Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:21 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
If I have offended anyone I apologize for not getting my point across properly. But I do have to ask at what point do you think it will be worth it for folks to get off their asses turn off the reality tv shows, tune out the talking heads educate ourselves and save this country. Trust me I know what I am talking about. The noose is closely closing on this country and it has nothing to do with wedge issues and immigrants. A country as great and powerful as ours can only be destroyed from within. It is happening and we are too distracted to pay attention.
The enemy is not the left its not the right --we are all Americans its the transnationals who we should fear as they slowly push to the one world govt.
you put down right winges as you call them and then say "you are sorry if you offended anyone"? You talk about getting off our asses and stop watching reality TV, did it occur to you, probably more liberals, especially young ones watch reality TV than most others? I do respect you for servinng in the service, I do question whether this is true as I know let your commanding officer see what you have written or others you are serving with see this and it might be the last time you rant...plus you really are not making too much sense...and the more I read of what you are saying, the scarier it gets..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 AM

504 posts, read 456,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Truer words were never spoken...

I do agree that all the celebrity gossip and stupid music and tv these days acts as a force to dumb down many people and are probably set up that way by those in charge to keep us dumb ( I won't fall for it because I pay no attention to that garbage). I do agree that BOTH parties are one and are in this together for their own personal gain and not for the American people.

I do think that your title is misleading though... it is not a right winger only problem, left wingers need to wake up even more from what I have seen

The title is about right as I see it. The grassroots and energy of the right is more prone to action where as on the left theres alot of bitchin, whining and very little action even when they know they are rcorrect.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,356,396 times
The transnational bankers are running the show and have been for a long time and if folks think that democracy will save them they are wrong.The people of Iceland are a good example,they have told their gvt no on a bail out to Icebank.They have a vote coming up to stop it but their PM has said he doesn't care about the vote and that Iceland will meet it's debt obligation.
What good will your little right to vote do here when we have the Patriot Act,where you can be labeled a enemy combatant and stripped of habeas corpas and jailed with out a trial?Or how about the EO's that have been signed where the gvt can take over all utilities,water ways,and highways,etc etc....... ?Sad thing is both parties finger prints can be found where they signed and were compliant with tyrannical tactics to control us if the need was there.
Yep,we are already taken over and that is why the first Bush told congress "the NWO is here like it or not " Most likely a vast majority missed it,they were to busy listening to the talking bobble heads arguing over using notes or reading off of a teleprompter.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you put down right winges as you call them and then say "you are sorry if you offended anyone"? You talk about getting off our asses and stop watching reality TV, did it occur to you, probably more liberals, especially young ones watch reality TV than most others? I do respect you for servinng in the service, I do question whether this is true as I know let your commanding officer see what you have written or others you are serving with see this and it might be the last time you rant...plus you really are not making too much sense...and the more I read of what you are saying, the scarier it gets..

Nita

What exactly do you find scary.
Trust me I am all for everything that is truly american, meaning apple Pie baseball and fighting the good fight. I am not alone lol there is nothing to be scared of. Problem is all our American values are being perverted by big business who plays us all against each other while they line their pockets with the money that the average hardworking American works his ***** off for. If you think that everything is like it should be RIGHT NOW then I actually find you to be quite scary.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:29 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,665,850 times
We started on the slippery slope to corporatocracy during WW1 when our weapons factories found out about the huge profits available supplying a war somewhere else. They consolidated their power during WW2 and gave us the cold War so the corporate welfare would not stop. The recent Middle Eastern wars are just an expansion on the policy. We have become a warmongering empire with almost all of the decent paying jobs in the war industry. War has become our economy.

I do not for see a change until we decide to take care of our own country before we burn down some other country.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Right Wingers have not yet recognized that their party has been Hijacked by the impending facist corporatocracy soon to rule this land. Instead of wanting to improve govt they want to kill it. Sorry, but if you read the documents our Govt is supposed to be for the people and by the people. You have let closet Nazi's brainwash you into thinking that what was once a govt the world once looked up to is now a threat to you.
Instead of a social safety net for all our citizens you'd rather gamble with your own futures because someone of color may be "getting over while you work hard"----So the solution is to turn the system over to a private company LOL!!!! DUMB!!!!

For now you think you have a good and secure job so its "Hell no to a non profit sytem for health insurance" Let the corporations who are ripping America a new one keep handling things LOL!!!! DUMB!!!!

You let your children be sent off to WAG THE DOG WARS where evidence is right in front of you that it was all lies but you ignore it, because if you want accountablity youre a homosexual tree hugging liberal. Deep in your heart you know it was all BS but "hey" you have an image to uphold. Trillions added to the debt while the price of gas triples even though we were in posession of an oil producing state LOL!!!! DUMB!!!!

Those were just a few examples but I will guarantee you wont wake up out the ether until its too late and blackwater has built up enough of a foreign component to where the corporatist can use their mercs to put down any insurrection on our part. Thing is I have true respect for true conservatives of the Barry Goldwater Ilk even could respect the McCain of 2000 or James Baker. The gallows should await Cheney, Rumsfeld, Greenspan, Paulson and Reagan is burning away somewhere in his own private corner of hell. True conservatives would have never let our manufacturing base be destroyed by sweatshops in 3rd world nations true Conservatives would not have made up a war then and try to bankrupt our nation while building up someone elses.

If you noticed I did not mention Republicans or Democrats once-----Right now Big business owns them---either we take the parties back in good faith or we need to start protesting in front of the Fed, Goldman Sach's Exxon and Citi-bank. We better make a move now because our country is just about gone.

stationed in Iraq......what unit???

as for your post....wrong the left is the facist corporatocracy

Quote:
True conservatives[/b] would have never let our manufacturing base be destroyed by sweatshops in 3rd world nations
then maybe the the democrat controlled congress of 1993 and the democrat clinton shouldnt have passed NAFTA/cafta/gatt/ofta

Quote:
blackwater has built up
blackwater got its first contract under clinton

Quote:
Trillions added to the debt while the price of gas triples even though we were in posession of an oil producing state
and the left keeps adding to the debt, and btw that country you are currently in (iraq) we dont POSSESS, IT IS AN indepent SOVERN NATION WITH THEIR OWN CONSTITUTION....btw2...we get a majority of our foreign oil from CANADA

Quote:
For now you think you have a good and secure job so its "Hell no to a non profit sytem for health insurance"
MEDICAID IS SINGLE PAYER.... last year we spent 310 BILLION, on medicaid to cover about 30 million people...AGAIN about 10,300 per person on average....again if we were to expand it to the entire population of 310 million people it would be over 3 TRILLION dollars A YEAR...again divide that by the 110 million taxpayers and it is over 30,000 A YEAR in NEW taxes..........CAN YOU AFFORD THAT, SOLDIER???????

simple things like 'nationalizing' corporations, removing the guns from the people,,blame the jews (or the modern version 'the zionists'),,duty of the state(government) to PROVIDE for the people,,division of profits (redistribution of wealth),,,, DO THESE SOUND FAMILIAR, YES THE ARE THE TALKING POINTS OF THE DNC AND MOVEON.ORG....THEY ARE ALSO PART OF HITLERS 25 POINTS

Old 02-09-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
The transnational bankers are running the show and have been for a long time and if folks think that democracy will save them they are wrong.The people of Iceland are a good example,they have told their gvt no on a bail out to Icebank.They have a vote coming up to stop it but their PM has said he doesn't care about the vote and that Iceland will meet it's debt obligation.
What good will your little right to vote do here when we have the Patriot Act,where you can be labeled a enemy combatant and stripped of habeas corpas and jailed with out a trial?Or how about the EO's that have been signed where the gvt can take over all utilities,water ways,and highways,etc etc....... ?Sad thing is both parties finger prints can be found where they signed and were compliant with tyrannical tactics to control us if the need was there.
Yep,we are already taken over and that is why the first Bush told congress "the NWO is here like it or not " Most likely a vast majority missed it,they were to busy listening to the talking bobble heads arguing over using notes or reading off of a teleprompter.

Wow sosmeone with a sense of what is really going on... May I distract you with some gay marriage a lil bit of reality TV and a dash of "Natalie Holloway is still missing". I now pronounce you distracted lol!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:58 AM

Default I agree with alot you have to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
stationed in Iraq......what unit???

as for your post....wrong the left is the facist corporatocracy

then maybe the the democrat controlled congress of 1993 and the democrat clinton shouldnt have passed NAFTA/cafta/gatt/ofta

blackwater got its first contract under clinton

and the left keeps adding to the debt, and btw that country you are currently in (iraq) we dont POSSESS, IT IS AN indepent SOVERN NATION WITH THEIR OWN CONSTITUTION....btw2...we get a majority of our foreign oil from CANADA

MEDICAID IS SINGLE PAYER.... last year we spent 310 BILLION, on medicaid to cover about 30 million people...AGAIN about 10,300 per person on average....again if we were to expand it to the entire population of 310 million people it would be over 3 TRILLION dollars A YEAR...again divide that by the 110 million taxpayers and it is over 30,000 A YEAR in NEW taxes..........CAN YOU AFFORD THAT, SOLDIER???????

simple things like 'nationalizing' corporations, removing the guns from the people,,blame the jews (or the modern version 'the zionists'),,duty of the state(government) to PROVIDE for the people,,division of profits (redistribution of wealth),,,, DO THESE SOUND FAMILIAR, YES THE ARE THE TALKING POINTS OF THE DNC AND MOVEON.ORG....THEY ARE ALSO PART OF HITLERS 25 POINTS

Sounds like youre looking for an Ideological bru ha ha
I just want our country to be what it is supposed to be.
All enemies of the state left or right need to meet the guillotine.
Sticking to one ideology is insane. I try common sense, there are good pricipals on the left and the right. If we take out the corruption and the backroom deals there is no way you can tell me that a single-payer system cant work. Because people are too lazy to root out the corruption we should just settle for what we have today. I am of the mind that we have not had a real president since FDR. Johnson and Nixon had their higlights in my opinion also.

Anyone who had anything to do with NAFTA/cafta/gatt/ofta and the repealing of Glass steagall should be in front of a firing squad. Its to the poitn that these politicians arent scared of the people they are scared of the transnationals. The Supreme courts latest corporate decision is one of the last nails in the coffin. The media is owned by these folks thats why anytime any politician on either side mentions Glass Steagall there is all of a sudden need for a cut to a commercial.

Social Security and sigle-payer healthcare could be solvent if our countries economy was handled properly---BUT
This Milton Friedman, Reaganominc Atlas shrugged BS is leadig this country to hell in a handbasket.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,356,396 times
To bad we do not heed the words of warning,Ike told us to be aware of the military industrial complex and Jefferson warned that a central bank is more dangerous then a standing army.Look at the evidence our country is in a recession has it hurt the banks or the military industry?
To keep the game going our gvt borrows trillions to have 700 bases all over the world and to fight two wars.Who benefits the most?of course the banks do,take for example our 789 billion debt that we owe China.Do we owe the gvt or the people of China?No,we owe the central bank of China that money,they are the ones who are holding the Tbonds and will collect the interest.
Has anyone noticed how McCain/Obama both high tailed to DC for the bank bail out?Or that we have a POTUS from a different party that has kept in place policies of the previous administration?Lets see we are still in Iraq,expanded operations in Afghanistan,and the patriot act is still in place.And of course Uncle Ben is still at the press printing money and selling/buying Tbonds to other central banks.We are owned.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:20 AM

18,151 posts, read 15,578,521 times
Quote:
Sounds like youre looking for an Ideological bru ha ha
I just want our country to be what it is supposed to be.
All enemies of the state left or right need to meet the guillotine.
Sticking to one ideology is insane. I try common sense, there are good pricipals on the left and the right. If we take out the corruption and the backroom deals there is no way you can tell me that a single-payer system cant work. Because people are too lazy to root out the corruption we should just settle for what we have today. I am of the mind that we have not had a real president since FDR. Johnson and Nixon had their higlights in my opinion also.

Anyone who had anything to do with NAFTA/cafta/gatt/ofta and the repealing of Glass steagall should be in front of a firing squad. Its to the poitn that these politicians arent scared of the people they are scared of the transnationals. The Supreme courts latest corporate decision is one of the last nails in the coffin. The media is owned by these folks thats why anytime any politician on either side mentions Glass Steagall there is all of a sudden need for a cut to a commercial.

Social Security and sigle-payer healthcare could be solvent if our countries economy was handled properly---BUT
This Milton Friedman, Reaganominc Atlas shrugged BS is leadig this country to hell in a handbasket.
Take out the corruption and backroom deals? LMAO, yea, but you DO realize what that would take to do ...right? You speak of Facism and corporate/government total power schemes, and talk of guillotenes and firing squads, ....sound like some other place and time in history to anyone but me? While I understand the core of your talking points...to a point...I have to bunch up a bit when your ideology starts to taste like mass produced and rationed vodka. Verily, I find little actual sense in most of what you are posting, but I do see a base idea. Some of what you say points in the right direction, then you swing over in directions I can't follow, (must be gettin' old) Well, I have to go and serve the corporate agenda for my alloted time, perhaps we can talk more later, that is, if you think it worth talking to anyone over 30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies