02-10-2010, 01:29 PM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
GOOD SHOW!

Keep up the good work!

The best way to deal with the enemy is to destroy them.

The Taliban are fifth-century thrown-back pedophiles with anal gonorrhea and fourth grade educations. They understand nothing of the world and serve only as easily molded stupidly willing murders for the likes of rich Saudis like Osama Bin Laden. Afghanistan and places just as remote and cut off from the world, the result of backward regressive repressive religious "philosophies" will always be breeding grounds for terrorists. No amount of foreign aid and development will change these places until the people who live there WANT to change...They don't. They like being uneducated and crazed buggering murderers...and they like killing kufars and the unclean infidel...which by the way.....is the rest of the world.

I'm sorry for the loss of this troops buddy...but he did the right thing in fighting back. A lesson for all of us...
Ignorance would lead you nowhere.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,191,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Naw, these stories aren't for the group you mentioned. Many if not most of the middle aged and elderly, pot bellied, white American warmongers have enough of their own personal war stories to have to seek out more...but when they see them, they understand them.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 692 times
Default True legend

Listen u pieces of **** out there... Go and hug a ****in tree!! This guy who i know personally has done everything, he was asked todo for his country and rightly so!! This taliban need sorting **** them and i hope that one day they stop hiding behind civillian life so they face the wrath of this guy!! Put him within 1 mile ot maybe 2 of these leaderless diseases and were comin home

Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
British sniper avenges his friend by killing Taliban - Telegraph

I wish I knew this guy so I could buy him a beer and shake his hand.
Wow. Really inspiring story of a foreign occupier killing some 3rd World peasant in his own country. Very heroic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies