Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
And what......the democrats are somehow the moral party here ? This is a very strange thread. Let me spell this out: The democrats' issues are with the American people & independent voters who have rejected them. The republican party, until the Brown election, were not players for the last year. Obama & his party ignored them. Remember when Obama said: we won Win they did. They own this vile health bill, and now they want to dump the toxic waste that is this bill right on top of the republicans. No sale. It's really very simple.

Early on the republicans offered insurance reform, selling health policies across state lines, and tort reform. The democrats laughed in their face, got out their talking points, and said the republicans have never offered any answers.

At this point it's too late......the democratic party set themselves up for the beating that's coming this November, and you are very bitter about it, but you're intelligent enough to understand this which is why you are trying to bait the republicans into taking a bite of the "health care apple" I can't blame you.....you see the train that's coming down the political tracks for the dems.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No, this is all a fantasy. Every single statement you make is not only facile but inaccurate, some by narrower, some by wider margins. Your own summary, "It's really very simple," indicates you have maybe a headline-, sound bite-depth appreciation of the situation.
All of Brave's post is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:59 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,735,059 times
Quote:
No, this is all a fantasy. Every single statement you make is not only facile but inaccurate, some by narrower, some by wider margins. Your own summary, "It's really very simple," indicates you have maybe a headline-, sound bite-depth appreciation of the situation.
I don't agree with you. My main focus in joining this thread is to point out the fact that the "ship has sailed" on the democratic health bill. It's dead. What Obama and the democratic party are trying to do now is get some"political egg" on the republicans before the mid-term elections. If the republican party had any real involvment in this mess I would be the first to say so......I'm not a party first guy. The fact is this is all on the democrats. The democratic party needs to hash this out with the voters.

109 posts, read 114,139 times
Care to google it yourself, deloseranne? It's all out there so do your own research. I know you lefties don't like working and like others to lift your load but:

Let me google that for you

Quote:
I don't agree with you. My main focus in joining this thread is to point out the fact that the "ship has sailed" on the democratic health bill. It's dead. What Obama and the democratic party are trying to do now is get some"political egg" on the republicans before the mid-term elections. If the republican party had any real involvment in this mess I would be the first to say so......I'm not a party first guy. The fact is this is all on the democrats. The democratic party needs to hash this out with the voters.
You are right. The democrats OWN this issue.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh not at all.

We all know it was just for show anyway. And we all know how much the American people detest BOTH bills in the congress, so insisting that the process start over from the very beginning is a great strategy, since that is what the vast majority of people want to happen.

Perfect.

Boehner, Cantor Question White House on Proposed Health Care Summit | Republican Leader John Boehner (http://republicanleader.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=169716 - broken link)

Of course he won't. The GOP is on the side of the public on this issue.

I don't think reconciliation would work anyway and I doubt that the democrats have the balls to push it through.

Great letter...read on.
You're a sucker for empty posturing, sanrene, we all know that.

Re "starting over," of course the Ds will go through the entire package. Why do this otherwise.

Re "do you promise you wont use reconciliation?" Lol.

That whole letter just indicates that not only have they nothing, nothing, nothing to bring to the table, they dont intend to come up with anything valuable on their own. As usual.

Weasels every one of them.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landobutter View Post
Care to google it yourself, deloseranne? It's all out there so do your own research. I know you lefties don't like working and like others to lift your load but:

In other words, whoever you are, you dont have anything.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM

6,570 posts, read 6,735,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh yes the GOP's little attempt which did absolutely ZERO to address the issue of those who can't afford coverage.
Little attempt....perhaps. It would have helped and not hurt IMO. In any case the democrats had no interest in it since they are owned by the trial lawyers, are they not ?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Little attempt....perhaps. It would have helped and not hurt IMO. In any case the democrats had no interest in it since they are owned by the trial lawyers, are they not ?
No, they are not. In Glibworld, maybe.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM

109 posts, read 114,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landobutter

Quote:
In other words, whoever you are, you dont have anything.
Q.E.D.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
You're a sucker for empty posturing, sanrene, we all know that.

Re "starting over," of course the Ds will go through the entire package. Why do this otherwise.

Re "do you promise you wont use reconciliation?" Lol.

That whole letter just indicates that not only have they nothing, nothing, nothing to bring to the table, they dont intend to come up with anything valuable on their own. As usual.

Weasels every one of them.
You ignore the FACT that the republicans were COMPLETELY shut out by the democrats and obama, throughout the entire process...and now you want them to come to the table with two horrible bills they fundamentally disagree with AND the American people completely reject, just to save his skinny butt?

I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies