Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 05:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,502,481 times

Advertisements

I'm white. The cop sees me walking down the street at 2:30 a.m., he hassles me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If you are so much against wage slavery, why do you say that nobody deserves to make as much as $25 an hour?
Because it's way too much. We need to normalize excessive salaries, then everyone might be a little more equal, hey?

All I know is that my coworkers are pretty much like me--living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not saying it's a BAD thing, or something to be avoided, it's just recognized as a fact of life.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:51 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,516,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Because it's way too much. We need to normalize excessive salaries, then everyone might be a little more equal, hey?

All I know is that my coworkers are pretty much like me--living paycheck to paycheck. I'm not saying it's a BAD thing, or something to be avoided, it's just recognized as a fact of life.

If you make much less than $25 an hour and consider what you make a fair salary, and say that $25/hour is way too much, why would you then turn around and complain about wage slavery and living paycheck to paycheck? I just don't understand your logic here.

It's way too much if you live by yourself in a cave as a hermit, or if you're in your mom's basement without a family. All I know is, $25 an hour is barely middle class where I come from.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If you make much less than $25 an hour and consider what you make a fair salary, and say that $25/hour is way too much, why would you then turn around and complain about wage slavery and living paycheck to paycheck? I just don't understand your logic here.

It's way too much if you live by yourself in a cave as a hermit, or if you're in your mom's basement without a family. All I know is, $25 an hour is barely middle class where I come from.
But I'm not complaining. I accept things as they are, just stating the facts of life.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,726,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by + or - View Post
Excuse me? First of all, it's my money and I'll buy with it whatever the hell I want, and I couldn't care WHO I offend. Besides, it was de rigeur for kids to get luxury cars at the age of 16 where I grew up -- if you didn't, you were a loser.

I drew attention to myself because I was a black kid in a nice car. I don't "crank" my music up and I certainly don't disrespect authority.

As for my so-called "black identity", you don't know me, or how I choose to identify, so get over yourself you racist ****. You sound absolutely ridiculous
You are entirely colorless online. You're measured by how badly you treat others, AKA troll. This is a universal principle in civilization. I could care less what you drive, but your entitlement mentality, monied or not, is still entitlement mentality. De rigeur isn't a value most Americans care to bother with on principle. Entitling children a gift that could very well kill them is not love, it's lazy parenting and keeping up with the joneses. The very article you reference characterizes the behavior with disdain and in your myopic prism of self hatred identity you turn it into racism. You turn every issue into racism because you've been trained to think that way by your own community.

Surely in a free country you'll buy whatever the hell you want, but when you're giving it to your kids that reflects poorly on you no matter what color or creed you are. Blacks emulating the poorest character of white culture and calling it their own... too pathetic!

Quote:
As if I'd be working for you?
You were the one whining about lost opportunities, not I. I've gotten just about every job I've ever applied for in male dominated industries on merit. Seems one of us did something right when I'm not the one whining.

When it's convenient for you to trash talk you will, never knowing a thing about me being instrumental in promoting a black to shop steward and further recommendations for grooming as operations foreman, or getting another one fired on grounds of incompetence. To you, the entire world exists for it's opportunity to assault you. The whole planet is a pawn, and it's long past time you got over your ridiculous conceited self because no one cares to make excuses for your BS. Lie to yourself all you want, the rest of us aren't convinced of anything but your obvious need for therapy.

Quote:
I know it consistently ranks among the poorest and least educated states with some of the worst schools in the nation and that it has a reputation as being backwards, provincial, and largely blue collar.

As for whites being excluded from government programs, perhaps it's time, since blacks were excluded from just about everything before 1965. This included where they could live, eat, shop, go to school, sit on the bus, etc.

You are narrow-minded and delusional.
Regurgitate the hollow statistics you're all too happy to accept to satisfy yourself as 'superior'. You prefer to remain ignorant, and that perfectly mirrors the same backwater KKK idiots you'd criticize. You're both addicted to victim mentalities and you're both delusional narrow minded bigots.

Oh BTW, don't blame anything I've said on native WV'ns/ Appalachian population. I'm an impartial native NY'r who chose to live here willingly. I could have lived anywhere in the world if I wanted to. My neighbors are mixed race and nobody has a problem with them because they're respectful. You on the other hand would not be welcome anywhere in this state. It's your character that's so lacking, not your color. Character counts far more than money in WV.

Calipoppy-- Easy math isn't it? I won't work with haters and you prefer their company. Your lack of professionalism will do it every time. I can tell by your (collective) language you'd LOVE Atlanta's way of doing business. I can tell by + -'s attitude problem and misattributed blame mentality, identical to KKK mindset, the sun rises and sets on his behind. You don't care how I'm speaking to you but can't allow yourself to believe your own behavior/ attitudes are what I am addressing. You're treated like a human being online until you stop acting like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
There is no need for whites to get defensive when the subject of white privilege comes up, no more than I should get defensive as a man when confronted with the reality of male privilege, or as an able-bodied person on privilege for the able-bodied, etc. It's just the reality of the world we live in. Doesn't mean your whiteness and the privilege contained therein makes you a bad person. Doesn't even mean that there is some kind of attendant moral imperative for you to "give it up" or make penance for it.

There is no "victory" to be had by getting white people to recognize the implications of white privilege in their own lives and in those of non-whites, as if doing so would relegate whites to a perpetual role of vicarious oppressor, forever in a state of moral debt peonage to non-whites. There is no harm done in appreciating the reality of injustice in the lives of the "non-privileged"; if anything, it should only serve to enhance your resolve to promote fairness and equity in your everyday dealings with different people.
Lets turn this around and call it male privilege vs females. At some point women are obliged to tune out BS and take the bull by the horns. At some point women have to be willing to roll up their sleeves, see their own shortcomings, address them directly, and live up to the standard of merit.

Women whining at this point is ridiculous. If they're unhappy feeding a culture that punishes them, don't feed it! If they've got socioeconomic barriers hobbling their freedom, get the skills necessary for small business enterprise. Yes it IS a burden having to grow filters on my ears tuning out BS, but those filters also protect me from the vulnerabilities of my male counterparts, so is that skill useless? That skill was vital in my career. Vital to many success stories of blacks I've known as well. Fact is in my time in military service, we were all learning equally from one another in service to the team.

So long as these BS political ideologies are abused to pit one group against another, as if we were all competing for resources, they will have succeeded in enslaving the masses infinitely stuck on stupid. Men vs women. Black vs white. Rich vs poor. Poor vs poor. This is nuts!!!

Care to revert to what this thread is really about? Black identity means what? To any other race, it is nothing more than how you collectively treat others. Oprah is what? Obama? Cosby? Michael Jordan? Will Smith not black enough for you? Or is black identity gangster rappers killing each other over dominance? Shall I measure the worth of an entire race based on calipoppy's arrogance, or should I remember the contents of character MLK spoke about?

Indeed, blacks all too often misjudge constructive criticism because they're too emotionally weak to believe that it's anything else but racism. Racism is the excuse du jour, it's mind candy. That very same mind candy was fed women for over 2 centuries fostering artificial dependence claiming them the 'weaker vessel'. Who has been injured more? A contest of victims? Let's not bother with more stuck on stupid.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM

305 posts, read 802,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Could you kindly share what types of "perks" I have for being a white female?
Lower home loans % would be a start...

Study finds home loan rates differ for blacks, whites | TuscaloosaNews.com

Old article...

Seriously do whites believe White Privilege doesn't exist?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM

631 posts, read 1,285,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Lie to yourself all you want, the rest of us aren't convinced of anything but your obvious need for therapy.

This sums it up entirely.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM

631 posts, read 1,285,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post
Lower home loans % would be a start...

Study finds home loan rates differ for blacks, whites | TuscaloosaNews.com

Old article...

Seriously do whites believe White Privilege doesn't exist?

Interest on loans are based on credit scores, not race. Seriously, get over yourself.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,487,438 times
Credit score is a key factor, however the loan officer has the ability approve/deny loans, set interest rates, etc.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Interest on loans are based on credit scores, not race. Seriously, get over yourself.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM

305 posts, read 802,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post

Indeed, blacks all too often misjudge constructive criticism because they're too emotionally weak to believe that it's anything else but racism.
Criticism is one thing but what we have in modern days in blatant stereotyping, this is the mindset of whites whenever a black pushes out the racism chant. Yes, your criticizing based on the fact that you think I should wear my pants at my waist, yes you're tell me school is important and I should stop trying to be a rapper and do good in life but you're judging me from the perception you see of me and that's were you fail.

A white guy can have a negative image and still get into a company faster than a black person...especially a man... which it seems America is separating brothas from sistas with all these bullcrap t.v shows showing hard working women and broke men who want to roll a blunt and hang with the fellas at 40 years old.

But you don't see that, based of perception you immediately put black men in a different box based on what you see and hear and when black unemployment is doubled that of whites you say they need to work harder but you don't see the elephant in the room, just constant perception.

I worked with white guys that had a preference for men, had constant drug and alcohol problems and honestly they get a pass since they cover their personal life from their work settings... a black man isn't that lucky, we're looked upon negatively from the start and you don't see that criticism, instead we're weak since we come up with the racism chant all the time.

I will be here when African American unemployment reaches 30% and whites are at 5%, I wonder what you will say.

With the majority of American jobs being unskilled labor, what's really the excuse? A black guy isn't smart enough to tell you how to turn on your ipod? Don't see many black waiters.... is that facial hair a bit too rough? What is it?

Racism is the excuse du jour, it's mind candy. That very same mind candy was fed women for over 2 centuries fostering artificial dependence claiming them the 'weaker vessel'. Who has been injured more? A contest of victims? Let's not bother with more stuck on stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies