Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:04 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Capping law suits protects doctors and hurts trial lawyers. what group is a huge democratic supporter? trial lawyers, Big Pharmacies can not rush drugs to market without FDA approval
right now if we could buy insurance across sate lines in OK the companies there charge 1/3 less than Texas. it would either make the Texas companies drop rates or drop insures, why woudl the dems be against the ability of a company to buy the best insurance possible.
I know of 3 homeless people right now getting chemo. So emergency rooms will treat you. they will set bones also and give out drugs to the sick.
these are the things republican want to let the country see they are behind. thats why i think its a mistake if they no show the forum. Perhaps Americans would reject their ideas, we know Americans have rejected Obama care.
An Oklahoma Insurance Company is going to charge someone in Texas, what the Medical costs are in Texas - not on what medical costs are in Oklahoma. If Texas has a higher medical cost output - It doesn't matter where you get insurance coverage from, you will pay more Unless you want folks in Oklahoma to pay extra to cover folks in Texas
If you know 3 homeless folks who are getting chemo (which is chronic care) not acute care for which an emergency room is intended - they are either passing the cost of that care onto someone else or applying for Medicaid for those homeless folks. Either way it's not
a free ride for the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 01:08 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,205,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
An Oklahoma Insurance Company is going to charge someone in Texas, what the Medical costs are in Texas - not on what medical costs are in Oklahoma. If Texas has a higher medical cost output - It doesn't matter where you get insurance coverage from, you will pay more Unless you want folks in Oklahoma to pay extra to cover folks in Texas
If you know 3 homeless folks who are getting chemo (which is chronic care) not acute care for which an emergency room is intended - they are either passing the cost of that care onto someone else or applying for Medicaid for those homeless folks. Either way it's not
a free ride for the rest of us.
I am talking about group insurance being bought across state lines. We can buy car insurance across state lines letting us shop for the best deals. Same thing should go for health insurance. Companies from other states might have less over head and administration costs.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,942,351 times
Quote:
They finally have been offered a seat at the table in an open summit. They need to show up
Obama said in less than week after his inauguration to the GOP, I won.

"Finally have been offered" - Obama can remove his head and shove that offered seat right up his bum.

Dems couldn't pass health care on their own.

And guess what, with Murther dead - ObamaCare has zero chance of passing the Senate. And like I said, Obama Care was so radical that Dems couldn't even get it through the House.

Why would the Repubs want anything to do with it. Besides, anything Obama is anymore, the kiss of death.

And the public, no cares about HCR, it is not our priority. Especially not with Obama in the lead. He is too dishonest and arrogant.

Fix the economy, create jobs, balance the deficit, address illegals and take the war on terror serious - and then maybe-maybe, we can bring this up again.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
I am talking about group insurance being bought across state lines. We can buy car insurance across state lines letting us shop for the best deals. Same thing should go for health insurance. Companies from other states might have less over head and administration costs.
It may sound like a good idea - but I have never seen an Insurance Company that did not want to minimize cost. Even with Car Insurance - depending on the state you live in your premiums will be adjusted accordingly - higher if you live in a higher accident/claim area. It is no different with homeowners - let's say you live in a Hurricane prone State. You may be able to get that policy from Connecticut, but they sure are going to Make You Pay - if you live in a high risk state. Health care is no different and it won't be different across state lines, group policy, whatever. If you lived in Baton Rouge and everyone has cancer and the Insurance Company is in North Dakota - someone will be paying more. Either you or the other guy.
I think it will still be you

Once again I think tort reform(state issue) and buying insurance across state lines are distractions on the Republican side, and they have no legs, as they say - at least to pass on any REAL savings to you, the consumer

Old 02-09-2010, 01:23 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
We already have universal health care. No one who walks into an emergency room is denied care.
As I have stated in earlier posts on this issue..try going into an emergency room of your local hospital and requesting a colonoscopy, pap smear, mammogram or any other preventive diagnotic test and see how far you get other than being shown the exit door.

BTW..who told you that emergency room treatment does not generate a bill???

Old 02-09-2010, 01:43 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,726,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I disagree.

The public wants congress to start over on HC reform...from scratch.

The public does not like either of the bills in congress.

The democrats refuse to start over...they just want a "show" meeting so they can say the republicans are unwilling to negotiate, when their intention all along is to continue trying to pass these very unpopular bills.

Why should the republicans pull their butts out of the fire? The democrats OWN, lock, stock and barrel the legislation, we have them on record voting for these monstrosities on a party line vote.

As Boehner and McConnell stated - IF the presidents agrees to start over from scratch, they would be willing to sit down at the table.

The GOP has the American people on their side.
Sanrene, I agree with you entirely. I think that the Republicans should view this proposed "summit" as Reagan viewed summits with the Soviets during the Cold War. In order to prevent those summits from devolving into propaganda coups for the Soviets a written agreed framework was negotiated before a summit ever took place. That ensured that if the summit failed it would be clear to all who had negotiated in good faith and who was just posturing. It should be clear from the agreed framework just what is or is not on the table. If Obama insists that the bills passed by the House and Senate are the starting point of the negotiation then that is a non-starter because, as you've noted, those bills have been soundly rejected by the majority of the American people.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 PM

58,736 posts, read 27,080,924 times
"We can buy car insurance across state lines".

I may be wrong but, I don't think you can buy car insurance across state lines.

I recently moved to a new state. My previous carrier sad they do not operate in my new state.Ii had to find an insurer who was liscenced in my new state.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Quote:
they would make an big error by not attending the televised summit on health care offered by President Obama. They finally have been offered a seat at the table in an open summit. They need to show up

why??
because Obama is pandering?
because he is not interested in anything but his bill?
I hope to hell they do not go
screw Obama and his BS
if people fall for this crap, they are as loony as Obama

Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
they would make an big error by not attending the televised summit on health care offered by President Obama. They finally have been offered a seat at the table in an open summit. They need to show up
Mistake? No. It's a trap, and they know it. Obama has no interest in what Republicans think. He just wants them to "hang" with Democrats.

They should not go along. It's a set-up.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,197,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They are kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one. If they attend, they will be exposed. If they don't, they will be exposed. Pretty shrewd move on the part of the President.

no, because we see what he is doing
good grief, that is one of the reasons his polls are tanking
people see his bull crap for just what it is
he does not give the people credit for having a brain
he forgets, the rose is off the stupid bloom~~
he is not shrewd, his is slimy, and is hoping we will not notice
Too late Mr O~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies